MI-10: Glengariff/Detroit News - James +8
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:05:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2022 Senate & House Election Polls
  MI-10: Glengariff/Detroit News - James +8
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MI-10: Glengariff/Detroit News - James +8  (Read 484 times)
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 10, 2022, 07:56:22 PM »

John James (R) 44
Carl Marlinga (D) 36

Oct. 4-6, 400 LV

https://www.clickondetroit.com/decision-2022/2022/10/10/poll-james-leads-marlinga-in-key-macomb-county-congressional-race/
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2022, 07:58:05 PM »

A poll with 20% undecideds in October is basically useless, we already know James will get at least 44% and Marlinga will get at least 36%
TwinGeeks99
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2022, 08:05:38 PM »

This race has always had James in the driver's seat, but Marlinga has always had an outside chance of an upset. If only Andy Levin stayed in this seat instead of unsuccessfully trying to primary Stevens...
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2022, 08:09:49 PM »

hm, I mean you have Marlinga still not consolidating Dems here and leading among Indies by 7%, so this could get interesting in the end.
Unelectable Bystander
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2022, 08:10:19 PM »

This is a useless poll. The only thing this tells us is that James has high name ID and supposedly decent favorability while the democrat is extremely unknown. Maybe that makes a difference with the totally disengaged voter who shows up knowing nothing and picks somebody more known. Also lol that James is losing the black vote 88-0.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2022, 08:11:43 PM »

This is a useless poll. The only thing this tells us is that James has high name ID and supposedly decent favorability while the democrat is extremely unknown. Maybe that makes a difference with the totally disengaged voter who shows up knowing nothing and picks somebody more known. Also lol that James is losing the black vote 88-0.

That's not surprising to me. Black Republicans hardly do any better with the black vote than their white counterparts. But I am interested to see what happens with this race. If James loses, it will be fair to say that his political career is over. He's suffered two statewide losses in a row now for the Senate.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2022, 08:49:00 PM »

That's not surprising to me. Black Republicans hardly do any better with the black vote than their white counterparts. But I am interested to see what happens with this race. If James loses, it will be fair to say that his political career is over. He's suffered two statewide losses in a row now for the Senate.

https://www.amazon.com/Blackout-America-Second-Democrat-Plantation-ebook/dp/B07W7D4WN4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3S--iTQ90g

Owens and this youtube are right! When a Colonizer is running against a Black man and 88% of the Black vote is going to the Colonizer that's insane.

I'm going to see Mrs.Owens speak later this month. I have so much respect for Mrs.Owens as is Brother Farkanhan, though truth be told I have been beginning to see myself as a Black Hebrew Israelite of the Tribe of Levi.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2022, 08:56:18 PM »

It's extremely bad for a candidate to be "extremely unknown" in a competitive race one month from the election.

And once again pointing out that black Republicans aren't nominated to appeal to black voters, but to white suburbanites terrified of being called racists.
Unelectable Bystander
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2022, 10:55:41 PM »

It's extremely bad for a candidate to be "extremely unknown" in a competitive race one month from the election.

And once again pointing out that black Republicans aren't nominated to appeal to black voters, but to white suburbanites terrified of being called racists.

Agreed and that’s an advantage that James has for now, but sadly I think wbrock has a point in that the lead is inflated by a ton of democrats being undecided.

Also I get that. It’s funny not because one would expect James to over-perform, but that it’s ironic since you never see a poll republicans winning literally 0% of the black vote.
kwabbit

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2022, 11:00:40 PM »

Trump +1 district, maybe slightly more Dem down ballot. James is better funded and better known, so this result checks out with a neutralish environment and with those candidate and funding advantages. James might just use this seat to run for Senate again in 2024.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2022, 05:36:03 PM »

It looks like John James is finally going to win an election in Michigan. Congratulations to him, I guess.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies