Did The Trump Campaign Realize/Suspect They Were Going to Lose On The Morning Of The Election?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:52:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Did The Trump Campaign Realize/Suspect They Were Going to Lose On The Morning Of The Election?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: you know the drill. Drill Baby?....
(Not Trump, just his campaign staff)
Yes, his campaign staff suspected he would lose

No, his campaign staff did not suspect that he would lose

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 67

Author Topic: Did The Trump Campaign Realize/Suspect They Were Going to Lose On The Morning Of The Election?  (Read 6300 times)
Cyrusman
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2022, 11:36:57 AM »

I've read 8-9 books on the 2020 election

This seems to be the consensus.

Unlike 2016, Republican internal polling had Trump behind. But it did show him improving in the days leading up to the election. On election day, he was still behind but close enough that he could get lucky again. Around 8pm, things looked just like that, Trump was going to pull a upset.

Around midnight, campaign staff knew Trump was going to come up short. So did the Biden campaign and most media outlets.

To answer the OP question, yes and no. No, they did not have evidence of an upset unlike 2016. Yes they had some reason to be confident.

Of the 8-9 you read, is there one that really goes in depth and does a great job with the timeline of how the final stretch of the campaign went and what was going on within the Trump circles? If so, let me know which one. Really interested in reading one about that.
Let me remember than I will DM you. I bought them all on Amazon

Thanks!
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2023, 12:38:24 AM »

His campaign was an echo-chamber.   
LBJer
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2023, 01:11:41 PM »

Around midnight, campaign staff knew Trump was going to come up short. So did the Biden campaign and most media outlets.

This makes it all the more ridiculous that the media waited until Saturday, November 7 (!) to call the election.  The only plausible explanation is that they were afraid of Trump and his followers. 
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies