"a man was murdered in the parking lot of a sex shop down the street from my house"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:09:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  "a man was murdered in the parking lot of a sex shop down the street from my house"
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "a man was murdered in the parking lot of a sex shop down the street from my house"  (Read 159 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 17, 2022, 12:19:42 AM »

is a phrase I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2022, 12:33:38 PM »

We've all been there Believe it or not. Or at least I have. In the tiny quiet average of less than one non-vacular homicide a year rural County I lived in for several years, we actually had two homicides within a football field of my front door. It would make it sound like we were living in the most blighted Urban Decay area imaginable, but in fact it was just strange coincidence. I lived less than two blocks away from the edge of downtown where I could walk to a nearby convenience store and around the corner to a good pizza shop. One time a guy was being chased by police and had a complete mental break and effectively committed suicide by cop in the convenience store parking lot. It was a high school classmate of my wife's who actually pulled the trigger. The other was actually a bona fide homicide where an old guy got beat up behind a bar a few doors up from the pizza shop for the cash he had been flashing around inside and wound up dying of the injuries.

Oh, and our neighbors kids on one side got in trouble for slashing a neighbor's tires and wound up knocking up the neighbor girl on the other side of our house who likewise had gotten in trouble for skipping school and the like. Very awkward as I was the juvenile court prosecutor for the county and had to pass those off to a colleague in the office to handle.

Again, one would think from those statistics that I lived in a crime ridden wasteland, but it was again simply pure coincidence and we were in in fact a very safe community.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies