NY (Data for Progress) - Hochul +13 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:07:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2022 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  NY (Data for Progress) - Hochul +13 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NY (Data for Progress) - Hochul +13  (Read 483 times)
kwabbit

« on: September 15, 2022, 06:30:30 PM »

Kinda funny that the most polled race seems to be NY-GOV. Five polls since Sep 1, all of which are Hochul +15 or less. They could be off, but NY polls don’t typically underrate Democrats, so I’m guessing Cuomo altered swing voters’ perceptions of Hochul and the NY Democratic Party.
kwabbit

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2022, 07:46:21 PM »

Kinda funny that the most polled race seems to be NY-GOV. Five polls since Sep 1, all of which are Hochul +15 or less. They could be off, but NY polls don’t typically underrate Democrats, so I’m guessing Cuomo altered swing voters’ perceptions of Hochul and the NY Democratic Party.

I doubt that's the case since NY Dems and Hochul pretty much did everything they could/and are still doing to detach from Cuomo. Hochul has been pretty open about not even really liking him when they worked together.

She might be trying to, but she was his LG for 6 years and chose to work with him. There’d be much more lopsided polls given how polling in other states is looking like if there wasn’t some fatigue with the Dems going on.

It’s very common for an unpopular administration to drag down candidates of the same party in subsequent elections. See 2018 CT Gov, 2022 OR Gov just in the last few cycles.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies