NY (Data for Progress) - Hochul +13
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:07:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2022 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  NY (Data for Progress) - Hochul +13
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NY (Data for Progress) - Hochul +13  (Read 446 times)
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 15, 2022, 05:53:11 PM »

https://www.cityandstateny.com/politics/2022/09/hochul-leads-zeldin-52-39-according-data-progress-poll/377211/

Sep. 9-13, 931 LV

Hochul 52
Zeldin 39
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2022, 05:55:21 PM »

Considering Data for Progress' recent embarrassment in the state, maybe we should move this ten points to the left.

All snark aside, I don't think it's actually overestimating Zeldin as much as they did Mastriano.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2022, 06:27:35 PM »

The consistent in a lot of these NY polls is Zeldin usually around 39.
kwabbit

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2022, 06:30:30 PM »

Kinda funny that the most polled race seems to be NY-GOV. Five polls since Sep 1, all of which are Hochul +15 or less. They could be off, but NY polls don’t typically underrate Democrats, so I’m guessing Cuomo altered swing voters’ perceptions of Hochul and the NY Democratic Party.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2022, 06:34:31 PM »

Kinda funny that the most polled race seems to be NY-GOV. Five polls since Sep 1, all of which are Hochul +15 or less. They could be off, but NY polls don’t typically underrate Democrats, so I’m guessing Cuomo altered swing voters’ perceptions of Hochul and the NY Democratic Party.

This, along with coronavirus restrictions, crime, and inflation, probably have helped Zeldin somewhat. I expect that he will improve over Molinaro in New York City and its suburbs, and that he will clear 40% statewide. New York, however - like California - is simply too Democratic for a Republican to win, and it's possible that the abortion issue will help Hochul. I'm keeping to my prediction of a 59-41% win for her.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2022, 06:48:39 PM »

I doubt that's the case since NY Dems and Hochul pretty much did everything they could/and are still doing to detach from Cuomo. Hochul has been pretty open about not even really liking him when they worked together.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2022, 07:01:42 PM »

This is a banned poll.
kwabbit

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2022, 07:46:21 PM »

I doubt that's the case since NY Dems and Hochul pretty much did everything they could/and are still doing to detach from Cuomo. Hochul has been pretty open about not even really liking him when they worked together.

She might be trying to, but she was his LG for 6 years and chose to work with him. There’d be much more lopsided polls given how polling in other states is looking like if there wasn’t some fatigue with the Dems going on.

It’s very common for an unpopular administration to drag down candidates of the same party in subsequent elections. See 2018 CT Gov, 2022 OR Gov just in the last few cycles.
Duke of York

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2022, 12:30:26 PM »

Why is it banned?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies