In what state was Biden's best precinct amongst the white vote the lowest?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:10:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  In what state was Biden's best precinct amongst the white vote the lowest?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: In what state was Biden's best precinct amongst the white vote the lowest?  (Read 339 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 27, 2022, 09:53:34 PM »

Is it South Dakota? I honestly think Biden may have failed to break 60% amongst the white vote in any precinct there. Of course the same may also be true with Mississippi which is also a possibility.

All other states have obvious precincts where Biden broke 60% amongst the white vote.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2022, 10:19:32 PM »

Where is like this in North Dakota? Only precincts that seem vaguely plausible are in Fargo and Grand Forks and all seem likely to fall short.
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2022, 10:50:45 PM »

I thought Biden probably did not break 50% of the white vote in any precinct in Mississippi, but then I found Hinds 17 where Biden clearly got nearly 70% of the white vote. He may not have broken 50% anywhere else (perhaps Hinds 8). I'm not sure what makes Hinds 17 so unique even within Hinds County.

In South Dakota, Biden clearly got over 60% of the white vote in at least Minnehaha 5-8 and possibly 5-4 as well, but, more significantly, he easily broke 60% and likely broke 70% of the white vote or at least came very close in Clay Vermillion Central-1 and 2. Vermillion Central-2 is the University of South Dakota precinct while Vermillion Central-1 is a residential area just east of the city center.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2022, 10:57:06 PM »

I thought Biden probably did not break 50% of the white vote in any precinct in Mississippi, but then I found Hinds 17 where Biden clearly got nearly 70% of the white vote. He may not have broken 50% anywhere else (perhaps Hinds 8). I'm not sure what makes Hinds 17 so unique even within Hinds County.

In South Dakota, Biden clearly got over 60% of the white vote in at least Minnehaha 5-8 and possibly 5-4 as well, but, more significantly, he easily broke 60% and likely broke 70% of the white vote or at least came very close in Clay Vermillion Central-1 and 2. Vermillion Central-2 is the University of South Dakota precinct while Vermillion Central-1 is a residential area just east of the city center.

I'm not super familiar with Jackson's trends, but is it possible that the racial demographics changed dramatically from the time of the precinct racial data (maybe the 2010 census) to the 2020 election?  That would explain what seems to be a major outlier.
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2022, 10:59:35 PM »
« Edited: September 27, 2022, 11:02:46 PM by Tintrlvr »

Where is like this in North Dakota? Only precincts that seem vaguely plausible are in Fargo and Grand Forks and all seem likely to fall short.

The most likely here for Biden being over 60% of the white vote is Grand Forks 18-06 (a small precinct in a residential area SE of the city center, along the Red River). I think Biden probably did get 60% of the white vote there given it's 86% white VAP and the demographics of the non-white VAP (mostly Hispanic and Native) means turnout was probably terrible (and Biden won it 63-32). But I agree it's close.

The University of North Dakota precinct is not nearly as Democratic as the University of South Dakota precinct and isn't a contender here.
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2022, 11:08:08 PM »

I'm not super familiar with Jackson's trends, but is it possible that the racial demographics changed dramatically from the time of the precinct racial data (maybe the 2010 census) to the 2020 election?  That would explain what seems to be a major outlier.

The racial figures are from 2020. Still, I suppose it's possible that they don't align with reality on the ground for whatever reason. Hinds 17 is 88% white VAP but is directly adjacent to racially mixed areas to the west and north (although there seems to be some separation by a railroad and commercial areas). On Google Maps the area of Hinds 17 looks very upscale, though, so I wouldn't guess it would be an area of heavy white flight, and I don't think Jackson is really experiencing demographic turnover much in its central neighborhoods these days.

I did notice that the only church in the precinct is Episcopalian (highly unusual for Mississippi), so maybe this is just where the liberal elite are hiding out.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2022, 06:02:44 AM »

Biden won a precinct in Fargo by almost 30 points.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2022, 07:05:33 AM »

Hinds 1 may also be a contender in MS.

Biden won a precinct in Fargo by almost 30 points.

Yeah, but it's fairly diverse by ND standards and Biden probably got only high 50s there. 60s is definitely possible but I'm not sure (and not good at math).
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies