PA-SEN (CBS/YouGov): Fetterman +5
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 05:03:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2022 Senate & House Election Polls
  PA-SEN (CBS/YouGov): Fetterman +5
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: PA-SEN (CBS/YouGov): Fetterman +5  (Read 1162 times)
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 14, 2022, 06:44:40 AM »

Fetterman: 52%
Oz: 47%

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/pennsylvania-midterm-election-opinion-poll-economy-abortion-2022-09-14/

While this is a "good" poll for Oz, relatively, the breakdowns on why people are voting for him and whether they like their candidate are abysmal.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2022, 07:06:55 AM »

Fetterman is well above 50 now.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2022, 07:20:59 AM »

Did they poll Mastriano/Shapiro?
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2022, 07:25:28 AM »

Shapiro +11
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2022, 07:30:43 AM »

Nice poll Mastriano won't win due to fact he will DECERTIFY Biden with R State legislature
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2022, 07:45:54 AM »

Wow......
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2022, 07:52:49 AM »

These numbers are just atrocious for Oz across the board. He's quite literally only at 47% even because this is a Biden midterm and the LV model is slightly GOP

When they talk about politics, they say what they…
Fetterman: 57% really believe, 43% think voters want to hear
Oz: 29% really believe, 71% think voters want to hear

Has Oz been in PA long enough to understand the issues? 33% yes, 67% no

Do they have the right experience? 56% Fetterman does, 24% Oz does

How they handle themselves personally?
Fetterman: 50% like, 50% dislike
Oz: 36% like, 64% dislike

Reason for vote choice?
Fetterman: 56% I like him, 24% to oppose Oz, 20% he’s the nominee
Oz: 15% I like him, 54% to oppose Fetterman, 31% he’s the nominee

Is Fetterman healthy enough to serve? 59% yes, 41% no

Enthusiasm about voting for?
Fetterman: 63% very enthusiastic
Oz: 36% very enthusiastic
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2022, 08:11:00 AM »

You have to assume polls are slanted to the Dems.. so a 5 point margin when everything seems to be going right for Dems is alarming. I’ll get mauled for this but I’m inclined to say one more poll like this and this is a Tilt R tossup
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2022, 08:14:08 AM »

You have to assume polls are slanted to the Dems.. so a 5 point margin when everything seems to be going right for Dems is alarming. I’ll get mauled for this but I’m inclined to say one more poll like this and this is a Tilt R tossup

Consider yourself mauled.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2022, 09:28:09 AM »

These numbers are just atrocious for Oz across the board. He's quite literally only at 47% even because this is a Biden midterm and the LV model is slightly GOP

When they talk about politics, they say what they…
Fetterman: 57% really believe, 43% think voters want to hear
Oz: 29% really believe, 71% think voters want to hear

Has Oz been in PA long enough to understand the issues? 33% yes, 67% no

Do they have the right experience? 56% Fetterman does, 24% Oz does

How they handle themselves personally?
Fetterman: 50% like, 50% dislike
Oz: 36% like, 64% dislike

Reason for vote choice?
Fetterman: 56% I like him, 24% to oppose Oz, 20% he’s the nominee
Oz: 15% I like him, 54% to oppose Fetterman, 31% he’s the nominee

Is Fetterman healthy enough to serve? 59% yes, 41% no

Enthusiasm about voting for?
Fetterman: 63% very enthusiastic
Oz: 36% very enthusiastic

That's very encouraging and just confirms what an atrocious candidate Oz is. Fetterman's campaign to paint him as "coastal elitist" really stuck and Oz greatly stuggles to find a winning message. Tbh, I think he even struggles to find a message beyond "Biden bad" at all. Not the greatest approach to win a swing state unless national environment is strongly in your favor.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2022, 09:28:15 AM »

I could definitely see this being around the final margin. Love to get a poll with hardly any undecideds for once.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2022, 10:44:14 AM »

Much more believable than most polls we’ve gotten. Though Oz is likely going to need to flip some voters leaning to Fetterman if he wants to win, the good news for him is that the election is 2 months away, but this remains Tilt/Lean D imo.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2022, 10:51:52 AM »

Much more believable than most polls we’ve gotten. Though Oz is likely going to need to flip some voters leaning to Fetterman if he wants to win, the good news for him is that the election is 2 months away, but this remains Tilt/Lean D imo.

Early voting in PA starts in 5 days.
kwabbit

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2022, 11:07:41 AM »

Early voting in PA starts in 5 days.

Generally swing voters don’t vote early so candidates can’t bank a win. In North Carolina in 2016/2020, Democrats banked huge leads in early voting only to see them evaporate on Election Day.
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2022, 03:30:51 PM »

I could definitely see this being around the final margin. Love to get a poll with hardly any undecideds for once.

Isn't the % undecided/other actually way too low here?  There are six minor party candidates on the ballot, and 538 projects them to receive 2.3% of the vote. 
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2022, 04:19:48 PM »

Isn't the % undecided/other actually way too low here?  There are six minor party candidates on the ballot, and 538 projects them to receive 2.3% of the vote. 

I mean it comes out to 1% other, so not much different than 2% third party vote.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2022, 06:48:32 PM »

Still very consistent, but this time with Fetterman past 50%. I don't care if it's much closer than what the gubernatorial race looks like, Oz is only as close as he is because certain voters simply don't want a Democrat winning, yet it and his desperate tactics don't even matter if 52% of Pennsylvanians prefer Fetterman, especially if this holds up. That negative partisanship is all he has, as evident from the crosstabs. The GOP should put a quarter in their asses because they played themselves here by letting Trump affect the race so much by making Oz his preferred candidate.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2022, 06:54:56 PM »

Still very consistent, but this time with Fetterman past 50%. I don't care if it's much closer than what the gubernatorial race looks like, Oz is only as close as he is because certain voters simply don't want a Democrat winning, yet it and his desperate tactics don't even matter if 52% of Pennsylvanians prefer Fetterman, especially if this holds up. That negative partisanship is all he has, as evident from the crosstabs. The GOP should put a quarter in their asses because they played themselves here by letting Trump affect the race so much by making Oz his preferred candidate.

McCormick would probably be near the point of putting this race away at this point. Oz seems to have gained some momentum in recent weeks, but it may not be enough. We are now entering the final stretch, and Pennsylvania voters have a much more negative perception of him than they do of Fetterman.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2022, 07:19:44 PM »

McCormick would probably be near the point of putting this race away at this point. Oz seems to have gained some momentum in recent weeks, but it may not be enough. We are now entering the final stretch, and Pennsylvania voters have a much more negative perception of him than they do of Fetterman.

I don't really buy this argument - McCormick likely would've done better than Oz but Fetterman is still clearly relatively popular in his own right, and McCormick has his own issues.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2022, 07:21:42 PM »

I don't really buy this argument - McCormick likely would've done better than Oz but Fetterman is still clearly relatively popular in his own right, and McCormick has his own issues.

You think Fetterman would be leading McCormick? If that had been the case, which Republican would have a chance of winning in Pennsylvania? Fitzpatrick, who would be unable to win the primary?
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2022, 07:33:29 PM »

You think Fetterman would be leading McCormick? If that had been the case, which Republican would have a chance of winning in Pennsylvania? Fitzpatrick, who would be unable to win the primary?

I think you misread - I think McCormick would have a chance at winning. I just disagree with this sentiment that if this were McCormick vs. Fett that the former would be winning by like 5 and "putting it away already."
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2022, 07:39:35 PM »

I think you misread - I think McCormick would have a chance at winning. I just disagree with this sentiment that if this were McCormick vs. Fett that the former would be winning by like 5 and "putting it away already."

I see. I think this would be a competitive race, but McCormack probably would have responded more effectively to Fetterman's attacks and wouldn't have the same trust issues with the Republican base.
Yoda
United States

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2022, 09:45:06 PM »

You're like the political version of an athlete that needs to see a psychologist b/c they beat themselves before they set food on the field/court.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2022, 09:03:04 AM »

The big unknown is how these two flawed candidates do in the debates against each other. We shall see.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2022, 09:13:11 AM »

The big unknown is how these two flawed candidates do in the debates against each other. We shall see.

I'm sorry what? One candidate has a 50/50 fav here and the other has a 36/64.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies