Special Presidential Announcement (and VP announcement)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:27:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Special Presidential Announcement (and VP announcement)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Special Presidential Announcement (and VP announcement)  (Read 707 times)
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 14, 2007, 02:31:13 AM »
« edited: August 10, 2012, 11:21:57 AM by TheWildCard »

BREAKING NEWS

Reporter: Former Governor, Chairman, Pacific Cheif Justice and one of Atlasia's founding father's WildCard is about to make an announcement. Let's listen in.

My fellow Atlasians, as many of you know our great nation is in a state of decline. Today I am taking a major step to change that. We have a truly diverse and massive slate of candidates running in this Presidential election but few have showcased any solution to the problems that plague Atlasia. Today I hereby throw my hat in the ring to seek the Presidency of our great nation and put forth a solution that will help our country a great deal.

I've been a part of Atlasian politics for three years now, essentially since the beginning, I've seen the worst of our nation such as inactivity, rebellion and trolling, but I have also seen Atlasia at its best, competeitive elections, fun entertaining races,  friendships being made and the nation being raised to new hieghts by its great people.

My plan for Atlasia is simple, no new complex form of government, new and returning citizens do not need to be confused by a complex system. All we need is to step up the speed of things by cutting back the down time between elections. This will give new comers a better opprtunity to just jump right in and be a part of our truly great political system.

I am also proud to announce my running mate. He is a truly great Atlasian who has contributed a great deal to our nation.

Together with our experience we can and will restore Atlasia and with you, the great citizens of Atlasia, by our side we will make Atlasia great once again!

Thank you all and God bless Atlasia!
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 07:38:58 AM »

You have my full support. Smiley
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 08:43:47 AM »

You had my full support...until the VP choice was revealed. Still a high preference, maybe even first depending on how the campaign goes.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2007, 10:24:24 AM »

All we need is to step up the speed of things by cutting back the down time between elections.

What exactly are the various new terms of office that you hope to implement?
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2007, 11:47:20 AM »
« Edited: January 14, 2007, 11:59:26 AM by Senator Colin Wixted »

Oh yes since the Senate can barely get anything passed in four months lets trying making the Senates even shorter. Great idea Wildcard, now we'll be voting on things from four Senates ago instead of only two. Wink
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2007, 12:25:14 PM »

All we need is to step up the speed of things by cutting back the down time between elections.

What exactly are the various new terms of office that you hope to implement?

I would like to cut the time between elections in half.

Oh yes since the Senate can barely get anything passed in four months lets trying making the Senates even shorter. Great idea Wildcard, now we'll be voting on things from four Senates ago instead of only two. Wink

101 statutes since the 8th congress shows how ineffective the Senate is! The fact of the matter is thats still a lot of stuff for a new comer to go through.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2007, 02:44:17 PM »

Thanks for the announcement, Wildcard.  It is a pleasure to be your running-mate for the February elections. 

As VP, I promise to be as competent as I was as Senator.  I also promise to be the President's right-hand man and I promise to be prepared to step into the position of President if need be.  Wildcard and I have differences in terms of what is best for Atlasia, but basically we are in unison that the Third Constitution is a bad idea that will only weaken Atlasia and might finally kill her off for good.

I am sure that my announcement as VP will gain some preferences and lose others.  That is understandable.  For those of you whom this ticket loses preferences, I ask you to look at the whole of the ticket and what it can provide for Atlasia.  I ask you to look at our ideas and our plans and not judge us by personal vendettas that have crept up in the past. 

For those you whom this ticket gains preferences, I ask you to make the same critical determination.  Examine the ticket.  Examine the ideas and plans.  Make sure that those ideas and plans back what you wish to see from the executive in this country.  Don't be afraid to ask questions of us either.

And finally, for the Southeast.  Obviously, if this ticket survives the typical dissolutions of Presidential tickets that are common in Atlasia, I will not be running for Governor.  But since we are not at that point yet, I will leave my options open at present.  And rest assured, the elections will run fine and there is much work to do in the month or so left.

Thank you.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2007, 06:04:03 PM »

After carefully examining the ticket, I am surprised to find "Sam Spade" upon it, and am thus obliged to give it my last preference, underneath even Naso.  My most sincere apologies, WildCard Sad 
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2007, 09:48:21 PM »

I am also proud to announce my running mate. He is a truly great Atlasian who has contributed a great deal to our nation. He is Governor Sam Spade!

Interesting fact of the day: Sam Spade lost a Lt. Governor election to Naso.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2007, 09:48:52 PM »

There are too many good people running this time!  You guys aren't making it real easy for me to decide Sad

Smiley
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2007, 10:19:39 PM »

I am also proud to announce my running mate. He is a truly great Atlasian who has contributed a great deal to our nation. He is Governor Sam Spade!

I voted for Naso in that 8-7 race, and it a huge mistake. Sam was kind of full of himself and a bit rude after he quit the GM job, and I felt Naso should get another chance to prove himself... it was LT gov after all. But Sam has been one of the very best Senators, the very best party leaders, the very best GMs in Atlasia, and is off to a great start as governor. The fact that he lost one election in the SE is nothing compared to the positive things he's done with the offices he did win.

I'm glad your petty little statement reminded me of all this, Jesus.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2007, 10:59:57 PM »

Second interesting fact of the day:  The only other person to lose an election to Naso was Nym90, the first President of Atlasia.

Good company to keep, imho.  Tongue
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2007, 11:01:44 PM »

I am uncertain whom to support, but regardless -this is a very good choice.   
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies