Alben Barkley vs MTTreasurer
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:06:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community
  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Alben Barkley vs MTTreasurer
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Alben Barkley vs MTTreasurer  (Read 769 times)
Blow by blow, the passion dies
LeonelBrizola
YaBB God
Brazil

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 20, 2022, 08:44:07 PM »

A long time ago, Barkley wrote a long reply to the Montanan guy's take on George W. Bush being the Republican nominee in 1996, mocking him for that comment and thinking Matt Bevin would defeat Andy Beshear.

Discuss with maps
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2022, 11:46:29 PM »

Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2022, 12:07:35 AM »
« Edited: August 21, 2022, 12:14:23 AM by Goldwater »

I would vote for Alben Barkley, pretty easily. I can't really think of many political issues that I'm closer to MTTreasurer's views on.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2022, 07:24:42 AM »

....nope.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2022, 04:26:41 PM »

MT treasurer would win it, but it would be close.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2022, 06:48:41 PM »
« Edited: August 22, 2022, 05:22:17 PM by Progressive Pessimist »

I like MTTreasurer. But I can't vote for him because I don't know his views on anything. I know that he is a Republican but he mostly posts here for electoral analysis and doesn't wade much into ideological discussion, for better and worse.

So Barkley wins by default, even as he is one of the red avatars who I am probably the least in-step with though still probably agree with at least 80% of the time nonetheless.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2022, 08:56:02 AM »

I'd vote for Alben Barkley.

Election 4 prez would be a pure tossup, imho. Though both may have issues with rallying the base, neutralizing each other. Both would have solid backing from the party establishments though.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2022, 03:57:52 PM »

I like MTTreasurer. But I can't vote for him because I don't know his views on anything. I know that he is a Republican but he mostly posts here for electoral analysis and doesn't wade much into ideological discussion, for better and worse.

This. I mean I don't necessarily agree with his political analysis, but that's all we know about him politically. Sometimes he posts about his actual political/ideological beliefs, but most of the time I'm genuinely unsure if he's being serious or if it's satire. Does seem to be a smidge more pragmatic, and a genuine fan of Gianforte/Daines (as well as supportive of the concept that people should vote intelligently and based on their political views rather than 'image' - as supported by how he gets riled up by MT voting for Jon Tester despite Tester, at the end of the day, being a party-line D vote on most things...unlike Manchinema - which is ironic, given that his own political views remains somewhat mysterious).

But I would vote for Alben since he's largely very politically agreeable (except on a few certain issues like guns, and even there, he's not without a point worth considering - that the gun cult is never giving up their guns anyway, so we need to work with that reality instead of pushing idealist policies that sadly can never be effectively implemented in practice) and he's a MASSIVE FF (despite, or rather partly because of, standing up to the woke left and earning their ire - I'm not the kind of person who'd vote for Alben *because* he pisses off woke Democrats, but logically, because of what that really means about his own political views - anti-woke - that's a plus).
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2022, 11:05:46 AM »

This. I mean I don't necessarily agree with his political analysis, but that's all we know about him politically. Sometimes he posts about his actual political/ideological beliefs, but most of the time I'm genuinely unsure if he's being serious or if it's satire. Does seem to be a smidge more pragmatic, and a genuine fan of Gianforte/Daines (as well as supportive of the concept that people should vote intelligently and based on their political views rather than 'image' - as supported by how he gets riled up by MT voting for Jon Tester despite Tester, at the end of the day, being a party-line D vote on most things...unlike Manchinema - which is ironic, given that his own political views remains somewhat mysterious).

But I would vote for Alben since he's largely very politically agreeable (except on a few certain issues like guns, and even there, he's not without a point worth considering - that the gun cult is never giving up their guns anyway, so we need to work with that reality instead of pushing idealist policies that sadly can never be effectively implemented in practice) and he's a MASSIVE FF (despite, or rather partly because of, standing up to the woke left and earning their ire - I'm not the kind of person who'd vote for Alben *because* he pisses off woke Democrats, but logically, because of what that really means about his own political views - anti-woke - that's a plus).
His foreign policy is like Hawley/Vance/Rand Paul
His economic policy is idk
Socially conservative
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.35

P P
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2022, 11:46:40 AM »

I'd much rather have a beer with Alben, but my vote would be for the Treasurer.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2022, 04:37:43 AM »

Spectator
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2022, 11:29:28 AM »

New Hampshire might be the bluest state in the country in this matchup lol
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.35

P P
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2022, 04:12:10 PM »

New Hampshire might be the bluest state in the country in this matchup lol
Plot twist: the women are angry. They're angry at him.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2022, 08:58:59 PM »

Alben.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »