Chilean Elections and General Discussion. Municipal and Regional elections, October 27th, 2024 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:06:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Chilean Elections and General Discussion. Municipal and Regional elections, October 27th, 2024 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which list would you vote for?
Unidad para Chile (AD-PS-PL, left-wing)

Todo por Chile (PPD-DC-PR, centre-left)

Partido de la Gente (populism)

Chile Seguro (Chile Vamos, right-wing)

Partido Republicano (Far right)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 25

Author Topic: Chilean Elections and General Discussion. Municipal and Regional elections, October 27th, 2024  (Read 16619 times)
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: December 12, 2022, 04:31:58 PM »
« edited: December 12, 2022, 04:57:09 PM by H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY »

An agreement has been reached! Took over 100 days of talks, but apparently a blueprint for the new constituent process is due to be released within half an hour or so.

Rumor has it that it will be a "Constitutional Council" (name unconfirmed), fully elected, 50 members, using the electoral system for the Senate (open list D'Hondt, between 2-5 per region); which will work alongside 24 designated experts - appointed by Congress - that will have some sort of overseer role, preparing a constitutional project that the Council will then revise and work on. There's talk of a 3/5's quorum, it's not entirely clear yet how powerful the 24 experts will be in regards to the final text.

I was rather despairing of the deadlock, so if confirmed, great news.

There will also be indigenous seats with the number based on turnout and electoral lists alternating by gender, and it seems like the quorum in the “Council” will be 3/5.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2022, 01:32:55 PM »

Pueblo = left, gente = right (see also Uruguay’s Partido de la Gente, which has been sometimes amusingly translated as “Party of the Folk”). Got it.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2023, 03:51:26 PM »

All of the left kowtowed to Boric, perhaps the most disgusting person in Latin American politics today, and you expect people to just accept that even with a massive decline in living standards and government that is a diet Piñera administration?

You defended this even with massive warning early on of the massive risk of tying yourself to the BoBo.

Yes PSOL, I know you'd rather had my mum being in prison for being a communist like Kast proposed in his platform, than you very much for your deep insight.

He criticized Boric though, didn’t defend Kast?Huh? The left didn’t necessarily had to support Boric from the start, they could’ve nominated Jadue, for instance.

It’s crazy how Chileans don’t even have bipartisan system but somehow act like they have one. Kast being awful doesn’t make Boric great.

Come on. He called Boric “the most disgusting person in Latin American politics”. If you think a milquetoast guy with some disreputable friends is worse than open fascists, you don’t have your head on straight.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2023, 05:13:18 PM »

All of the left kowtowed to Boric, perhaps the most disgusting person in Latin American politics today, and you expect people to just accept that even with a massive decline in living standards and government that is a diet Piñera administration?

You defended this even with massive warning early on of the massive risk of tying yourself to the BoBo.

Yes PSOL, I know you'd rather had my mum being in prison for being a communist like Kast proposed in his platform, than you very much for your deep insight.

He criticized Boric though, didn’t defend Kast?Huh? The left didn’t necessarily had to support Boric from the start, they could’ve nominated Jadue, for instance.

It’s crazy how Chileans don’t even have bipartisan system but somehow act like they have one. Kast being awful doesn’t make Boric great.

Come on. He called Boric “the most disgusting person in Latin American politics”. If you think a milquetoast guy with some disreputable friends is worse than open fascists, you don’t have your head on straight.

In power is what I understood, alongside a bit of hyperbole. Between current leaderships, Boric is alongside Lacalle Pou in Uruguay to me, but at least Lacalle Pou was expected lol

Milei if elected, soon undisputedly gets that title though.

Lula and AMLO are easily my faves.

Sure, okay. Boric is worse than Dina Boluarte? I hate Castillo too but I wouldn’t go that far. Worse than Bukele? Alberto Fernández? Worse than any of the faceless conservatives in the region? Ortega? Maduro?

Liberals and leftists hating each other more than fascists is so silly.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies