Chilean Elections and General Discussion. Municipal and Regional elections, October 27th, 2024 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:23:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Chilean Elections and General Discussion. Municipal and Regional elections, October 27th, 2024 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which list would you vote for?
Unidad para Chile (AD-PS-PL, left-wing)

Todo por Chile (PPD-DC-PR, centre-left)

Partido de la Gente (populism)

Chile Seguro (Chile Vamos, right-wing)

Partido Republicano (Far right)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 25

Author Topic: Chilean Elections and General Discussion. Municipal and Regional elections, October 27th, 2024  (Read 16624 times)
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« on: November 03, 2022, 11:35:25 AM »

Also, before I forget again, the plebiscite results according to the socioeconomic estrata of the comunas (5 being poorer and 1 richer) Bear in mind that 2021 turnout seem to be switched up (richer comunas should have the higher rate of turnout)

Overall, Approve lost more relative to Boric in the middle classes while holding slightly better with lower and upper clases. Approve had the hardest loss in the third quintile with -21,2% while "only" losing -17,6% among the rich and -15,2% among the poor. All this with wildly different turnout product of compulsory voting. The terror campaign appears to have been more effective on the middle classes that felt that had more to lose (as in, actually having homes that the evil communist were going to expropriate)

Also, keep in mind that in Chile the usual voting patterns are an inverted U, with the left being stronger with the middle class, so this lineal pattern is unusual.

If I'm reading this data right, the richest people in Chile had lower turnout than average? That's fascinating. I'm not aware of any country where that's the case.
That's also the case in india, voting turnout among the upper-class is extremely low. Anecdotally neither of my parents have ever voted in an indian general election despite my dad being about as obsessed with politics as me.
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2023, 10:14:30 AM »

What are the main proposals of the new counstition ?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies