MN-SEN 2024 megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:37:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MN-SEN 2024 megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: MN-SEN 2024 megathread  (Read 1959 times)
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2023, 11:38:33 PM »

As for the Senate race it's been real quiet. So far as far as I know no Republican has even come forward as even looking at the race. The only name I have seen floated is failed Governor candidate Scott Jensen but I think that is mostly wishful thinking by Democrats and dooming by Republicans.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2023, 12:44:09 AM »

Klobuchar is just gonna keep winning big because no one serious ever runs against her. Despite the trends I still think she's going to win by like 15-20 points.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2023, 08:59:54 AM »

Klobuchar is just gonna keep winning big because no one serious ever runs against her. Despite the trends I still think she's going to win by like 15-20 points.

She's definitely going to win fair and square, though I'm fully expecting a decrease of her margin and vote share compared to 2018, which was also a decrease from 2012, which was her best result at 65%. Unless the R-candidate is Mastriano-level bad, I see an outcome like 55-42% as plausible.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2023, 09:01:30 AM »

She's definitely going to win fair and square, though I'm fully expecting a decrease of her margin and vote share compared to 2018, which was also a decrease from 2012, which was her best result at 65%. Unless the R-candidate is Mastriano-level bad, I see an outcome like 55-42% as plausible.
Her GOP opponent is guaranteed to make a net increase in counties won at least.
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2023, 01:22:22 PM »

Her first run she faced 3 term congressman Mark Kennedy who was considered a top tier recruit. Of course 2006 was a good year for Democrats and even better for Klobuchar and she won by 20.
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2023, 02:06:07 PM »

* Bump

Well it's the end 0f 2023, less than 2 months before MN precinct caucuses, and Republicans still do not have a serious candidate. In theory Republicans have until the early June filing deadline to find a real candidate but given the importance that is normally placed on the caucus/convention endorsement any C list or better candidate would be in by now. There will be someone on the ballot against Klobuchar but I highly doubt it is someone of substance.
Fancyarcher
United States
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2023, 02:19:46 PM »

* Bump

Well it's the end 0f 2023, less than 2 months before MN precinct caucuses, and Republicans still do not have a serious candidate. In theory Republicans have until the early June filing deadline to find a real candidate but given the importance that is normally placed on the caucus/convention endorsement any C list or better candidate would be in by now. There will be someone on the ballot against Klobuchar but I highly doubt it is someone of substance.

There's really no denying at this point, that Klobuchar is going to substantially lose a lot of her crossover support even against a sacrificial lamb. Both Schumer and Wyden saw a lot of counties swing against them in 2022 despite their candidates being considered jokes for example, still she's not in any danger either. About a 14 point win seems realistic.
JMT

« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2023, 02:47:06 PM »

I totally forgot Klobuchar was up for reelection this year.

I do wonder who the GOP will nominate. Based on Wikipedia, it looks like the only candidate of note may be Royce White, who I guess is a former professional basketball player (I’m not a sports person, so I’ve never heard of him).
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2023, 03:03:08 PM »

I do wonder who the GOP will nominate. Based on Wikipedia, it looks like the only candidate of note may be Royce White, who I guess is a former professional basketball player (I’m not a sports person, so I’ve never heard of him).

Royce White is a former NBA player who is also certifiably nuts. He pushes every far right conspiracy, has been a guest on the Alex Jones show and was endorsed by Steve Bannon in his failed run in MN-05 in 2022 when he lost in the Rep primary.
JMT

« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2023, 03:20:35 PM »

Royce White is a former NBA player who is also certifiably nuts. He pushes every far right conspiracy, has been a guest on the Alex Jones show and was endorsed by Steve Bannon in his failed run in MN-05 in 2022 when he lost in the Rep primary.

Sounds like he’d fit right in with today’s GOP, then!
JMT

« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2024, 08:46:23 AM »

Still safe Klobuchar, but this guy seems like a decent recruit for Republicans:

Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2024, 08:54:13 AM »

LOL just beat me to it on a thread that has dormant for a month. Fraser at least doesn't appear to be an embarrassing gadfly like the rest of the Republican field. Still safe D though.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies