UK General Discussion: Rishecession (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:34:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  UK General Discussion: Rishecession (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: UK General Discussion: Rishecession  (Read 241565 times)
Chickpeas
Rookie
United Kingdom

« on: September 06, 2022, 02:09:49 PM »

Brandon Lewis in as Justice Secretary. That's a role with a high turnover, he's the ninth person to hold the post since the Tories came to power in 2010. One former Justice Secretary being Liz Truss herself.   
Chickpeas
Rookie
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2023, 05:00:48 PM »

Looks like a reshuffle is on the cards for tomorrow.

Chickpeas
Rookie
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2023, 11:57:38 AM »

Interesting that Sunak has even named a new Deputy Prime Minister as he didn't have to. Even more surprising that it's Dowden. I wonder if Starmer will give the Deputy Prime Minister title to Angela Rayner if Labour win the next general election.

So yet another Justice Secretary and Lord Chancellor, I believe that we're now on the tenth one since the Conservatives came to power in 2010. Some high turnover in that department. They have to go through all the faff of a formal swearing-in ceremony each time as well.   
Chickpeas
Rookie
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2023, 06:38:42 AM »

Any chance that Sian Berry could be the Green candidate in Brighton Pavilion? I know she's London based but is a former leader of the party and has name recognition.

Did Caroline Lucas have any particular connection to Brighton prior to standing? 
Chickpeas
Rookie
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2023, 05:58:39 AM »

This was just a teaser reshuffle wasn't it? I thought Sunak was planning a more extensive one.
Chickpeas
Rookie
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2023, 08:22:02 PM »

He won his seat by a slim margin of only 1,000 votes in 2019, so he’s basically DOA next year.

I'm assuming he will stand down at the next election to avoid the humiliation and hope his grandee status as a former leader leads to the offering of a peerage in the dissolution honours.  
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies