GA-GOV (Fox News): Kemp +7
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:22:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2022 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  GA-GOV (Fox News): Kemp +7
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GA-GOV (Fox News): Kemp +7  (Read 1007 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 28, 2022, 06:14:35 PM »

RV
Kemp (R) 50%
Abrams (D) 43%

"Certain to Vote"
Kemp (R) 51%
Abrams (D) 44%

https://www.foxnews.com/official-polls/fox-news-poll-georgia-races-see-split-decision-warnock-kemp-ahead
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2022, 06:20:34 PM »

Plausible. Lean or Likely R.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2022, 08:27:17 PM »

Abrams just never really caught on this cycle...what a shame.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2022, 08:37:01 PM »

Moving this from Tossup to Lean R.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2022, 08:42:04 PM »

I wonder why she hasn't caught on...
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2022, 08:44:05 PM »

This, and her refusal to cleanly concede to Kemp in 2018, are probably two of the most important factors as to why she's failing this year. Another would be her massive ego, as she clearly views Georgia as merely a stepping stone for higher office - namely, the Presidency. Seeing her lose again will be satisfying.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2022, 09:35:36 PM »

[img]

Probably the most devastating political photo since Dukakis in the tank (or at least since Miliband eating a sandwich). Her career as anything more than an NGO spokesperson is over.
Roll Roons
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2022, 09:49:48 PM »

[img]

Probably the most devastating political photo since Dukakis in the tank (or at least since Miliband eating a sandwich). Her career as anything more than an NGO spokesperson is over.

In a very similar vein, I think Eric Garcetti's maskless photo (and his absolutely idiotic excuse that he was "holding his breath") has tanked whatever chance he had at getting confirmed as Ambassador to India.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2022, 10:10:40 PM »

Y’all are terminally online and need to touch grass if you think her potential loss is because of this picture. LOL.

Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2022, 10:11:16 PM »

This, and her refusal to cleanly concede to Kemp in 2018, are probably two of the most important factors as to why she's failing this year. Another would be her massive ego, as she clearly views Georgia as merely a stepping stone for higher office - namely, the Presidency. Seeing her lose again will be satisfying.

The photo was bad but I don't it hurt nearly as bad as her failing to concede in 2018 or her pushing so hard for Biden's VP slot. Her failure to concede has supplied every Trump apologist with a valid "what about" comeback (the two are not on the same level but still) . The VP push was a bad look considering the highest office she has ever held is a state legislator.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2022, 10:14:28 PM »

The photo was bad but I don't it hurt nearly as bad as her failing to concede in 2018 or her pushing so hard for Biden's VP slot. Her failure to concede has supplied every Trump apologist with a valid "what about" comeback (the two are not on the same level but still) . The VP push was a bad look considering the highest office she has ever held is a state legislator.

All of this is certainly true. Like I've said, Abrams is very ambitious and over the last four years, has behaved as if she were the incumbent Governor of Georgia. When she loses, I wouldn't be surprised to see her star rapidly diminish. A similar fate awaits Beto O'Rourke once he loses to Abbott in November.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2022, 10:17:58 PM »

This is a runoff state anyways and this is a Fox poll
Unelectable Bystander
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2022, 11:06:35 PM »

All of this is certainly true. Like I've said, Abrams is very ambitious and over the last four years, has behaved as if she were the incumbent Governor of Georgia. When she loses, I wouldn't be surprised to see her star rapidly diminish. A similar fate awaits Beto O'Rourke once he loses to Abbott in November.

Additionally she tried to run with the story about the music festival being cancelled (which, good idea or bad idea, was cancelled by liberals and not actually Kemp’s idea) after actively cheering the MLB to move the all-star game out of Georgia. Not a difference maker in itself but just another example for voters to remember she is an opportunist and gaslighter.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2022, 12:33:07 AM »

What makes her ego even more clear is that she is certainly a very smart person, as seen by her books and the flipping Georgia organization.
Ron DeSantis enthusiast
FranciscoM97

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2022, 01:34:10 AM »

She also said Georgia is the "worst state to live", I know is out of context, but you know people is going to take advantage of it.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2022, 03:21:39 AM »

She also said Georgia is the "worst state to live", I know is out of context, but you know people is going to take advantage of it.

Trump never wears a  mask and lost to Biden because he caught COVID and missed a debate
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2022, 06:43:06 AM »

The quote has been used in an anti-Abrams TV ad that I've seen a few times.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2022, 07:45:17 AM »

What makes her ego even more clear is that she is certainly a very smart person, as seen by her books and the flipping Georgia organization.

She certainly is intelligent, and I have no doubt that she is qualified to be Governor. But her own ambitions are getting in her way, and Kemp is the incumbent.
DPKdebator
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.81, S: 3.65

P P P

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2022, 09:20:40 AM »

Y’all are terminally online and need to touch grass if you think her potential loss is because of this picture. LOL.

Mask mandates for thee, freedom for me.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2022, 10:41:38 AM »

Cope & seethe.

The point is that she is high off her own supply, and has an exaggerated sense of self-importance leading to unbridled ambition. Why would any swing voter vote for her as Governor when she is just going to try and run for President or VP in a year?
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2022, 10:45:33 AM »

As I said, Abrams should have decided to sit this one out after Nov. 7, 2020.

She could have attemped a comeback in 2026, but that's off the table after losing this year.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2022, 10:47:13 AM »

You've been Abrams' staunchest defender on this forum for years now, ever since she ran in 2018. It's not merely this picture that leads many to believe that she is going to lose. The picture simply reinforces a narrative about Abrams which Republicans have been deploying and have taken advantage of - that she doesn't truly care about Georgia. She's made a series of missteps this year that have hampered her campaign.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2022, 10:47:51 AM »

As I said, Abrams should have decided to sit this one out after Nov. 7, 2020.

She could have attemped a comeback in 2026, but that's off the table after losing this year.

Actually, Abrams should have run for Senate in 2020. She would have cleared the field, and probably would have won.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies