UK General Discussion: Rishecession (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:21:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  UK General Discussion: Rishecession (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: UK General Discussion: Rishecession  (Read 241729 times)
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« on: September 06, 2022, 01:13:59 PM »

So I guess it's very likely we're not going to see another general election until the regular date some time in 2024?

Very unlikely. The Tories are trailing in the polls, so Truss won't be calling for a snap election. Especially since they have a comfortable majority in the House of Commons for now.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2022, 01:55:44 PM »

Will BoJo maintain his seat in parliament or is he going to resign? I almost can't imagine him becoming a backbencher like May.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2022, 02:14:53 PM »

Truss is already finished and the Tories are disarray. The UK needs a snap election and Tories in opposition.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2022, 01:31:08 PM »

#Toriesindisarray , part 1,456

Is it really likely this drama continues until the next regular election? Just end it and do snap election and let Starmer take over. The Tories are pretty much finished and need some time off in opposition.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2022, 12:43:39 PM »

That came really quickly, though not fully unexpected. BoJo returning to power would be absolutely hilarious!

Funny though is that despite her short tenure, Liz Truss had two different monarchs, which very few other prime ministers can claim.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2023, 02:44:15 PM »

Happy Third Anniversary, Brexit!

I'm sure it worked out just fine. Especially now that London has "taken back control" and they're "funding [our] NHS instead". Promises made, promises kept.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2023, 02:25:12 PM »

I was wondering whether Cameron was still a MP, though it seems he was appointed regardless and only the prime minister needs to be a member of parliament. Definitely interesting to bring him back, especially by holding a lower office than before.

Nonetheless, I think Sunak will face backlash over this cabinet reshuffle from the hardliners within his party. German media already writes that "the adults in the room are back" and Brexiters are increasingly mad. In a worst case scenario, the Tories won't complete the term and a snap election turns into a massive Labor landslide.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2023, 04:16:37 PM »

How is the vote of Sunak's asylum bill expected to go? If he loses, he's probably done.

All expectations are that he'll win - the rebels usually fold in the end.

There has been some odd briefing (if you believe Westminster's journalists, Sunak is both projecting confidence, and racing between a succession of one-to-one meetings with different rebels), but that's typical on a day like this.

It sounds like there'll be a number of abstentions, but not the 60 or so required to defeat the bill.

Bill passed 313-269, per German Tagesschau.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2024, 01:40:54 PM »

The King has been diagnosed with cancer. Although not prostate cancer, it was discovered during his recent operation. It is rather more serious this time, but I note that, once again, he is being very open about a subject about which the Palace has tended to be rather closed and that, whatever one's constitutional position, this is to be commended.

Terrible news. Gee, I hate cancer and hope I live to see the day human kind finally beats this horrible disease. Or at least that no diagnosis is a death sentence anymore and you can live a normal life with modest treatment like diabetis.

Wishing Charles all the best for a full and speedy recovery. While I'm not a fan of monarchies, I think he's a good man. Luckily he'll have access to the best medical treatment in the world.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2024, 02:31:42 PM »

Out of curiosity, why does the British press hate Megan Markle so much?

I wonder whether racism is at least a part of it. Or because she's not originally British?
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2024, 02:26:12 PM »

I just wonder if Kate indeed edited the picture, why did she assume nobody would notice? If it wasn't her, the guys running her social media aren't worth their money.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2024, 03:02:50 PM »

Oof, that's shocking. Wish her all the best, just like the king.

Damn, cancer is really an effing a-hole. I hope we'll have much more effective treatments available soon. So that at least no diagnosis is a death sentence anymore. At the very least for people under 85.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies