Was Ronald Reagan the Antichrist? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:01:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Was Ronald Reagan the Antichrist? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Was Ronald Reagan the Antichrist?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 54

Author Topic: Was Ronald Reagan the Antichrist?  (Read 2738 times)
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« on: September 21, 2022, 11:17:07 PM »

Ronald Reagan was the best president the country has had in the modern era.

Adolf Hitler* was the closest thing the world has probably had to the Antichrist, although who the actual Antichrist is, we have no idea, and he may not even exist at all, nor ever exist.

*Genghis Khan is also a strong contender.

The Beast depicted in Revelation was almost certainly meant to be interpreted as a Roman emperor.

I'm sure people here know this but the gematria (Hebrew numerological value) of "Neron Kaiser" added up to 666, and the clincher for its identification with the Emperor Nero is that the variant 616 found in early manuscripts resolves to "Nero Kaiser", his Latin rather than Greek name. It makes sense because not only did Nero traditionally order the first state-backed persecution of the Christians, but there was also a "Nero Redivivus" legend that the dead Emperor would come back and rule again.
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2022, 11:40:00 PM »

Ronald Reagan was the best president the country has had in the modern era.

Adolf Hitler* was the closest thing the world has probably had to the Antichrist, although who the actual Antichrist is, we have no idea, and he may not even exist at all, nor ever exist.

*Genghis Khan is also a strong contender.

The Beast depicted in Revelation was almost certainly meant to be interpreted as a Roman emperor.

I'm sure people here know this but the gematria (Hebrew numerological value) of "Neron Kaiser" added up to 666, and the clincher for its identification with the Emperor Nero is that the variant 616 found in early manuscripts resolves to "Nero Kaiser", his Latin rather than Greek name. It makes sense because not only did Nero traditionally order the first state-backed persecution of the Christians, but there was also a "Nero Redivivus" legend that the dead Emperor would come back and rule again.

That's really interesting. I have heard of that with the numbers. I always assumed that the Beast was maybe based on Nero but left ambiguous enough to potentially refer to a current or future emperor since Nero was dead for a while by the time Revelation was written. I had never heard that there were myths about a resurrected or still-living Nero. 

Yeah, for decades afterwards there were in fact multiple rebellions in the Roman East by people claiming to be Nero. Nero was very popular with the ordinary inhabitants of the Empire because he passed legislation against abuses and spent a lot on games and public works - which is why the Senatorial aristocracy murdered him.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies