UK General Discussion: Rishecession (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:24:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  UK General Discussion: Rishecession (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: UK General Discussion: Rishecession  (Read 241973 times)
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« on: September 08, 2022, 11:53:03 AM »

Geez, watching the Beeb coverage is sobering.

Who was it who said that around a third of UK citizens have dreamed about the Queen? Just remembered that. Don't think there can be many more events as psychologically impactful as this one.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2022, 12:17:50 PM »

MP-specific anecdotes:
  • Chris Bryant was cracking very niche jokes about the specific biblical translations available, which seems on brand.
  • Tim Farron, also very on brand, takes the non-religious affirmation, quoting Matthew 5:37 ("let your yes be yes, and your no be no...") as his explanation.
  • Jim Shannon (DUP) snuck in some Ulster Scots, the only MP to do so
  • Naz Shah continued her personal tradition of wearing hijab to the swearing in (she doesn't in day-to-day life), reasoning that taking the oath is an act of prayer, and she would always wear a headscarf for that. Which is an interesting theological point I hadn't considered.

Ooh, any video available? BBC iPlayer won't work for me.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2023, 12:05:11 AM »

Updated for the new boundaries. If there are any errors you can see, let me know

Old parliamentary county, preserved county (Wales) and defunct region (Scotland) boundaries, where a seat crosses them are shown in '......'

I did this for as a good visual tool to familiarise yourself with geography in an otherwise cluttered map.

Opening the image in a new tab should give you a 'Paint' editable image.

EDIT: Amended.

Out of interest was this labeled with names? The image in the post isn't loading for me but the version in your gallery doesn't have labels.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2024, 12:49:45 AM »

In other local news, Transport for London have announced the names for the London Overground lines.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2024/feb/15/london-overground-new-names-and-colours-for-six-lines-revealed

The Liberty line isn't actually that bad a name.

Should've been the Goblin line (and Suffragette is a worthy commemoration but quite a mouthful compared to the others). All pretty unobjectionable otherwise.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies