IN-SEN 2024: Money in the Banks (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:59:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  IN-SEN 2024: Money in the Banks (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IN-SEN 2024: Money in the Banks  (Read 6445 times)
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« on: January 20, 2023, 07:01:48 PM »

In the last week or so it has become increasingly likely that Daniels will jump in. It will be a tough race but I don’t see how Banks can prevail. We’ve seen that Trump endorsements aren’t enough against popular republicans and Mitch Daniels is probably the most popular and consequential political figure of the 21st century in Indiana.
Why not the most consequencial figure for the next 1000 years ?

Aside from the humourous hyperbole, it will either go like Coats or like Bayh.

I don't rate Daniels's chances high.
This is a Senate election which is more ideologically polarized than a Governor's one, there might be too many conservatives in the Indiana GOP for Daniels to win.

Indiana has plurality primaries, so Daniel’s best hope is the extra conservatives splinter the vote
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2023, 12:57:04 PM »

I’m going around throwing out thread name ideas so;

Take it to the Banks
Sparring with Spartz
Damn Daniels
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2023, 10:44:39 AM »

Interesting statement from Steve Daines, seems possible the field may clear for Banks. Seems odd to me that the NRSC would get involved in a primary for a safe seat.

I can’t blame them after this last election, don’t wanna take any chances or let any more crazies in
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2023, 09:14:10 PM »

Sad news. Anyway Banks is fine I guess. At least he’s young enough to maybe have a long career and build some influence for the state along with Todd Young.

I’m still holding out the smallest shred of hope that we may one day see the presidential ticket Young/Love
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2023, 04:18:37 PM »

Why is the party coalescing around Banks so early? This is a safe R seat and there’s no worries about electability. How do you think Rokita or Spartz feel about being thrown under the bus.

Cause 2022 was a sh*t show. If they want to be able to go on the offensive in 2024 they need to be sure there’s no surprises in their safe seats.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2023, 12:44:38 PM »

I’m surprised about the Spartz decision. Initially it seemed like she wanted to run for Senate. It then seemed like she may not run for Senate due to Republicans coalescing around Jim Banks, but I just figured she’d run for re-election instead. I didn’t think she’d retire altogether.

I think she wants out of the house, with the whole speakership debacle I wouldn’t be surprised if more freshmen then normal retire
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2023, 02:36:51 PM »

I’m surprised about the Spartz decision. Initially it seemed like she wanted to run for Senate. It then seemed like she may not run for Senate due to Republicans coalescing around Jim Banks, but I just figured she’d run for re-election instead. I didn’t think she’d retire altogether.

I think she wants out of the house, with the whole speakership debacle I wouldn’t be surprised if more freshmen then normal retire

I understand your overall point, but Spartz was not a freshman.

My mistake, not sure why I thought she was a freshman
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2023, 12:06:19 AM »

"Gays Against Groomers?" I want to say f*** this guy, but that group's name is so tactfully chosen  that the defense to that will be: "Oh! So you're pro-groomer!?"

Gays against Groomers are quite literally the modern day Blacks against integration or Women against suffrage.

leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2023, 03:17:53 PM »

60 margin or 60% cause if Banks wins only 60% that’d be embarrassing
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies