Was Ronald Reagan the Antichrist?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:31:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: World politics is up Schmitt creek)
  Was Ronald Reagan the Antichrist?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Was Ronald Reagan the Antichrist?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 54

Author Topic: Was Ronald Reagan the Antichrist?  (Read 2563 times)
Asenath Waite
Fulbright DNC
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 21, 2022, 03:10:32 PM »

Hard yes
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2022, 03:16:03 PM »

The Antichrist is Ray Mabus, just as Nostradamus predicted.
Leading Political Consultant Ma Anand Sheela
Heat

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2022, 03:18:05 PM »
« Edited: September 21, 2022, 03:22:49 PM by The Thinking Man's Orangewoman »

If only. Mississippi would be better off if he had been.
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2022, 03:24:22 PM »

John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2022, 04:34:27 PM »

No, that would be too kind to Reagan.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2022, 07:07:17 PM »

no, Saddam Hussein was
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2022, 07:19:21 PM »

Ronald Reagan was the best president the country has had in the modern era.

Adolf Hitler* was the closest thing the world has probably had to the Antichrist, although who the actual Antichrist is, we have no idea, and he may not even exist at all, nor ever exist.

*Genghis Khan is also a strong contender.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2022, 07:38:12 PM »

No. He was not the Antichrist, but he was an antichrist.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2022, 07:46:14 PM »

Adolf Hitler* was the closest thing the world has probably had to the Antichrist, although who the actual Antichrist is, we have no idea, and he may not even exist at all, nor ever exist.

The Beast depicted in Revelation was almost certainly meant to be interpreted as a Roman emperor.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2022, 07:53:14 PM »

No. He was not the Antichrist, but he was an antichrist.

This. "Antichrist" interpreted properly is a job description, and one that can be held by any number of people. Like "venture capitalist".
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2022, 11:17:07 PM »

The Beast depicted in Revelation was almost certainly meant to be interpreted as a Roman emperor.

I'm sure people here know this but the gematria (Hebrew numerological value) of "Neron Kaiser" added up to 666, and the clincher for its identification with the Emperor Nero is that the variant 616 found in early manuscripts resolves to "Nero Kaiser", his Latin rather than Greek name. It makes sense because not only did Nero traditionally order the first state-backed persecution of the Christians, but there was also a "Nero Redivivus" legend that the dead Emperor would come back and rule again.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2022, 11:20:40 PM »

I'm sure people here know this but the gematria (Hebrew numerological value) of "Neron Kaiser" added up to 666, and the clincher for its identification with the Emperor Nero is that the variant 616 found in early manuscripts resolves to "Nero Kaiser", his Latin rather than Greek name. It makes sense because not only did Nero traditionally order the first state-backed persecution of the Christians, but there was also a "Nero Redivivus" legend that the dead Emperor would come back and rule again.

That's really interesting. I have heard of that with the numbers. I always assumed that the Beast was maybe based on Nero but left ambiguous enough to potentially refer to a current or future emperor since Nero was dead for a while by the time Revelation was written. I had never heard that there were myths about a resurrected or still-living Nero. 
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2022, 11:40:00 PM »

That's really interesting. I have heard of that with the numbers. I always assumed that the Beast was maybe based on Nero but left ambiguous enough to potentially refer to a current or future emperor since Nero was dead for a while by the time Revelation was written. I had never heard that there were myths about a resurrected or still-living Nero. 

Yeah, for decades afterwards there were in fact multiple rebellions in the Roman East by people claiming to be Nero. Nero was very popular with the ordinary inhabitants of the Empire because he passed legislation against abuses and spent a lot on games and public works - which is why the Senatorial aristocracy murdered him.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2022, 11:42:06 PM »

Yeah, for decades afterwards there were in fact multiple rebellions in the Roman East by people claiming to be Nero. Nero was very popular with the ordinary inhabitants of the Empire because he passed legislation against abuses and spent a lot on games and public works - which is why the Senatorial aristocracy murdered him.

I thought he killed himself, but I guess back then suicide was usually done after being forced by political enemies.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2022, 11:55:19 PM »

No one is yet the Anti Christ yet it's a theory it hasn't happened yet we are more likely to die from an asteroid than a rapture but the asteroid we get hit all the time but never one as big that can kill off man kind, what happened to Reagan missile shield the one large enough that can deflect an asteroid
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2022, 04:53:24 AM »

The Antichrist either hasn't been born yet or is still alive.
Diabolical Materialism
SlamDunk

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2022, 08:25:34 AM »

Also Jesus is black and the government is lying about 9/11
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2022, 09:40:17 PM »

Lord, grant us more Antichrists like that one!
nicholas.slaydon
Ukraine

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2022, 12:54:04 PM »

Likewise, the Beast with seven heads mentioned in Revelation 17 is clearly stated to be representative of seven kings, five of which were already dead at the time (Julius, Augustus, Tiberius, Caligula, and Claudius), one which was currently ruling (Nero), and one who would come after, but only reign for a short time (Galba, who had less that a one year reign before being ousted).
The Smiling Face On Your TV
slimey56
Korea, Democratic People's Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.46, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2022, 03:57:51 PM »

Nah and tbh he had a quasi-stopped clock moment in identifying the Kremlin as such.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2022, 04:47:46 PM »

The Antichrist either hasn't been born yet or is still alive.

Terrible news. I am assembling a band of rogues to hunt down the 160-year old zombie known as Woodrow Wilson.
Fuzzy Stands With His Friend, Chairman Sanchez
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2022, 05:36:11 PM »

If only this were still a serious Forum.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2022, 02:44:03 AM »

No, if a president were the antichrist it would likely be Donald Trump.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2022, 06:23:43 AM »
« Edited: September 29, 2022, 06:12:10 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

No Christian Nationalism isn't anti Christ, it's Putin if he was the anti Christ he is using this moment to test the World after acting like a Diplomat for all these yrs Bush W and Trump and Obama said Putin wasn't Stalin

If Christian Nationalism was the anti Christ we would of had the Armageddon long ago with the Pope and English Crown and the Jewish Pharacies put their wealth like Rs do before everything else's
Thor Ragnarok is the same as Armageddon, Revelation wasn't written by Christ it was written by John on what he had a dream it's not mythology but it's theology
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2022, 12:55:09 PM »

There’s literally always an Anti-Christ. That’s the true story of Revelation. A priest told me that the first anti-Christ was Diocletian.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies