IN-SEN 2024: Money in the Banks (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:49:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  IN-SEN 2024: Money in the Banks (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IN-SEN 2024: Money in the Banks  (Read 6407 times)
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« on: January 21, 2023, 01:15:51 PM »

I’m going around throwing out thread name ideas so;

Take it to the Banks
Sparring with Spartz
Damn Daniels

Money in the Banks
Spartz Fly
Rokita Ship
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2023, 01:49:41 PM »

I’m going around throwing out thread name ideas so;

Take it to the Banks
Sparring with Spartz
Damn Daniels

Money in the Banks
Spartz Fly
Rokita Ship
Holcomb your hair

For What It’s Hollingsworth
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2023, 01:02:45 AM »

In the case of Rokita potentially running, has there ever actually been an instance in which a state had two senators with the same first or last name like Indiana could potentially have?

Oklahoma did until just three weeks ago.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2023, 04:03:52 PM »

Why is the party coalescing around Banks so early? This is a safe R seat and there’s no worries about electability. How do you think Rokita or Spartz feel about being thrown under the bus.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2023, 04:28:01 PM »

Why is the party coalescing around Banks so early? This is a safe R seat and there’s no worries about electability. How do you think Rokita or Spartz feel about being thrown under the bus.

Cause 2022 was a sh*t show. If they want to be able to go on the offensive in 2024 they need to be sure there’s no surprises in their safe seats.

Why wouldn't they ?

Banks will probably follow the party line, so why risk it with a messy primary ?

Spartz and Rokita would also be reliable votes and are at no risk of losing the general.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2023, 02:06:07 PM »

I’m surprised about the Spartz decision. Initially it seemed like she wanted to run for Senate. It then seemed like she may not run for Senate due to Republicans coalescing around Jim Banks, but I just figured she’d run for re-election instead. I didn’t think she’d retire altogether.

I think she wants out of the house, with the whole speakership debacle I wouldn’t be surprised if more freshmen then normal retire

I don't know about freshmen, but we could get a lot of sophomore retirements. Especially from the moderate wing, like Garbarino, Malliotakis, Mace, or Salazar.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2023, 04:36:52 PM »

Flew under the radar, but potentially very interesting primary incoming.

I stopped reading at “Anti-Trump”. He’ll be lucky to crack 10% in the primary.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2023, 10:30:52 AM »

I saw that the first Democrat announced, being Marc Carmichael (former member of the Indiana House 1986-1991, lost a congressional race in Indiana's 2nd 1996).

Not that it matters much, of course, as Indiana's not a kind place for Democrats, but at least someone's trying. It'll be interesting to see what bigger names might announce, as I don't have much an ear to the ground on this stuff.

I still think if Pete Buttigeig had maintained his Indiana registration and chose to run here, this race might have been competitive, especially if a Democratic wave developed. Jim Banks isn't as strong a candidate as he looks (compared to Holcomb, or Rokita), and it looks like the field is clearing for him.

I live in the 3rd district, and I have to say that Banks seems strong to me.

Where?

In 2022, independent Nathan Gotsch attempted to pull together moderates and anti-Banks Republicans, or at least Republicans who were looking for something other than the far-right attitudes that Banks holds. He got just 4.7%, which, considering that in 2016, a Libertarian had gotten 6.9%, struck me as pathetic.

The Democrats had a horrid Congressional candidate in 2016. Look up Tommy Schrader. Day after the primary the 3rd District Democratic Party conceded the election to Banks and said they would not support Schrader. That was part of why the Libertarian that year got 7%. Banks finished only 19 votes behind Schrader for Wayne Township in Allen County (central Fort Wayne including the black part of town, Democrat-dominated to say the least).

Democrats in response to Schrader 2016 put a lot of effort, time, and money into Courtney Tritch in 2018. Tritch was a former Bernie Sanders campaign worker. She got 35% and in her concession said "it was always going to be hard with gerrymandering". I put up my arms and said "You got 35% and I probably don't need 2 hands to count the number of precincts you won outside of Fort Wayne. Draw me a district that you can win and is not a gerrymander."

Since Tritch, Democrats have done nothing congressionally with the last 2 candidates as far as putting effort, time, and money in.

It’s IN-03. Who cares about how strong the Democratic nominee is there?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies