Harris County Judge (CWS Research): Mealer +4
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 06:31:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Harris County Judge (CWS Research): Mealer +4
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Harris County Judge (CWS Research): Mealer +4  (Read 726 times)
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -1.57

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 04, 2022, 01:03:25 PM »

Been seeing a ton of Mealer signs across suburban Houston, so this doesn't surprise me.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2022, 02:10:02 PM »

This is precisely why Democrats shouldn't get too high on Texas.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2022, 02:13:14 PM »

Meh, I hope Hidalgo pulls this off again. I think she's a promising future for the Democrats in Texas.
Unelectable Bystander
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2022, 05:43:53 PM »

This isn’t just this race, but they have governor and GCB within the margin of error. If that’s anywhere close to reality then Texas is not only holding this year but unlikely to flip in the foreseeable future outside of waves.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2022, 06:54:11 PM »

This isn’t just this race, but they have governor and GCB within the margin of error. If that’s anywhere close to reality then Texas is not only holding this year but unlikely to flip in the foreseeable future outside of waves.

Yeah, if Harris snaps back to Obama era, that's all she wrote.  Well, other than a couple of Austin suburbs US House seats anyway. 
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2022, 07:43:29 PM »

Meh, I hope Hidalgo pulls this off again. I think she's a promising future for the Democrats in Texas.

Hidalgo has had a number of ethical controversies and was probably overly harsh with her coronavirus response. This is why the race is competitive and why she could very well lose. But even if Mealer wins, I suspect O'Rourke and the other statewide Democrats will all still carry Harris County.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2022, 07:56:59 PM »

This poll has O'Rourke up 2 in Harris County, which I just.....don't believe at all. Hidalgo could lose due to her own ethical issues, but she's not going to lose because O'Rourke only won Harris County by 2.
Boobs
HCP
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2022, 12:23:44 AM »

a 63% White sample for a county that is 27% White. Even accounting for turnout differences and eligibility status, that is wild. Hidalgo can definitely lose but this is a poll conducted for a Republican PAC, so bear in mind their goals in publicizing this poll.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2022, 12:25:16 AM »

a 63% White sample for a county that is 27% White. Even accounting for turnout differences and eligibility status, that is wild. Hidalgo can definitely lose but this is a poll conducted for a Republican PAC, so bear in mind their goals in publicizing this poll.
This.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2022, 11:55:15 AM »

I've spent longer in the US than Hidalgo
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2022, 12:15:53 PM »

This.

Hmmm... is it using white Hispanic = white or something?  If not, I agree that is a ridiculous sample.
Boobs
HCP
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2022, 03:28:02 PM »

This.

Hmmm... is it using white Hispanic = white or something?  If not, I agree that is a ridiculous sample.

It’s a very new polling company - less than a year old! It’s not surprising they don’t have the best methodology. Hispanics were a separate choice from whites in this poll, and were only 13% of the sample. It doesn’t seem like they asked a two-part race and ethnicity like the Census does, so I guess you can draw your own conclusion.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies