Your favourite French Monarch from each Dynasty
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 06, 2024, 11:06:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Your favourite French Monarch from each Dynasty
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Your favourite French Monarch from each Dynasty  (Read 87 times)
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 13, 2022, 07:47:42 AM »

Merovingians: Clovis for converting the Franks to Christianity and basically reuniting Gaul into the Kingdom of the Franks

Carolingians: Charlemagne. No explanation needed here. One of the greatest leaders in World History and is one of my favourite kings, if not outright my favourite.

House of Capet: this is definitely the hardest one. It's the best French dynasty imo. I'll go for Saint Louis IX as my first choice, a good pious man who did his best to govern as a good Christian and built a lot of nice church buildings. Philippe IV le Bel is my second choice for having annexed Lyon into the Kingdom of France. And to round off the top 3, with a bit bigger of a gap would be Philippe Auguste.

House of Valois: François Ier 100%. One of my favourite kings. Brought the Renaissance to France and built my local château.

House of Bourbon: Henri IV due to his good persona, his bringing peace back to the Kingdom after the Wars of Religion and for his religious tolerance as displayed with the Edict of Nantes. Second spot would be Louis XIII as I think the country was governed well during his reign, especially by and thanks to Richelieu. Not for nothing that this was the age of the 3 Musketeers. Richelieu and Louis XIII set up the French Golden Age of the 17th Century.

House of Bonaparte: Napoléon III. I've made my thoughts on this clear to some in the past, but I'm a big fan of Napoléon III. He's my favourite French Monarch in the last 200 years of French monarchy. He ruled over what was essentially France's second Golden Age : the Second Empire. He really developed the country internally, made some good reforms and developed the economy, all while encouraging fine arts and architecture and showing a strong interest in French History and archeology.

House of Orléans: Louis-Philippe by default
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies