MN-02 (KSTP/SUSA): Craig 46 - Kistner 45
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:43:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2022 Senate & House Election Polls
  MN-02 (KSTP/SUSA): Craig 46 - Kistner 45
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: MN-02 (KSTP/SUSA): Craig 46 - Kistner 45  (Read 1868 times)
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2022, 10:57:20 AM »

Given the state of the polling industry, that's probably a Kistner win. I was always pessimistic about this one. She performed poorly in 2020 and the district barely changed.

D lead ---> D is losing
R lead ---> D is losing
If a Democrat in a super white Midwestern district is only ahead by 1, yes they are losing.

How do you reconcile that with NE-1 and MN-1 specials this year? In MN-1, literally an adjacent district, the Dem overperformed a poll by literally the same polling company.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2022, 11:00:58 AM »

Given the state of the polling industry, that's probably a Kistner win. I was always pessimistic about this one. She performed poorly in 2020 and the district barely changed.

D lead ---> D is losing
R lead ---> D is losing
If a Democrat in a super white Midwestern district is only ahead by 1, yes they are losing.

How do you reconcile that with NE-1 and MN-1 specials this year? In MN-1, literally an adjacent district, the Dem overperformed a poll by literally the same polling company.

Those were special elections with different turnout patterns.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2022, 11:05:12 AM »

D lead ---> D is losing
R lead ---> D is losing

Those were special elections with different turnout patterns.

Ok, fair enough, but they happened and provide evidence of polling efficacy this year, vs. vibes
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2022, 11:09:19 AM »

The odd thing is that very specifically SUSA in Minnesota -- and not Minnesota polling generally, or even SUSA in other states -- has a history of overestimating Republicans.
Again, with educational polarization increasing, I'm going to take an educated guess that even pollsters that were accurate/previously overestimated Republicans will now likely overestimate democrats
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2022, 11:13:28 AM »

The odd thing is that very specifically SUSA in Minnesota -- and not Minnesota polling generally, or even SUSA in other states -- has a history of overestimating Republicans.
Again, with educational polarization increasing, I'm going to take an educated guess that even pollsters that were accurate/previously overestimated Republicans will now likely overestimate democrats

But in an educated district like this, why would Democrats come out in the special but not here? If anything, if you assume GOP will come out when they didn't in August, then that brings you to equilibrium if anything.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2022, 11:25:56 AM »

But in an educated district like this, why would Democrats come out in the special but not here? If anything, if you assume GOP will come out when they didn't in August, then that brings you to equilibrium if anything.

The special was in a different district, and the Democratic campaign there outspent the Republican one substantially; there was also an extremely negative Republican primary the same day that might've depressed the vote. Plenty of reasons to think that it didn't really matter.

(The interesting thing about the specials is that all of them, except NY-18, have ready-made excuses for the GOP. The thing is that there really isn't one for NY-18, and the string of four consecutive quite bad performances is pretty eyebrow-raising.)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2022, 11:28:17 AM »

The special was in a different district, and the Democratic campaign there outspent the Republican one substantially; there was also an extremely negative Republican primary the same day that might've depressed the vote. Plenty of reasons to think that it didn't really matter.

(The interesting thing about the specials is that all of them, except NY-18, have ready-made excuses for the GOP. The thing is that there really isn't one for NY-18, and the string of four consecutive quite bad performances is pretty eyebrow-raising.)

I thought Finstead severely outspent Ettinger?
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2022, 03:40:21 AM »

D lead ---> D is losing
R lead ---> D is losing

The sooner Dems realize they are playing a game of “heads we lose, tails they win” the better.

As opposed to the GOP's "heads we win, tails we coup"
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies