MI (EPIC/MRA): Whitmer +11
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:33:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2022 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  MI (EPIC/MRA): Whitmer +11
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MI (EPIC/MRA): Whitmer +11  (Read 651 times)
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 26, 2022, 07:19:20 AM »

RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2022, 07:33:09 AM »

I know I've been pretty negative about this race and things in general but now I'm convinced Whitmer is favored. Dixon, unlike the other gop candidates for gov can't hide behind her views on abortion because of the ballot initiative
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2022, 07:55:50 AM »

I am once again asking pollsters to:

1) not include "fair" as an option for approval, please just do approve or disapprove.
2) if you include fair, do not necessarily lump it in with "poor". Fair and poor are two completely differently things, and you could argue Fair could belong in positive OR negative territory based on why the person chose that
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2022, 08:04:11 AM »

This is one of the weakest polls for Whitmer and she’s still at 50.

Those Biden approvals though… damn. We might see the largest gap ever in a midterm between presidential approval rating and how much people actually vote for the president’s party.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2022, 08:08:36 AM »

Not saying this will happen but imagine Gov Whitmer sos Karamo and AG DePerno. Lord.....
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2022, 08:15:56 AM »

1) not include "fair" as an option for approval, please just do approve or disapprove.
2) if you include fair, do not necessarily lump it in with "poor". Fair and poor are two completely differently things, and you could argue Fair could belong in positive OR negative territory based on why the person chose that

A rule-of-thumb I saw a few years ago from one of the political pundits was that "fair" should be divided into 1/3 approve, 2/3 disapprove.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2022, 08:18:07 AM »

A rule-of-thumb I saw a few years ago from one of the political pundits was that "fair" should be divided into 1/3 approve, 2/3 disapprove.

That seems fair (ha). Obviously Biden is not at -39 approval in MI, and I think the poll loses credibility when it does stuff like that.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2022, 08:28:59 AM »

That seems fair (ha). Obviously Biden is not at -39 approval in MI, and I think the poll loses credibility when it does stuff like that.

Yeah, even I might say Biden is doing a “fair” job if polled and I would mean that more approve than disapprove. It’s a “poor” word for polling.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2022, 08:35:51 AM »

Hold on folks, blue wave incoming!
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2022, 08:43:54 AM »

Ugh, that is a very weird poll. Approvals and Whitmer's lead don't line up, especially Biden's. I find it hard believe he's that much underwater in MI, especially since his overall numbers improved.

That said, still speaks volumes Dixon does still that poorly. A 11 pt. victory is possibly the most we can get here and I think it will be about half that margin in the end. Dixon will for sure get more than 40%.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2022, 09:03:14 AM »

Ugh, that is a very weird poll. Approvals and Whitmer's lead don't line up, especially Biden's. I find it hard believe he's that much underwater in MI, especially since his overall numbers improved.

That said, still speaks volumes Dixon does still that poorly. A 11 pt. victory is possibly the most we can get here and I think it will be about half that margin in the end. Dixon will for sure get more than 40%.

Biden's approval - and I assume Whitmers as well - are affected by the pollster using words like 'fair' and 'poor' for approval instead of standard approve/disapprove (with lumping 'fair' into the 'disapprove' category)
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2022, 10:09:06 AM »

The abortion referendum is polling at 67% support in this poll.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2022, 05:38:23 PM »

The Trafalgar poll is probably closer to what will be the actual result, but the point still stands, as has been evident from all polls so far, that Whitmer is favored by quite a bit and Dixon doesn't seem to have the political abilities to catch up to her.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2022, 10:35:35 PM »

Yeah, when I glanced at it I was wondering how Biden's numbers could possibly be that bad here.
Duke of York

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2022, 08:51:37 AM »

Not saying this will happen but imagine Gov Whitmer sos Karamo and AG DePerno. Lord.....

It seems very unlikely that would occur.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2022, 08:58:06 AM »

It seems very unlikely that would occur.

Esp given that somehow, the two of them are even worse than Dixon.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2022, 03:25:45 PM »

I don't know why everyone thinks these Michigan polls are significantly over-estimating Whitmer. In 2018, the polls said she would win by high single digits and then she won by high single digits.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies