Reaction if Republicans win 245+ seats?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 11, 2024, 12:46:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Reaction if Republicans win 245+ seats?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Reaction if Republicans win 245+ seats?  (Read 238 times)
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 19, 2022, 01:30:03 PM »

Title
UncleSam

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2022, 01:50:58 PM »

Honestly not even that surprised that the polling missed yet again in the exact same direction. The fundamentals point to a result like this outside of abortion, so I guess I’d say that I’d just perceive it as abortion fading from importance as it becomes clear that most states aren’t going to impose insane restrictions.

With that being said this is extremely unlikely to happen. I do think abortion will endure as a big issue and will especially harm the GOP in the suburbs and with women.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2022, 01:53:17 PM »

Honestly not even that surprised that the polling missed yet again in the exact same direction. The fundamentals point to a result like this outside of abortion, so I guess I’d say that I’d just perceive it as abortion fading from importance as it becomes clear that most states aren’t going to impose insane restrictions.

With that being said this is extremely unlikely to happen. I do think abortion will endure as a big issue and will especially harm the GOP in the suburbs and with women.

A Republican Tsunami would mean that 1) there was a YUGE surge in firings and credit events and 2) the median voter is apathetic or generally hostile to abortion rights.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2022, 01:58:27 PM »

Assuming the polls don't change much between now and Halloween: I'd advise almost all pollsters simply to give up. You guys screwed up big time again and it's beyond annoying to get your hopes up and then be devasted yet again. I mean, if they at least got it wrong the other way around and underestimate Democrats...
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2022, 02:12:23 PM »

I will be insufferable here for a few days, I will tell you that.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies