FL-UNFL: Demings + 4
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:26:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2022 Senate & House Election Polls
  FL-UNFL: Demings + 4
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: FL-UNFL: Demings + 4  (Read 2715 times)
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: August 17, 2022, 02:19:41 PM »

I am not sure. There seems to be a sizable Anti-Washington Electorate out there. Voters are fed up with this Town called Washington D. C. no matter if you are a Republican, Democrat or Independent.

Congress has an almost 80 % Disapproval.
That's been the case for decades, but remember that there are tons of people who disapprove of Congress as a whole but approve of their individual congressperson.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #76 on: August 17, 2022, 02:23:14 PM »

Everyone is somewhat afraid to say this, but the consistent theme here in state after state is polling indicating a historic Democratic tidal wave in November. It can’t just be "candidate quality" if it’s Schmitt, Rubio, Budd, Schmidt, Laxalt, Lombardo, etc. all struggling and races where a Republican is actually in the lead being few and far between.

Pretty clear that there’s going to be history written this November. Either this will be the best midterm election for the President's party since 1934 or the worst performance in American history for the polling industry. It’s your choice.

I will agree with this if the polls say this in October, it's August. Democrats could be leading now, but the election is in months.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #77 on: August 17, 2022, 02:49:14 PM »

Everyone is somewhat afraid to say this, but the consistent theme here in state after state is polling indicating a historic Democratic tidal wave in November. It can’t just be "candidate quality" if it’s Schmitt, Rubio, Budd, Schmidt, Laxalt, Lombardo, etc. all struggling and races where a Republican is actually in the lead being few and far between.

Pretty clear that there’s going to be history written this November. Either this will be the best midterm election for the President's party since 1934 or the worst performance in American history for the polling industry. It’s your choice.

Idk, we saw plenty of flawed Republican Senate candidates underperform the rest of the ticket in years past. It’s not completely out of the question. Florida and Wisconsin, I agree, are likely R wins.

Sure, that would explain races like PA, where I don’t doubt that Oz will trail a generic R by a noticeable margin. But what about races with more generic Republican candidates, who have also been struggling and whose underperformances have been comparable to Oz's in some cases — FL, NC, MO, NV, even IA, etc.?

I’m not asking this to mock, it’s a genuine question/observation. It can’t just be that every Republican candidate is extremist or weak. I’m also wondering why they’re all performing so much worse than even Donald Trump in 2020? How are they even more unacceptable to the electorate than Donald Trump himself? So many questions...
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #78 on: August 17, 2022, 02:50:39 PM »

Idk, we saw plenty of flawed Republican Senate candidates underperform the rest of the ticket in years past. It’s not completely out of the question. Florida and Wisconsin, I agree, are likely R wins.

Sure, that would explain races like PA, where I don’t doubt that Oz will trail a generic R by a noticeable margin. But what about races with more generic Republican candidates, who have also been struggling and whose underperformances have been comparable to Oz's in some cases — FL, NC, MO, NV, even IA, etc.?

I’m not asking this to mock, it’s a genuine question/observation. It can’t just be that every Republican candidate is extremist or weak. I’m also wondering why they’re all performing so much worse than even Donald Trump in 2020? How are they even more unacceptable to the electorate than Donald Trump himself? So many questions...

I mean, that was also pre-insurrection, pre-Dobbs, pre-FBI raid, etc. A lot has happened since 2020 to turn people even more off from Trump, especially the ones in nearly every swing state who continue to egregiously align themselves with him and his lies.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #79 on: August 17, 2022, 04:02:00 PM »
« Edited: August 17, 2022, 04:11:23 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

We're getting conflicting polls just like in NC some polls have Budd up and some have Beasley up and some have Demings up and some have Rubio I think it's more likely we get 54 Seats and 1 of them wins than both but it's possible both win, Rubio is Latino and takes away Blk and Brown advantage, but FL was only R plus 3 in 2020

It's probably gonna be Ryan, Beasly than Demings because Rubio is Latino but Rs don't want that they want to take over Sen and anything over 52 seats won't get them to majority in 24 because they need us to be stuck at 52 so they can win MT,WV and OH in 24 but Ryan and Beasley are probably gonna win

Vance is gonna get stuck like Renacci did with 1 percent off Blk vote but DeWine does better and got 6 percent last time I am blk myself we like Ryan, Brown and Strickland, Strickland would of won this seat but he made a Gaffe and said Scalia death is good for America but Vance is tea party and PORTMAN isnt 2016

Strickland won 90 percent of Blk vote in both 2006/2010 in his run for Gov but Kasich did much better with white females than a typical R in 2010 and Strickland endorsed Ryan'
Spectator
United States

« Reply #80 on: August 19, 2022, 08:03:20 AM »

I haven’t seen any general election polls of Missouri and Iowa, and Budd seems to be doing about as well as a Republican in North Carolina typically does in polling. Id be shocked if Grassley and Schmitt didn’t win by 20 points or more. I think he’ll win by the typical closeish margin Republicans seem to enjoy there against anyone except Roy Cooper.

As for Nevada, I don’t think Laxalt himself is strong. He just looks good compared to the sh**t shows that are Oz, Masters, Walker, and even Vance (still expect Vance to win). Laxalt barely won by 1% in 2014 when every other Republican was demolishing their Dem opponent on Brian Sandoval’s coattails.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #81 on: August 20, 2022, 01:27:08 PM »

Definitely the second and you’re a fool if you think the first.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies