OH-SEN 2024: Brown (D) vs Moreno (R)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 13, 2024, 10:49:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  OH-SEN 2024: Brown (D) vs Moreno (R)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 24
Author Topic: OH-SEN 2024: Brown (D) vs Moreno (R)  (Read 31249 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2022, 01:23:42 PM »

Majewski is probably the only Republican who can blow this race.

(Can't wait to see this statement age like fine wine)

Are you aware of split voting, Brown can win when if DeSantis or Trump won this state why because they won't win by 20 like DeWine did, they will win OJ by 3 Brown won in 2018 when SeWine won by 3 not 8

I hear so many different perspectives on this race between Safe R to Ds winning this race by a landslide obviously, it's gonna be close and so is Casey v McCormick gonna be close we all thought Barnes was gonna auto flip WI and he LOST

Obviously, inflation isn't gonna be 7% by 24 it's gonna be lower
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2022, 01:49:55 PM »

He's still a state senator, but he still came in third to two 'resentment' candidates.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2022, 02:00:40 PM »

Honestly, if he was nominated Dolan would probably push this close to Safe R.
Gracile
gracile
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2022, 03:03:56 PM »

Brown reiterated his intent to run today:

Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2022, 03:05:36 PM »

Brown is a good man, but he will probably lose Ohio and be the last Democrat to represent Ohio statewide for a while.

Ed Schultz must be rolling in his grave.

If Tim Ryan couldn't do it, Brown will run out of luck in 2024.

Sad.
JM1295
Rookie
United States
« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2022, 03:09:29 PM »

Sherrod Brown is one of my favorite Senators, but unless 2024 is a very strong year for Democrats, I don't see him surviving. He's only been up in blue wave years and even his margin in 2018 wasn't great, given how the GOP essentially triaged the race. He also doesn't exactly have a history of massively outrunning the top of the ticket like Tester (IIRC Brown only outran Obama by 3 points in 2012). He'd have to outrun Biden by over 10 points in 2024. Hope I'm wrong and so much can change, but Tim Ryan still losing by 6 points in a surprisingly good year for Democrats doesn't give me a lot of hope. On the plus side, he'll be a great asset to downballot candidates though.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2022, 03:32:52 PM »

I expect Brown to win statewide. I'd rate this as Lean D. He ran 7 points ahead of Cordray in 2018 and 8 points ahead of Biden in 2020. He'll have a closer election but I expect republicans will loose, even if they nominate a competent candidate.
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2022, 04:43:35 PM »

Good for Democrats regardless of whether he wins or not.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2022, 05:34:23 PM »

I expect Brown to win statewide. I'd rate this as Lean D. He ran 7 points ahead of Cordray in 2018 and 8 points ahead of Biden in 2020. He'll have a closer election but I expect republicans will loose, even if they nominate a competent candidate.

Brown (and this entire class of Democratic Senators) have been EXTREMELY lucky with how the national environment benefited them: 2006, 2012, and 2018 were all Democratic-favorable years.
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2022, 05:40:38 PM »

I love Sherrod and I'm glad he's running, hes gonna be in for a tough fight though winning on the same ballot as whoever the D's put up for president won't be easy especially if Republicans nominate someone semi-Sane. He and Tester are definitely the most vulnerable D incumbents for 24.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2022, 07:10:30 PM »

I love Sherrod and I'm glad he's running, hes gonna be in for a tough fight though winning on the same ballot as whoever the D's put up for president won't be easy especially if Republicans nominate someone semi-Sane. He and Tester are definitely the most vulnerable D incumbents for 24.

He's not that Vulnerable because DeWine isn't on the ballot and Trump and DeSantis aren't winning OH by 20 pts more like 3 and they won't even match 2016/20 it's gonna be within 3/5 pts in 24

If Brown manages to win all the users are gonna say Ryan was lame but DeWine won by oy 3 in 2018 when Brown won by 6  and likewise Trump or DeSantis are likely to win by 3 in 24 they are still favored but not by 9 pts

Dani Rose
danixander92
United States

« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2022, 07:13:15 PM »

Brown (and this entire class of Democratic Senators) have been EXTREMELY lucky with how the national environment benefited them: 2006, 2012, and 2018 were all Democratic-favorable years.

My one prediction, at this point, is that 2024 will be a blue wave, so I fervently believe that Brown's luck will continue.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #62 on: November 16, 2022, 01:22:39 PM »

Good News for Republicans already: Josh Mandel is out and done with Politics altogether.

Likely GOP Candidates: Matt Dolan, Attorney General Yost and Secretary of State Frank LaRose.

Certainly against Yost or LaRose Brown would be the Underdog.

Brown is too liberal for the State of Ohio and his luck thus far is that he ran against two incredibly weak Candidates in 2012 (Josh Mandel) and 2018 (Jim Renacci).
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #63 on: November 16, 2022, 02:17:35 PM »

Brown is a good man, but he will probably lose Ohio and be the last Democrat to represent Ohio statewide for a while.

Sad.

Brown is not a good man.
He votes with Biden 98%.
A good man would not vote with Biden more than 70%.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #64 on: November 16, 2022, 02:49:49 PM »

Sad.

Brown is a good man.
He votes with Biden 98%.
A good man would not vote with Biden less than 70%.

FTFY
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2022, 03:38:16 PM »

Sad.

Brown is not a good man.
He votes with Biden 98%.

Tbh, I think optics matter a lot more than how much % of the time someone votes with someone to voters. A lot of votes are procedural and stuff which can inflate someone's % accordingly.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #66 on: November 16, 2022, 03:39:45 PM »

Sad.

2024 will very likely be a better year for Dems than 2022.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #67 on: November 16, 2022, 03:47:37 PM »

Sad.

2024 will very likely be a better year for Dems than 2022.

OH if Brown, Tester or Manchin win will split it's votes and DeWine whom won 60/4o won't be on the ballot, Rs will win it by 3 OH in a Prez yr, just like DeWine won by 3 and Brown won in 2018, but Brown and Ryan were friends and would have had offices and desk next to each other in the SEN

Don't underestimate Don Jr he campaign non stop for Vance Ryan didn't have a surrogacy, Rs are gonna campaign against Brown in 24 but Brown is Incumbents
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #68 on: November 16, 2022, 04:32:18 PM »

Sad.

Brown is not a good man.
He votes with Biden 98%.

Tbh, I think optics matter a lot more than how much % of the time someone votes with someone to voters. A lot of votes are procedural and stuff which can inflate someone's % accordingly.

Brown has never pretended to be moderate and has long been one of the most progressive senators, he’s very lucky he never had to run in 2010 or 2014 (or for that matter 2016 or 2020).
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #69 on: November 16, 2022, 06:23:48 PM »

Sad.

Brown is not a good man.
He votes with Biden 98%.

Brown has never pretended to be moderate and has long been one of the most progressive senators, he’s very lucky he never had to run in 2010 or 2014 (or for that matter 2016 or 2020).

That's fair, but he's one of the few who's been able to be a progressive without being toxic.

I think partisanship and the general decline of Northeast Ohio knocks him off but he will prolly outperform Biden
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #70 on: November 17, 2022, 03:19:46 AM »

It's probably second only to Democratic Senators who were up in 1958 (largest gain ever), 1964 (LBJ landslide) and 1970 (Nixon midterm).
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #71 on: November 17, 2022, 03:22:39 AM »

It's probably second only to Democratic Senators who were up in 1958 (largest gain ever), 1964 (LBJ landslide) and 1970 (Nixon midterm).

Btw that class probably had the best luck ever cause the next election after that was the Carter election then was Reagan’s first midterm .

So really the first non democratic environment they faced was 1988 and even then 1988 was basically the definition of a status quo election so it wasn’t really unfavorable either. So btw 1994 was really the first unfavorable environment that class would have faced an in fact since 1958 , it may be the only election unfavorable for that class since 2006,12,18 were from that same exact class.

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #72 on: November 17, 2022, 04:41:06 AM »
« Edited: November 17, 2022, 04:59:14 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Btw that class probably had the best luck ever cause the next election after that was the Carter election then was Reagan’s first midterm .

So really the first non democratic environment they faced was 1988 and even then 1988 was basically the definition of a status quo election so it wasn’t really unfavorable either. So btw 1994 was really the first unfavorable environment that class would have faced an in fact since 1958 , it may be the only election unfavorable for that class since 2006,12,18 were from that same exact class.

Conservative are confused here do you know whom is gonna pay their students loans back when they get reinstated due to Crts blocking Biden Student Loan Forgiveness, Rich people poor people aren't gonna pay one nickel of it it back , we are in IDR which means if you are low income you don't have to pay but 0/5% back, I haven't paid one nickel of it back since I have been out of school but rich people must pay they aren't los income, it doesn't matter about 20K forgotten to me, but if you make 80K you are likely to have a mountain of debt because you probably took out 200K student loans

The Rs are gonna put the Border wall back that Obama and Biden built 128 miles and Trump finished 400 miles and the WVA pipeline but making tax cuts permanent I'd not gonna hold because SSA is going insolvent I'd we don't raise taxes it's gonna go bankrupt in 2035, on 221 RH they don't have the votes to impeach based on Kean Jr and Fitzpatrick votes, so even if the investigate Hunter it won't end impeachment there has been no smoking gun uncovered

Brown is gonna win in 24, Ryan lost because DeWine won by 60/40 Ryan lost by Bullock margins and Rs if they win OH is gonna win by 3/5 not 60/40

But this idea that Andy Verejaou says Brown is some immortal over Ryan isn't correct PA is gonna be very tight 51/46, if Brown, Tester or Manchin win they are gonna win by Johnson margins since they are Incumbents not challengers
BloJo94
Rookie
United States

« Reply #73 on: November 19, 2022, 04:35:22 PM »

Could Brown win Delaware county?
Spectator
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #74 on: November 19, 2022, 04:36:46 PM »

He almost definitely needs to if he wants any prayer of winning.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 24  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies