So the last composition of the court lasted for 3 years
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:38:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  So the last composition of the court lasted for 3 years
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: So the last composition of the court lasted for 3 years  (Read 460 times)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 08, 2022, 02:06:31 PM »

Gass,BK,ilikeverin,Pit and myself have been the same SC team for the last 3 years. A record on his own.

While BK's skills will be missed, I'm very happy that sestak has joined the supreme court. I'm sure he's going to be a justice very similar to BK.

A Big thank to Cao for not having obstructed this nomination like the Northern legislature did it with BK three years ago.

If anyone has any questions about the supreme court, now it is the time.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2022, 02:10:51 PM »

like the Northern legislature did it with BK three years ago.

Oh, do tell…
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2022, 02:56:13 PM »

The three year length of the composition is as long as the next two longest lasting courts combined; no other composition has even lasted two!

My own confirmation is only the third to occur during my tenure in the game after PiT's and BK's; three of my new colleagues were serving when I first joined the game. Really remarkable how stable the Court has been post-reset (especially when you consider that the increase in size would usually lead to more turnover, not less).
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2022, 03:12:53 PM »

A Big thank to Cao for not having obstructed this nomination like the Northern legislature did it with BK three years ago.

Fully agreed, the President deserves credit for not making the partisan choice but the right choice, and we have a Supreme Court that we can all respect for their fairness and professionalism. Sestak will undoubtedly make a great Justice.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2022, 05:34:43 PM »

I'm glad we were able to come together as a region and with the presidency with a broadly acceptable nominee that deserves the extreme trust of a lifetime appointment.

I think the process followed by the LGC can also be an example for others to look at, Including any RL politicians lurking around. We showed you can reject an unfit choice (Dave) and still move on to a confirmable choice in a timely fashion.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2022, 11:25:16 AM »

Well,
The fed minority filibustered it and they didn't even give a reason for doing that...
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2022, 03:29:01 AM »

I was also rejected on the grounds of being too partisan! But then re-appointed and got through.

Ironically my biggest case in the court was disagreeing with WJ about Labor and whether the party had been abolished- I was such a bad judge that I can’t remember what our ruling was or why I made it, but I remember being right!
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2022, 08:39:37 PM »

Taking a moment to officially welcome Sestak to the Court! (Also, I notice that this board has really slowed down these days.)
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies