UK General Discussion: Rishecession (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:50:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  UK General Discussion: Rishecession (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: UK General Discussion: Rishecession  (Read 241662 times)
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« on: September 06, 2022, 03:13:08 PM »

Has been very close to Truss in the past. They know each other well and have often discussed matters affecting the country and, also, I believe Uganda.

I see how they know each other well.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2022, 06:55:00 AM »

Ian Blackford standing down as SNP Westminster Party Leader.

There was a Times story about a leadership challenge a few weeks back, that both Blackford, and the alleged challenger (Stephen Flynn) both denied - but looks like they must have been into something.
Good riddence.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2023, 01:30:23 PM »

I’ve said all along this landslide talk was nonsense.

This is not a Blair like moment.

Especially with the baked in Tory advantage in the map with Scotland being SNP land now.

I’d say Labour a favorite for sure. But a Tory win more likely than a Labour landslide
(which is shocking when you look at what the Tories have done to the UK in recent years)
tl;dr a labour landslide is more likely than a tory win
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2023, 01:52:42 PM »

What kind of 18-24 person would vote Conservative, anyway? As things currently stand?
Also, out of curiosity how do evangelical Christians (and young evangelicals) vote? I presume Black and Asian evangelicals would vote for Labour but White ones would vote for the Tories but I'm curious since the evangelical population in the UK is tiny compared to the US and religion isn't prominent in public life in the UK.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2023, 03:32:30 PM »

Michael Matheson, Scotland’s Health Secretary is giving a personal statement in Holyrood, after the revelation that he claimed £11,000 worth of mobile data charges on expenses, while on a week-long holiday to Morocco.

After a week of ducking questions, he’s admitted that his ministerial iPad was used to stream football matches, incurring the charges.

He’s thrown his children under the bus, and said they watched Celtic matches (the Health Sec’s team, mind), on the device without his knowledge. This clumsily insulates him from claims he mislead parliament, when he claimed the £11,000 was incurred performing constituency business in Holyrood last week.

Even if his new story is true, we’re apparently supposed to be ok with the fact that a ministerial device was so poorly secured that two kids could unlock it and access football streaming services on it.
How is it possible to spend 11 grand on mobile data in a week?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies