Estimate how many Chinese-Bosnian Americans there are?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:36:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Estimate how many Chinese-Bosnian Americans there are?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Estimate how many Chinese-Bosnian Americans there are?  (Read 510 times)
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 06, 2022, 08:32:47 AM »

Whenever I tell people I am half Chinese half Bosnian, they think its super weird and yeah it is, but I was wondering how many other Chinese-Bosnians do you think there could be in the US? Chinese-Croats and Chinese-Serbs also count imo.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2022, 10:10:33 AM »

I thought they hated that term (ALWAYS 'Bosniaks', NEVER 'Bosnians'. lol.  Yes.  I've been there)

But I will tell you this:  Balkan people (Muslim, Xtian, whatever) are the biggest goddamn secret weebs and consumers of the anime/manga on the planet, so you should be good.   By Asian proxy.  

What I have been told is that Bosniak refers to Ethnic Bosnian-Muslims who are the majority of the country now. Not all Bosnians are Bosniaks because there are Bosnian Croats (my family is that) who are from the geographical unit of Bosnia but are ethnically Croat, and Bosnian Serbs. Maybe I am completly qrong and learned incorrectly lmao.
_.
Abdullah
United States
P P P
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2022, 10:21:00 PM »

Whenever I tell people I am half Chinese half Bosnian, they think its super weird and yeah it is, but I was wondering how many other Chinese-Bosnians do you think there could be in the US? Chinese-Croats and Chinese-Serbs also count imo.

The American Community Survey 2016 - 2020 microdata (which pulled data from approximately 30 million Americans over five years) found there to be:

7 Americans with Chinese and Bosnian or Herzegovinian ancestry
70 Americans with Chinese and Serbian ancestry
307 Americans with Chinese and Croatian ancestry

The margin of error is definitely extreme though and the only takeaway here is that it's an incredibly small number.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2022, 07:41:31 PM »

The American Community Survey 2016 - 2020 microdata (which pulled data from approximately 30 million Americans over five years) found there to be:

The margin of error is definitely extreme though and the only takeaway here is that it's an incredibly small number.
A bit of a sidenote here, but Atlas is the only place on the internet you would have a thread called "Estimate how many Chinese-Bosnian Americans there are?" and evenmore, someone pulling the exact data answering said question.
omar04

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2022, 04:27:40 PM »

The American Community Survey 2016 - 2020 (which pulled data from approximately 30 million Americans over five years) found there to be:

Wouldn't it be 75 for the second? Or is the 5 in the Croatian row something else?  https://data.census.gov/mdat/#/search?ds=ACSPUMS5Y2020&cv=ANC&rv=ANC1P(109,706)&nv=ANC2P(109,706)
_.
Abdullah
United States
P P P
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2022, 04:47:49 PM »

The American Community Survey 2016 - 2020 (which pulled data from approximately 30 million Americans over five years) found there to be:

Wouldn't it be 75 for the second? Or is the 5 in the Croatian row something else?  https://data.census.gov/mdat/#/search?ds=ACSPUMS5Y2020&cv=ANC&rv=ANC1P(109,706)&nv=ANC2P(109,706)

I think it's because you forgot to weight yours

An estimated 51 people mark ANC1P Chinese and ANC2P Serbian
While 19 others mark ANC1P Serbian and ANC2P Chinese

Link to my dataset: https://data.census.gov/mdat/#/search?ds=ACSPUMS5Y2020&cv=ANC2P&rv=ANC1P&wt=PWGTP

We're splitting hairs at this point though, and statistically insignificant ones.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies