AZ-SEN (OHPI) - Kelly +13, Libertarian at 15(!?)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:35:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2022 Senate & House Election Polls
  AZ-SEN (OHPI) - Kelly +13, Libertarian at 15(!?)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: AZ-SEN (OHPI) - Kelly +13, Libertarian at 15(!?)  (Read 1240 times)
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 11, 2022, 08:41:42 AM »

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2022, 08:53:07 AM »

Doesn't MT Treasure has this Lean R, Lol
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2022, 09:08:25 AM »

Womp womp
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2022, 09:14:22 AM »

Not sure how Victor would play "spoiler" when Masters is only down 2 from the last poll.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2022, 09:16:36 AM »

Garbage poll, do I really need to say more?

Reminds me of the 2020 poll with Kelly +17 weeks before the election. I'm expecting a similar result to 2 years ago.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2022, 09:20:34 AM »

Imagine polling worse than Dr Oz even after puppy gate lol
soundchaser

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

P P P
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2022, 10:02:08 AM »

X to doubt, etc. Although OHPI has been pretty good in the past, I can't imagine this being anywhere near the final margin outside of a Democratic tsunami. Kelly's favorables look good, though.

Imagine polling worse than Dr Oz even after puppy gate lol

We haven't gotten any post-puppy polls (PPP).
xavier110
United States
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2022, 10:20:42 AM »

Well, it will be a victory for the Dems if Victor hits even 2-3 percent since most of those would be anti-Kelly voters who dislike Masters.
kwabbit

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2022, 11:46:53 AM »

Haha did Victor get a huge debate bump? The huge number for him makes this poll not too useful but Kelly would be up big anyway.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2022, 12:08:55 PM »

What trash is this
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2022, 12:10:16 PM »

Suffice to say I don't buy the Libertarian at 15, but I'm definitely not mad about this poll.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2022, 12:23:55 PM »

Surprised no one ever hypothesizes a correlation between NV & AZ polling when there’s a strong case to be made in favor of it. I largely expect polling miss to favor the same party in NV and AZ (and undecideds to generally break the same way in both states, even if not in the same ratio), which makes it all the more remarkable that Laxalt has consistently managed to lead in NV polls even as AZ polls have consistently shown Kelly romping (with the caveat that Kelly's % is closer to Cortez Masto's here than in previous surveys and that margin is of course more deceptive than vote share).

The bottom line is that there’s little reason to expect NV Democrats to magically outperform their pre-election polling on a night when AZ Republicans significantly exceed theirs, which makes an already dire and grim situation for NV Democrats even direr and grimmer.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2022, 12:40:04 PM »

Surprised no one ever hypothesizes a correlation between NV & AZ polling when there’s a strong case to be made in favor of it. I largely expect polling miss to favor the same party in NV and AZ (and undecideds to generally break the same way in both states, even if not in the same ratio), which makes it all the more remarkable that Laxalt has consistently managed to lead in NV polls even as AZ polls have consistently shown Kelly romping (with the caveat that Kelly's % is closer to Cortez Masto's here than in previous surveys and that margin is of course more deceptive than vote share).

The bottom line is that there’s little reason to expect NV Democrats to magically outperform their pre-election polling on a night when AZ Republicans significantly exceed theirs, which makes an already dire and grim situation for NV Democrats even direr and grimmer.

AZ, GA, PA are GONE
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2022, 12:49:37 PM »

You really wrote a thesis for a poll that has a random Libertarian getting 15% of the vote?
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2022, 12:50:35 PM »

He has gripped the third rail of age-of-consent politics with both hands (consensually, of course). Marc Victor will be the next Senator from Arizona.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2022, 12:54:04 PM »

You really wrote a thesis for a poll that has a random Libertarian getting 15% of the vote?

No — this is not the first poll to show Kelly with a substantial or even double-digit lead.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2022, 12:56:59 PM »

If Democrats lose the senate, they have serious branding and organization issues that should force progressives into the long game.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2022, 12:59:02 PM »

If Democrats lose the senate, they have serious branding and organization issues that should force progressives into the long game.

That much has been clear for a while Defund the Police and Abolish Ice aren’t positions that can win much outside Brooklyn and Portland.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2022, 01:07:15 PM »

That much has been clear for a while Defund the Police and Abolish Ice aren’t positions that can win much outside Brooklyn and Portland.

I mean, if they stopped talking about those things and perhaps tried a new direction on Gun Violence/Gun Ownership, they can probably be competitive again provided they can find a new issue or double down on some old issue to produce excitement without making undecideds vote Republican by default.
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.35

P P
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2022, 01:15:35 PM »

Gary Johnson's highest national poll was 13%. Gary Johnson did not talk about changing the age of consent. And the mood on third-party voting has soured since 2016 except for occasional special cases like Rainwater. I don't believe this at all.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2022, 01:21:32 PM »

Gary Johnson's highest national poll was 13%. Gary Johnson did not talk about changing the age of consent. And the mood on third-party voting has soured since 2016 except for occasional special cases like Rainwater. I don't believe this at all.

I mean, people are full of sh**t right now in general with these sorts of things.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2022, 01:26:02 PM »

I don't think the actual result will look much like this, but Masters is a uniquely awful candidate in a race where it's very hard to make the Dem into a boogeyman, which is a recipe for a third-party overperformance.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2022, 01:28:22 PM »

Why even bother to release a poll that's obviously such a dumpster fire?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2022, 01:42:34 PM »

Why even bother to release a poll that's obviously such a dumpster fire?

Because it's the honest thing to do unless they found some methodology problem with it?  Polls are not exact (I like Pollster's term "stubbornly inexact") and they're going to vary, possibly wildly!  Withholding polls with odd-looking results would only feed the narrative that polls are better than they actually are.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2022, 02:10:35 PM »

This is just ridiculous.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies