Can it happen in the future another presidential election like 1996?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:07:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Can it happen in the future another presidential election like 1996?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Can it happen in the future another presidential election like 1996?  (Read 1039 times)
buritobr
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 17, 2022, 07:29:38 PM »

The 1996 US presidential election was the last one to be only the choice of a person who would occupy an office for the following 4 years.
After that, all the US presidential elections were a watershed in the history of the mankind, according to the media.
The 2000 election could be just another election like the previous ones, but there was the long battle in Florida, so it was the 1st of the sequence of the watersheds in the history of the mankind.

Is it possible another election which is just the choice of a person who would occupy an office for the following 4 years?

I know that 2024 no. 2024 will be another watershed in the history of the mankind, because of the world economic crisis, the War in Ukraine, the China vs Taiwan conflict.

And after?
TwinGeeks99
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2022, 10:07:32 PM »

Perhaps during another time of unprecedented and true political stability and one in which both candidates agreed on 95% of popular policies.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2022, 01:08:06 AM »

To clarify, you're asking when will the media/mainstream politicians stop saying that "the next election is the most important of our lives"? Literally never.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2022, 10:33:48 PM »

I'd argue 2012 was to a certain extent.  While people were passionate about their candidate, it felt as close to "generic presidential election" as you could think of.  Even the debates and "scandals" seem really quaint in hindsight.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2022, 12:27:07 AM »

To clarify, you're asking when will the media/mainstream politicians stop saying that "the next election is the most important of our lives"? Literally never.

Its lol worthy how the media has hyped up every election in my lifetime to be "the most important in our lives" except 2000 which they said "was not that important of an election". Ironically the one election they hyped up as not that important was arguably the most consequential election in not only my lifetime but in the post cold war era.
buritobr
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2022, 11:39:10 PM »

2012 was the least "election of the century" of the 21st century.
Still, it was not as boring as 1956, 1984, 1996.
During the 1st Obama's term, there was the Arab Spring, the Tea Party, the Occupy Wall Street.
There was a question if there would be a world left-wing shift after the 2008 global financial crisis, and the 2012 would play an important role.
Well, Obama won, but... there was no world left-wing shift. We saw what happened in many countries after 2015.
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2022, 03:48:15 AM »

2012 was the least "election of the century" of the 21st century.
Still, it was not as boring as 1956, 1984, 1996.
During the 1st Obama's term, there was the Arab Spring, the Tea Party, the Occupy Wall Street.
There was a question if there would be a world left-wing shift after the 2008 global financial crisis, and the 2012 would play an important role.
Well, Obama won, but... there was no world left-wing shift. We saw what happened in many countries after 2015.

https://www.theonion.com/after-obama-victory-shrieking-white-hot-sphere-of-pure-1819595330
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2022, 05:44:53 PM »

Its lol worthy how the media has hyped up every election in my lifetime to be "the most important in our lives" except 2000 which they said "was not that important of an election". Ironically the one election they hyped up as not that important was arguably the most consequential election in not only my lifetime but in the post cold war era.
I think every election being called “the most important” is a reaction to 2000 and Bush 43’s first term. Before 2000, there were elections that the media didn’t hype up as important such as 1996, 1988, and 1984.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies