Early Voting thread.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 04:48:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Early Voting thread.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 ... 47
Author Topic: Early Voting thread.  (Read 47046 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #925 on: November 03, 2022, 10:56:18 PM »

Georgia

Day 18 AIP (+ABM) Voting: 168,894 voters cast ballots Thursday, for a grand total of 2,261,178 votes.

Continued positive indicators for Democrats: today's black share up from yesterday's by more than a point, while white vote share was down by almost two points. The overall EV electorate only became 0.02 points whiter than it was as of yesterday (57.87% to 57.89%).

Breakdown of Thursday's voters:

Code:
96687 	White	57.25%
46113 Black 27.30%
3869         Asian 2.29%
4293     Latino 2.54%
17932 Other 10.62%

96751 Female 57.29%
71520 Male        42.35%
623          Other         0.36%

Total votes thus far:

Code:
1307398	White	57.89%
657443 Black 29.08%
41468 Asian 1.83%
40404       Latino 1.79%
214465 Other 9.41%

1252198 Female 55.38%
1003688 Male        44.39%
5292        Other 0.23%
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #926 on: November 03, 2022, 11:00:22 PM »

Forumluker69 took perhaps one of the biggest L's I've seen in my long, storied Atlas career... and now he's just doing the exact same thing again? In the same thread?! Like 24 hours later??!?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #927 on: November 03, 2022, 11:12:14 PM »

Don't worry guys, there definitely will be 20,000 votes by mail that magically appear in Clark County...yes totally

I mean that literally happened like two days ago, so I don't know why you're being so dismissive of this possibility.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #928 on: November 03, 2022, 11:13:41 PM »

Forumluker69 took perhaps one of the biggest L's I've seen in my long, storied Atlas career... and now he's just doing the exact same thing again? In the same thread?! Like 24 hours later??!?
I will have the last laugh in a few days and that will more than make up for whatever small hits I take now.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #929 on: November 03, 2022, 11:54:44 PM »

I will have the last laugh in a few days and that will more than make up for whatever small hits I take now.
I mean I don't think anyone doubts that the GOP could sweep Nevada. But it's unlikely that that's because registered Democrats stopped voting yesterday for some reason.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #930 on: November 04, 2022, 01:08:37 AM »
« Edited: November 04, 2022, 01:17:34 AM by guys the votes are in the mail »

Percentage of valid Georgia ABMs returned by county, as of 11/3. The statewide figure is 74.75% (204,549 out of 273,630).

Just a slight uptick compared to this result and the map wouldn't look anywhere nearly as lopsided: Gwinnett and Cobb are at 64.4% and 64.9%, & Douglas, Dekalb and Chatham are all between 69.7-69.9%.

<65% Counties: Biden +27
>65% Counties: Biden +42
>70% Counties: Tied
>75% Counties: Trump +23
>80% Counties: Trump +43
>85% Counties: Trump +47

It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #931 on: November 04, 2022, 01:12:31 AM »

Ralston updated, the firewall grew but only by 1,500 today including all the mail ins. There were 12k mail ins in total but only a 4K D margin that in person cut.

Im about ready to call Gov race for Lambado, if patterns continue Laxalt as well.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #932 on: November 04, 2022, 03:06:27 AM »

Here are the PA early voting for those that already voted everyone are Dooming on Ds chances it's not Dooming

https://twitter.com/Politics_Polls/status/1588392767805587457?s=20&t=Mph43ZPpKfiB7xXjSdee6Q
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #933 on: November 04, 2022, 04:40:14 AM »

I can't help but think of Forumlurker's YouTube comment method prediction from a while back: D enthusiasm in the east, R enthusiasm in the west.

GAS PRICES. I just realized it's probably gas prices causing this.
bilaps
« Reply #934 on: November 04, 2022, 05:22:29 AM »

Really strange mixed picture we're getting. Nevada really not looking good for Dems at all by this point and looking worse every day, but Pennsylvania and Michigan are the complete opposite. Even Ohio is looking strong, though it's still probably not enough to win. Mail ballots up to this point in all three states are far more D than both 2018 and 2020, and a little more D in Wisconsin as well.

I can't help but think of Forumlurker's YouTube comment method prediction from a while back: D enthusiasm in the east, R enthusiasm in the west.

As a peculiar side note, apparently Iowa votes so far are like D+21? I can't help but think there must be some kind of error, because that just seems impossible to me. For comparison it was D+5 at the same point in 2018 and at D+9 at the same point in 2020.

It's not a mixed bag. Only in Nevada you could make conclusions on early vote, right?
Umengus
Belgium

« Reply #935 on: November 04, 2022, 05:54:31 AM »

Really strange mixed picture we're getting. Nevada really not looking good for Dems at all by this point and looking worse every day, but Pennsylvania and Michigan are the complete opposite. Even Ohio is looking strong, though it's still probably not enough to win. Mail ballots up to this point in all three states are far more D than both 2018 and 2020, and a little more D in Wisconsin as well.

As a peculiar side note, apparently Iowa votes so far are like D+21? I can't help but think there must be some kind of error, because that just seems impossible to me. For comparison it was D+5 at the same point in 2018 and at D+9 at the same point in 2020.

It's not a mixed bag. Only in Nevada you could make conclusions on early vote, right?

And Florida.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #936 on: November 04, 2022, 08:31:42 AM »

Ralston keeps using the arbitrary day of today as the definitive "end of early vote" which continues to baffle me. Yes, that may have been the case in 2018, but we are still getting mail updates (and no more in person updates) after tonight.

Dems gained 4K in mail in the last update, Reps gained 2.5K in in-person. Say that happens again tonight, Clark firewall will jump another 1.5K. That's it for in person though.

Then we have Sat night, Sun night, and Mon night mail updates that could net Dems at least another 10-15K for their firewall. (plus anything that arrives after that)

I get that he's used to the end of "in person early voting" being the "end of the early vote" in general, but it's not this year, so I don't get why he's using that as a marker.
bilaps
« Reply #937 on: November 04, 2022, 09:01:00 AM »

Ralston keeps using the arbitrary day of today as the definitive "end of early vote" which continues to baffle me. Yes, that may have been the case in 2018, but we are still getting mail updates (and no more in person updates) after tonight.

Dems gained 4K in mail in the last update, Reps gained 2.5K in in-person. Say that happens again tonight, Clark firewall will jump another 1.5K. That's it for in person though.

Then we have Sat night, Sun night, and Mon night mail updates that could net Dems at least another 10-15K for their firewall. (plus anything that arrives after that)

I get that he's used to the end of "in person early voting" being the "end of the early vote" in general, but it's not this year, so I don't get why he's using that as a marker.

It must be his well known republican bias. Also, what were batches during the weekend of mail ballots last weekend?
Agafin
Cameroon

« Reply #938 on: November 04, 2022, 09:04:10 AM »

Probably because he assumes that any mail vote at this point is just cannibalizing ED votes. It's not like there are people who will vote by mail tomorrow but would not have voted if VBM ended today like it did in 2018.

Though I could see how that would be an uncharitable read from a dem POV. It could also be more optimistically assumed that VBM voters were a bit more sluggish this time around since they have more time to vote. Time will tell.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #939 on: November 04, 2022, 11:59:28 AM »

As you've already mentioned, it's not even like mail voting ends on Election Day: any ballot postmarked by Election Day and received by CoB on Saturday, 11/12 will also be counted. In a universal mail balloting system, you'd think nobody prognosticating in NV ever met procrastinating young people and/or Latinos & Asians before!

It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #940 on: November 04, 2022, 01:19:22 PM »

And Florida.
Not really. Nevada is the best one to look at.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #941 on: November 04, 2022, 02:06:22 PM »

And Florida.
So maybe, just maybe Laxalt & Lombardo will stop this NV Statewide loss curse for Republicans. They haven't won a Statewide Race since 2014.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #942 on: November 04, 2022, 02:09:02 PM »

And Florida.
So maybe, just maybe Laxalt & Lombardo will stop this NV Statewide loss curse for Republicans. They haven't won a Statewide Race since 2014.
Lombardo I am 100% sure about. There is no path for Sisolak. I am pretty much set on Laxalt as well unless we see some huge wave of Mail randomly.
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #943 on: November 04, 2022, 02:09:20 PM »

The current SOS is a Republican.
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #944 on: November 04, 2022, 02:11:24 PM »

Lombardo I am 100% sure about. There is no path for Sisolak. I am pretty much set on Laxalt as well unless we see some huge wave of Mail randomly.

If you are 100% sure about any race you don't understand how probabilities work.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #945 on: November 04, 2022, 02:26:25 PM »

If you are 100% sure about any race you don't understand how probabilities work.
Its Nevada. Not understanding probabilities is half the state’s economy.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #946 on: November 04, 2022, 02:59:54 PM »

Big thank you to Steve Sisolak for mailing ballots to low-propensity Trumpists!

VOY A VOTAR
Junior Chimp

« Reply #947 on: November 04, 2022, 03:04:47 PM »

The current SOS is a Republican.
Yes, but when was she elected. I doubt 2018.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #948 on: November 04, 2022, 03:06:24 PM »

VOY A VOTAR

I think we're going to find that certain expansions of voting do help Republicans on net.  I still think that all mail-in helps Democrats, but we are probably at the point where longer in-person early voting helps Republicans in most places, and auto-registration likely helps them in places like Nevada or Appalachia.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #949 on: November 04, 2022, 03:11:51 PM »

VOY A VOTAR
POR LOMBARDO!
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 ... 47  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies