Who wins each competitive governor’s race? (Part 2)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:19:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Who wins each competitive governor’s race? (Part 2)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who wins each competitive governor’s race?
AK: Gara

AK: Dunleavy

AK: Walker

CO: Polis

CO: Ganahl

CT: Lamont

CT: Stefanowski

FL: Crist

FL: DeSantis

IA: DeJear

IA: Reynolds

IL: Pritzker

IL: Bailey

MA: Healey

MA: Diehl

MD: Moore

MD: Cox

MN: Walz

MN: Jensen

NY: Hochul

NY: Zeldin

OH: Whaley

OH: DeWine

OK: Hoffmeister

OK: Stitt

RI: McKee

RI: Kalus

SC: Cunningham

SC: McMaster

TX: O’Rourke

TX: Abbott

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 28

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Who wins each competitive governor’s race? (Part 2)  (Read 712 times)
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 16, 2022, 07:03:59 PM »

And here’s the “second tier” governors races. Who wins these and do you think there are any surprises?
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2022, 07:09:00 PM »

The only potential upsets even on my radar are Bailey and Jensen; I voted for them just to give the poll some flavor. I think Zeldin will amount to the best losing Republican performance in New York since 1982, but that's not saying too much.

I don't actually think Jensen would be too massive an upset; perception of that race is skewed by just two polls, albeit the only two taken after Dobbs.
coloradocowboi
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2022, 07:15:46 PM »

Jensen I could see. Bailey is going nowhere lol.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2022, 07:37:54 PM »

The only potential upsets even on my radar are Bailey and Jensen; I voted for them just to give the poll some flavor. I think Zeldin will amount to the best losing Republican performance in New York since 1982, but that's not saying too much.

I don't actually think Jensen would be too massive an upset; perception of that race is skewed by just two polls, albeit the only two taken after Dobbs.

Bailey has no chance, and at the rate his campaign has been proceeding at, he would be lucky to keep the margin to single digits. As for Jensen, he is not the weakest Republican candidate running, and I could easily see him coming within single digits also. But Walz is popular and Minnesota continues to have a stubborn Democratic lean. It's hard for me to envision a Republican victory there this year.

I do agree with you about Zeldin though. I believe he is going to clear 40%, and if he overperforms expectations, could even get into the mid-40s. Hochul has clearly been hurt by her association with Cuomo (even though she and Cuomo weren't close, she was part of his administration for several years), and issues such as the coronavirus pandemic, crime, and inflation probably haven't helped her either. Zeldin will also benefit from pro-Republican trends among minorities and in Upstate, and will be boosted by his "native son" status in Suffolk County.
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -1.57

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2022, 09:32:11 PM »

I wish you could’ve allowed us to remove our vote because I accidentally voted O’Rourke in this poll despite repeatedly saying on this site that he has no chance.

But aside from that, the only person here who really has a serious shot at an upset is Jensen, but that’ll depend on how much damage the weed parties inflict on Walz and the rest of the dems.
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.13

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2022, 12:59:34 AM »

Basically none of these have any real upset potential. If you're looking for an upset, look at Abrams or Drazan.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2022, 02:05:18 PM »

Outside chance of O'Rourke or Zeldin.  There's a limit to how much you can pander to the base. 
Burke Bro
omelott
Israel

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2022, 06:48:54 PM »

Hot take: Klaus is the most likely gubernatorial candidate on this list to win in an upset. McKee was never elected governor in his own right, barely won his own primary, and his administration is  under investigation by the FBI. Rhode Island is a smaller state that makes it prone to greater electoral swings and its demographic profile is a lot more favorable to republicans than it’s recent presidential record would suggest. It also helps that while Klaus is by no means a liberal Republican, she’s intentionally distanced herself from Trump/election lies and has chosen to run a campaign that’s almost entirely focused on economic problems.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies