Trump wears a "Q" pin now, promises "the storm is coming"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 03:50:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump wears a "Q" pin now, promises "the storm is coming"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Trump wears a "Q" pin now, promises "the storm is coming"  (Read 2383 times)
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 16, 2022, 06:17:23 AM »

On Tuesday, using his Truth Social platform, the Republican former president reposted an image of himself wearing a Q lapel pin overlaid with the words “The Storm is Coming.” In QAnon lore, the “storm” refers to Trump’s final victory, when supposedly he will regain power and his opponents will be tried, and potentially executed, on live television.

https://apnews.com/article/technology-donald-trump-conspiracy-theories-government-and-politics-db50c6f709b1706886a876ae6ac298e2?utm_source=homepage&utm_medium=TopNews&utm_campaign=position_2
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2022, 06:20:08 AM »

i'm convinced now that the republican party is trying to lose the midterms on purpose
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2022, 06:27:45 AM »

i'm convinced now that the republican party is trying to lose the midterms on purpose
maybe, now hear me out, maybe the GOP secret leadership wants to lose badly so they can begin to move past the Trump era sooner rather than later.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2022, 06:42:20 AM »

The story I heard is that one of his fans created the image and posted it, and Trump re"truthed" it, not that it's a real photo.  It's still bad, but not quite as bad as him actually wearing the Q pin.
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.35

P P
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2022, 08:11:22 AM »

Keep eating those Big Macs, they're good for you. Your artrties are invincible.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2022, 08:58:59 AM »

This is frightening.

Trump is dangerous to democracy in this country, in office or out. He is our enemy #1, not Russia or China; it's Trump, due to his far-reaching influence, his massive ego, and his desire to topple the US government.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2022, 09:05:01 AM »

Trump and his party are so full of cr*p.

After W. Bush was gone, I thought it couldn't get worse with the GOP. Then came the Tea Party, and I thought they hit the absolute bottom now. Wrong, then 2016 and the Trump presidency came and I had the belief, this was the rock bottom now. Both ahead of the 2016 and 2020 elections, I thought a major election defeat may get the GOP back to the center. Because they finally realize, this craziness doesn't win them election. I even had some hope after the 2012 election and their autopsy. Turned out wrong time and time again. So are we now at the rock bottom? No longer sure. But what's next? NSDAP 2.0?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2022, 11:55:22 AM »

Why is this not a bigger story?
This is frightening and disgusting to the highest extent.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2022, 11:57:56 AM »

The Republican Party's only redeeming quality is that they're too out-of-shape to goosestep.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2022, 01:26:34 PM »

maybe, now hear me out, maybe the GOP secret leadership wants to lose badly so they can begin to move past the Trump era sooner rather than later.

Unfortunately for them, "losing badly" this midterm would amount to Democrats keeping the Senate and Republicans winning the House but "only" getting like 220-225 seats.

As long as they win the House, they'll be able to claim they were vindicated. After all, "Democrats didn't win back the Senate in 2018 either." They might also make some vague reference to how they would have won the Senate if not for "bad candidates" without actually thinking about what was bad about the candidates they nominated.

There will be no course correction for 2024. It will be full steam ahead for the Trump Train.

The Republican Party's only redeeming quality is that they're too out-of-shape to goosestep.

They could manage a penguin-style waddle though.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2022, 01:27:13 PM »

One reason is I think the media is trying to ignore most of his truths. Another is since it's a repost they may think he doesn't know what it means, or that could be a counterargument, and they don't want to waste time on it.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2022, 01:38:25 PM »

One reason is I think the media is trying to ignore most of his truths. Another is since it's a repost they may think he doesn't know what it means, or that could be a counterargument, and they don't want to waste time on it.

Or they have a bias.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2022, 01:41:39 PM »

I mean, this is the same thing he did when he was on Twitter. I was under the impression that he himself had posted "The storm is coming" instead of retweeting it. Still pretty insane.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2022, 01:42:18 PM »

Or they have a bias.

If you mean maybe they approve of his post, then no I am highly confident that is not the reason.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2022, 02:10:00 PM »

Or they have a bias.

If you mean maybe they approve of his post, then no I am highly confident that is not the reason.

Not necessarily they approve, but also not sure they wouldn’t like to see him back in the White House. Trump brings in the ratings.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2022, 03:18:20 PM »
« Edited: September 16, 2022, 05:17:05 PM by Torie »

I think that might be in the back of the minds of that wing of the party that has been decimated by defections (where on Atlas have all the blue avatars gone, long time passing).

When I read the headline of this thread, my immediate and instinctual reaction was BRING IT!

And maybe that is why the Dems emptied all of those jails. Plan ahead baby.
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2022, 10:58:09 PM »

He's even crazier than I thought
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2022, 11:20:23 PM »

I was naive to have seen Trumpism as a step closer to communitarianism. It's turning out to be the same Reagan-era GOP minus respect for democracy and our institutions. He had a job to denounce insanity but by doubling-down on it, he's doing a good job at keeping Dem's in office as long as he keeps it up.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2022, 12:21:06 AM »

I hope this puts an end to the deflections of "oh come on, QAnon is just a random internet meme with no power or relevance in the actual Republican Party!"
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2022, 03:47:51 AM »

He's acting upon the absolute worst instincts of the absolute worst part of his terrible band of supporters.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2022, 06:27:16 AM »

I hope this puts an end to the deflections of "oh come on, QAnon is just a random internet meme with no power or relevance in the actual Republican Party!"

QAnon is mainstream in the Republican Party now.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2022, 06:30:46 AM »

The story I heard is that one of his fans created the image and posted it, and Trump re"truthed" it, not that it's a real photo.  It's still bad, but not quite as bad as him actually wearing the Q pin.
Somebody please confirm or deny this once we have more information.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2022, 07:00:44 AM »

Solution to all this bathroom BS that we should all be able to agree with: turn bathrooms into unisex places with enclosed, private stalls so we can all do our business in peace.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2022, 07:42:27 AM »

Somebody please confirm or deny this once we have more information.
Yeah, I'm 99% sure this is the case.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2022, 07:44:19 AM »

Solution to all this bathroom BS that we should all be able to agree with: turn bathrooms into unisex places with enclosed, private stalls so we can all do our business in peace.
Or just not have any laws on it. People have always just used whatever bathroom they like and it has never been a problem until the GOP decided to throw a hissy fit.

BTW, I believe this discussion belongs in a different thread.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies