Danish General Election: 1 November 2022
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:47:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Danish General Election: 1 November 2022
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9
Author Topic: Danish General Election: 1 November 2022  (Read 13461 times)
mileslunn
Junior Chimp
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: November 01, 2022, 06:18:11 PM »

Still one seat difference at 99%.  My understanding is comes down to a few thousands votes?  Does this mean a recount or what are rules there for Denmark?
rosin
Rookie
Denmark

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #151 on: November 01, 2022, 06:31:51 PM »

Still one seat difference at 99%.  My understanding is comes down to a few thousands votes?  Does this mean a recount or what are rules there for Denmark?

There will as standard be a recount tomorrow - normally it has no implications for the overall results, but this is a very special situation.
rosin
Rookie
Denmark

« Reply #152 on: November 01, 2022, 06:49:50 PM »
« Edited: November 01, 2022, 06:59:06 PM by rosin »

Finished - red bloc has reached 87 seats in DR's model - for now...

EDIT: Something is wrong in DR's model - the seat numbers add up to 176 (87+16+73). It seems that they just have forgotten subtracting a seat from Venstre, so the models line up.
mileslunn
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #153 on: November 01, 2022, 06:53:39 PM »

So looks like Red Bloc will get a majority after all albeit barely.  Only caveat is still need to see Greenland results but history suggests both should be for Red Bloc.  Other is recount possibly changing things, but unlikely.  Still close enough that it is possible on some bills Frederiksen may rely on cross party instead of left wing parties and nothing stopping a centrist coalition either and I would think if smart, Social Democrats should leave that option open as gives them more bargaining power with parties further left.
mileslunn
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #154 on: November 01, 2022, 07:00:41 PM »

Greenland so far has S in large lead, but IA only narrow 2nd place so possible it denies Red Bloc majority but unlikely.
kaoras
Chile

« Reply #155 on: November 01, 2022, 07:03:45 PM »

Greenland so far has S in large lead, but IA only narrow 2nd place so possible it denies Red Bloc majority but unlikely.

It doesn't matter because S doubles the next list so they would get both seats.

In any case there's very little % in.
YL
YorkshireLiberal
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #156 on: November 01, 2022, 07:36:58 PM »

Finished - red bloc has reached 87 seats in DR's model - for now...

EDIT: Something is wrong in DR's model - the seat numbers add up to 176 (87+16+73). It seems that they just have forgotten subtracting a seat from Venstre, so the models line up.

They now have the Danish People’s Party on 4, so they’ve taken it off them instead.  So the results shown are still different: TV 2 gives Venstre 23 and DF 5, DR Venstre 24 and DF 4.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #157 on: November 01, 2022, 08:16:46 PM »

Seems like the Red Bloc won, but nice to see a giant surge for the classical liberal party campaigning on TikTok.
Logical

« Reply #158 on: November 01, 2022, 09:32:22 PM »

Near final results for Greenland.

1 seat each for Siumut and Inuit Ataqatigiit, both part of the Red Bloc.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
« Reply #159 on: November 01, 2022, 10:27:09 PM »

with a red bloc government relying on Greenland, I have to expect there's demands for more autonomy. Both S and IA are at least pro-autonomy if not pro-independence.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #160 on: November 01, 2022, 10:49:52 PM »

So does Frederiksen stay on as PM? She's probably my favorite European leader.
Babeuf

« Reply #161 on: November 01, 2022, 11:04:00 PM »

Don't know if Frederiksen will want to go with a pure Red bloc arrangement with only a one-seat majority. If she enters into negotiations with Lokke I imagine she'll have leverage with that option as a backup though (unless the Social Liberals ruin her negotiating position by ruling out a pure Red government I guess).
Diouf
Denmark
« Reply #162 on: November 01, 2022, 11:55:00 PM »
« Edited: November 02, 2022, 12:16:43 AM by Diouf »

Social Democrats ended in the scenario, which I have mentioned several times. They got 50 constituency seats, while only deserving 49 seats nationally. I haven't seen this possibility mentioned anywhere in the media, and it seems like DRs model didn't include this possibility, since they were always lower on seats for the Social Democratic.

I haven't made the calculations myself yet, but it seems like this extra seat for the Social Democrats, would otherwise have gone to the Liberals.
Diouf
Denmark
« Reply #163 on: November 02, 2022, 12:39:17 AM »

DR already published a mea culpa for not bothering to model the electoral system properly, and thereby underestimating the Social Democrat seat tally. Their prognosis in general didn't do very well either, as it overestimated the Blue parties by a good amount.

Too bad for TV2 that they didn't keep their cool with their prognosis. It certainly looked like someone manually decided to converge towards DRs model instead of trusting their model. They changed it from 87 Red to 84 Red at once, which was of course in hindsight the wrong decision.

https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/politik/folketingsvalg/historisk-situation-gav-s-faa-mandater-i-prognose
YL
YorkshireLiberal
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #164 on: November 02, 2022, 02:09:49 AM »

Yes, largest remainder method on 175 seats gives SD 49, Venstre 24, Mod 16, SF 15, Den Dem 14, Lib All 14, Con 10, Enheds 9, Radikale 7, NB 6, Alt 6, DF 5, which is the same as the actual result except SD get one fewer and Venstre one more.  But if SD are assigned 50 and you run the largest remainder method on 125 seats Venstre only get 23, with the other parties unchanged, so they were indeed the ones who lost out.

Has this happened before?

YL
YorkshireLiberal
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #165 on: November 02, 2022, 02:20:46 AM »

BTW if I use d'Hondt I get the Social Democrats deserving 50 (so no overhang) but Venstre and the Moderates each gaining one on the actual result, with Radikale and DF losing one each.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #166 on: November 02, 2022, 02:52:17 AM »

So, wait - actually trying to form a pure red block government will require the pro-independence Greenland party for a one seat majority? Is that even remotely viable? Would have to assume there will be a lot of pressure for some type of Red-LLR agreement.
JimJamUK
United Kingdom

« Reply #167 on: November 02, 2022, 02:52:39 AM »

Has anyone calculated the party mandate allocation by constituency yet?
Logical

« Reply #168 on: November 02, 2022, 03:36:09 AM »

Has anyone calculated the party mandate allocation by constituency yet?
Scroll down the Jyllands Posten page until you see a map by regions.
https://jyllands-posten.dk/politik/ECE14523670/her-er-resultaterne-fra-folketingsvalget-1-november-2022/
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #169 on: November 02, 2022, 03:55:38 AM »

Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #170 on: November 02, 2022, 04:32:07 AM »

The People of Denmark have spoken: death to the Mink.
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #171 on: November 02, 2022, 04:52:20 AM »

No, she won't... Cry
She announced her retirement from office in order to enable the formation of a government that will enjoy broad support, thereby overcoming the left-right division of society.
rosin
Rookie
Denmark

« Reply #172 on: November 02, 2022, 05:14:43 AM »

No, she won't... Cry
She announced her retirement from office in order to enable the formation of a government that will enjoy broad support, thereby overcoming the left-right division of society.

Well, she'll most likely (I'll give her 80-90%) be the next PM, but not with the current one-party government.
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #173 on: November 02, 2022, 05:34:08 AM »

No, she won't... Cry

Well, she'll most likely (I'll give her 80-90%) be the next PM, but not with the current one-party government.

What? Huh According to German media, she intends to leave office. I've checked several sources.
rosin
Rookie
Denmark

« Reply #174 on: November 02, 2022, 06:19:53 AM »

No, she won't... Cry

What? Huh According to German media, she intends to leave office. I've checked several sources.

Depends on what you mean with 'leave office'. She'll step back from the current government to have another made - most likely still with her as PM. But of course we can't know exactly what's going to happen. The only slightly possible alternative - given the seat distribution of the election - would be a coalition across the center headed by Løkke, but I can't see why Frederiksen would accept that.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies