SB 110-23: Streets to Schools Act of 2022 (Debating) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:02:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SB 110-23: Streets to Schools Act of 2022 (Debating) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SB 110-23: Streets to Schools Act of 2022 (Debating)  (Read 1226 times)
RC (a la Frémont)
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: -6.96

P P P

« on: August 26, 2022, 10:26:57 AM »

As no one has spoken on the bill yet, I will give a full justification for its existence. The opportunities for lower income Atlasians to gain socioeconomic monility are unfortunately few and far between. Many take to the streets in desperation, turning to gangs and committing crimes including drug trafficking. This bill aims to take a sizable portion of our less fortunate population and give them an economic opportunity for the future in exchange for product that is illegally peddled in our streets.

The working theory is that if given the opportunity of higher education, those who have fallen to dangerous street work will take said opportunity to make a better living for themselves and their family. This sociological approach would target to decrease both the rising population of street gangs but also drug trafficking and in turn prison populations. This is not intended to be a free handout, but a mutually agreed upon deal to both keep our streets clean and our young citizens on the right path for legitimate success in life.

I yield with the note that I will field any questions directed to me.
RC (a la Frémont)
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2022, 05:37:11 PM »

I am uncertain what C+ indicates here since + isn't used in my university's grading scales. Maybe it would be better to replace that with 75% average instead?
I appreciate your concerns, Senator. I want a priority for this bill to keep a high water mark for those given this opportunity. I believe that can be a simple fix for the confusion as any letter grade can be feasibly converted into a number grade, however, 75% might be slightly too low. Would you agree that 78% would be closer to a C+ as an aggregate?
RC (a la Frémont)
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2022, 01:35:40 AM »

There are eighteen people in this body and not one of them appears to have noticed they dropped the ball on the funding section. Tongue
To be fair it was a lame duck session but jeez, not a good start for this session.
RC (a la Frémont)
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2022, 02:25:26 PM »

I think this is fully salvageable if we pass it and Cao just vetoes and redrafts with a funding amount. No need to go through the whole process again because this is a very good bill with a hole we forgot to fix
Yeah, I'll be sure to resubmit immediately, easy fix.
RC (a la Frémont)
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2022, 10:35:27 PM »

*checks watch*
RC (a la Frémont)
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2022, 10:24:45 AM »

I accept the redraft.
RC (a la Frémont)
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2022, 05:15:40 PM »

Been busy so I just saw this. Just wanted to say it means a lot to have popular and bipartisan support for this legislation. I think this is going to help many citizens who otherwise wouldn't have an opportunity to advance their education. Happy to see this come through.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies