Did you know that Eisenhower was a master assasin of foreign leaders?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 08:28:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Did you know that Eisenhower was a master assasin of foreign leaders?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Did you know that Eisenhower was a master assasin of foreign leaders?  (Read 725 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 06, 2022, 10:38:21 AM »

In the sense he ordered a few killed. I found that out looking for an article as to why Putin has not been killed by a drone. He does appear outside. I wonder why Ukraine or somebody (I understand the US not doing it), has not gone for a precision drone kill (not just dropping a bunch of explosives). I thought maybe they are not reliable or accurate enough from a distance. But I did not find anything on that issue.

Anyway, if interested, here is the article. I did not know Ike was so bloodthirsty.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2022/03/13/presidents-ordered-assasinations-us-putin-00016568
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2022, 09:42:50 PM »

Eisenhower was among the most skilled and underrated (and arguably the most successful) manipulator of the 20th century as far as American presidents are concerned, so him being a stone-cold murderer who committed crimes and moral transgressions which completely belie his projected public/textbook persona does not surprise me too much. I do agree that he’s even harder to see through than the other manipulative personalities (esp. Johnson, FDR, and Reagan, in that order), however.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2022, 10:43:40 PM »

I assumed this was just part of the job of running The Great Hegemony, pretty much set in stone since The Monroe Doctrine. Especially in Ye Colde War Days.

Coulda' sworn the fact that 'ol Jimmeh once said, "We didn't fire a single bullet" is the remarkable thing here, not this.

FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2022, 11:55:29 AM »

I assumed this was just part of the job of running The Great Hegemony, pretty much set in stone since The Monroe Doctrine. Especially in Ye Colde War Days.

So much so that in the mid-70s backlash against the security state, Ford signed a moratorium on assassinations!
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2022, 10:19:57 PM »

So much so that in the mid-70s backlash against the security state, Ford signed a moratorium on assassinations!

Also quite remarkable.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2022, 01:05:46 AM »

A bunch of al-Qaeda and ISIS leaders along with Qassim Suleimani are all going “what the hell man?!” from beyond the grave.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2022, 01:16:14 AM »

A bunch of al-Qaeda and ISIS leaders along with Qassim Suleimani are all going “what the hell man?!” from beyond the grave.

Odd or not, it actually was a hurdle the early George W. Bush administration had to grapple with. IIRC, the eventual result was the legal innovation of "targeted killings". That said, I wanna say "assassinations" applied legally to heads of state, etc. and not necessarily terrorist leaders.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies