Write it Down...Gore is going to win it all
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:14:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Write it Down...Gore is going to win it all
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Write it Down...Gore is going to win it all  (Read 3029 times)
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2007, 08:18:54 PM »

Gore did not win the election. He won the popular vote, which means he recieved more votes nationwide than Bush. But, he recieved less votes than Bush in the state of Florida, which gave Bush more electoral votes than Gore, and therefore, Bush won the Presidential Election as the constitution and electoral college states.

naso, more floridians intended to vote for gore than bush.  it just so happens, there were some impediments.

im not a gore fan.  but i also dont live in denial.

Bush won Florida, he won the electoral vote, he's a two-term President. It's done.

stupid hack.. if a republican won the popular vote and lose the electoral college you would be mad.. so go to hell

im sick of these rethugicans

Republicans always win the EV when they win  the PV.
cp
United Kingdom

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2007, 10:30:02 PM »

"I went with my mother to the polls on November 7, 2000 and she let me push in the ballot for Bush."

In more civilized places that counts as child abuse
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2007, 12:16:39 AM »

Alright... its a new "mypalfish" thread that we can keep bumping back up ever six months from here to eternity... that reminds me... I'm gonna go bump up that thread,
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2007, 01:52:18 AM »

Gore did not win the election. He won the popular vote, which means he recieved more votes nationwide than Bush. But, he recieved less votes than Bush in the state of Florida, which gave Bush more electoral votes than Gore, and therefore, Bush won the Presidential Election as the constitution and electoral college states.

naso, more floridians intended to vote for gore than bush.  it just so happens, there were some impediments.

im not a gore fan.  but i also dont live in denial.

Bush won Florida, he won the electoral vote, he's a two-term President. It's done.

sure, he legally won.

surprise, surprise.  the voting problems only plagued areas with high numbers of minorities and oldsters.  worked out convenient for bush, eh?

If they don't know how to accuratley push down a ballot...then they shouldn't vote. I went with my mother to the polls on November 7, 2000 and she let me push in the ballot for Bush. Clearly, if a 12 year old kid knew how, then the people in Florida should have known.

Well said. I did the same thing with my mom for Bush in '04.

so... your saying that you were smart enough in 2000 the know how to vote in Florida, now would you have been able to also re-register your name on voting day because it was "mistakenly" removed due to the fact that you live a historically democratic and minority area?
No one is argueing that the Florida voters are too stupid to figure out to vote (except for the whole Butterfly ballot fiasco), its more of a being disenfranchised

by the way, I realize I need to stop and forget 2000, leave it behind... its just really hard, it would have been easier if Bush had not turned out so bad
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2007, 03:37:59 AM »

Intelligence is a prerequisite for voting? Pardon me, but that sounds eerily similar to the arguments used for literacy tests back in the bad old days of the South.

In any event, as others have mentioned, intelligence has nothing to do with getting "mistakenly" removed from the voter rolls. The smartest person in the world can't overcome that obstacle to voting.

And yes, Bush did win by law. Just like O.J. Simpson is also innocent by law. Dwelling on the injustice doesn't really do any good in either case, and in these types of situations we do indeed have to move on, but at the same time we should never forget, lest these things happen again.

I'd love to see Gore run again, and I think he'd be a very strong candidate. I doubt he's going to run though, I honestly don't think he really wants to be President.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2007, 03:45:15 AM »

Intelligence is a prerequisite for voting? Pardon me, but that sounds eerily similar to the arguments used for literacy tests back in the bad old days of the South.

In any event, as others have mentioned, intelligence has nothing to do with getting "mistakenly" removed from the voter rolls. The smartest person in the world can't overcome that obstacle to voting.

And yes, Bush did win by law. Just like O.J. Simpson is also innocent by law. Dwelling on the injustice doesn't really do any good in either case, and in these types of situations we do indeed have to move on, but at the same time we should never forget, lest these things happen again.

I'd love to see Gore run again, and I think he'd be a very strong candidate. I doubt he's going to run though, I honestly don't think he really wants to be President.

Agreed, and I agree that we shouldn't dwell on the problems that have happened.  With that being said in order to prevent the problems of the past we have to address the issue and not pretend that it didn't exist or wasn't a problem as some people want to (ahem Naso)
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2007, 12:53:15 PM »

He'd make a formidable candidate if he just lost some weight and took a shower; he really let himself go after the 2000 debacle.  He can make a Nixon-esque comeback

ROFL!  You know, there is unfortunately a lot of truth in what you say.  Looks matter.  They shouldn't, but they do. 

Gore can still cut a fairly handsome figure but the paunch and the beard need to go.  I think, however, if he does dispatch these minor "blemishes", people will rememebr his paunchy, bearded phase with great affection.  So many of us fight the bulge...and what man hasn't wanted to rip off his tie and go native for six months?

It's just that -- for better or worse -- we don't want our President looking like that.  Frankly, Mike Huckabee (whose politics I hate) deserves more credit that ANY candidate in this regard.  He's done a magnificent job of losing weight and keeping it off.  But I still kinda like that he was a big boy for awhile.  Makes him more human.

I agree with everyone -- Gore runs, he wins.

And I do suspect Hillary might not run after all.  Interesting prediction.  Remind me to give you kudos when it comes true!  (I didn't have the stones to say so before someone else -- but I think your hunch is correct.)
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies