Did you ever watch Barney?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:05:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Did you ever watch Barney?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Did you ever watch Barney?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 34

Author Topic: Did you ever watch Barney?  (Read 484 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 12, 2022, 11:39:51 PM »

Yes I'm watching the Peacock documentary now.

But thankfully NO, although my youngest brother did. I always hated that AWFUL show.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2022, 11:40:59 PM »

Why are you watching a documentary about a children’s show you never watched on a streaming service nobody watches?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2022, 11:57:12 PM »

Why are you watching a documentary about a children’s show you never watched

It's really about the hatred of Barney which I relate to because boy did I hate that show!

Uh what? It's got all episodes of 30 Rock and The Office.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2022, 11:59:10 PM »

Yes, when I was very small.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2022, 12:26:38 AM »

No, but I did have a Barney doll when I was very little that I guess I somehow got as a beta tester because it was somehow a Microsoft product?
Blow by blow, the passion dies
LeonelBrizola
YaBB God
Brazil

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2022, 05:04:17 AM »

A couple of times during my childhood
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2022, 06:03:19 AM »

I was an adult (or late teen?) when Barney started, but I did raise 4 kids in the age of Barney but pretty much completely avoided it because both mothers hated the show.  I didn't think it was that much worse than other baby aimed shows, they are all kind of annoying.  There is a 5th toddler in my house now (the grandbaby) and she watches a lot of YouTube, but never has us pick the Barney ones.  She's into Pepa Pig and Daniel Tiger.  I appreciate Daniel Tiger as it's the spiritual successor to Mr Rogers, whom I loved as a kid....like all good hearted people.  There is some weird sh**t on YT aimed at children....not in the creepy way they reportedly were a few years ago, but still strange.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2022, 07:52:45 AM »

I was an adult (or late teen?) when Barney started, but I did raise 4 kids in the age of Barney but pretty much completely avoided it because both mothers hated the show.  I didn't think it was that much worse than other baby aimed shows, they are all kind of annoying.  There is a 5th toddler in my house now (the grandbaby) and she watches a lot of YouTube, but never has us pick the Barney ones.  She's into Pepa Pig and Daniel Tiger.  I appreciate Daniel Tiger as it's the spiritual successor to Mr Rogers, whom I loved as a kid....like all good hearted people.  There is some weird sh**t on YT aimed at children....not in the creepy way they reportedly were a few years ago, but still strange.
Did you ever have to watch Dora the Explorer or did the kids mercifully ignore that too?
Blow by blow, the passion dies
LeonelBrizola
YaBB God
Brazil

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2022, 09:09:16 AM »

My 2 year old brother is addicted to Peppa Pig
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2022, 10:21:56 AM »

Did you ever have to watch Dora the Explorer or did the kids mercifully ignore that too?
oh yes, and Blues Clues.  Either are....not painful in small doses, it's the repetition which is annoying.  But I guess that's what the kids crave, I don't know.  I still know the "we just got a letter" and "I'm the map" songs and, ya know, I think the Dora songs are finally out of my head.  I know there is a backpack song, but I can't pull it up.  And of course the line "Swiper, no swiping".

It was nice when they advanced to SpongeBob and that football headed kid show (Hey Arnold maybe?), and even better when it was the Simpsons and Office reruns.
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2022, 12:32:39 PM »

My earliest memory is watching Barney’s Great Adventure in the movie theater; I couldn’t have been older than two years old. When I got older I proudly participated in Anti-Barney Humor, like almost everyone in my age cohort.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2022, 01:39:17 PM »

Yes, I did. I also watched Dora the Explorer.

(And no, even though this post appears to have been made solely to trigger BRTD, I genuinely, actually, unironically watched both shows when I was little.)
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2022, 02:03:59 PM »

My special needs sister has watched Barney every day for about my entire life. Thankfully new Barney episodes were capped in about 2005, so its only the more vintage stuff I'll see.

Some Barney makes me cringe. But a lot is still way better than many of the alternatives over the years.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2022, 02:15:54 PM »

My earliest memory is watching Barney’s Great Adventure in the movie theater; I couldn’t have been older than two years old. When I got older I proudly participated in Anti-Barney Humor, like almost everyone in my age cohort.

Different show but

"Bob the Builder, can we kill him?
Bob the Builder, yes we can!"

is definitely one thing I will never forget.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2022, 02:17:27 PM »

Probably did see a few episodes, but was nothing I really watched.  I do remember this rendition (might be off slightly on the exact words, but this was the gist)

I HATE YOU, YOU HATE ME, WHERE WORST ENEMIES LIKE ENEMIES SHOULD BE.    WITH A GREAT BIG PUNCH AND A KICK FROM ME TO YOU, WON'T YOU SAY YOU HATE ME TOO
Liminal Trans Girl
Lawer
United States

P P P
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2022, 02:42:27 PM »

Never watched it, but my 5 year old brother watches the most annoying sh**t ever
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2022, 06:29:08 PM »

When my sister was a kid, yes, I'd have to watch it with her sometimes.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2022, 06:51:03 PM »

Back when I was 4
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2022, 09:31:12 PM »

I watched Barney when I was extremely young, yeah. Also Polka Dot Shorts (Canadian show) and Sesame Street.
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2022, 05:56:20 AM »

Back when I was 5 or so
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies