Write it Down...Gore is going to win it all
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:09:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Write it Down...Gore is going to win it all
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Write it Down...Gore is going to win it all  (Read 3030 times)
motomonkey
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 12, 2007, 01:29:04 PM »

Write it down.  You heard it here.  Lock it down, lead-pipe cinch.  Al Gore is going to run in 2008.  And what's more...he is going to win.

Why do I think so?

1.  He is already in the history books for winning the popular vote in 2000.  The Supreme Court had to decide the outcome.  Nobody comes that close can resist a 2nd try.
2.  He has gotten rich since then.  $50 million+.  In addition, he can raise money...big and fast.
3.  The public is not proud of their vote and support of Bush in 2000.   
4.  The public does not want a rookie in these trying times
5.  His global warming issue is the right issue at the right time
6.  He can win the Democratic nomination
7.  He can wait longer than anybody to announce because of his high name recognition and fund raising capacity. 
8.  He has the voice of an "outsider"with big time "insider" experience.  He has credibility with a majority of Americans.

I predict he will wait until the early entrants beat each other up a little and then announce, bring the party and the nation together. 

cp
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 01:40:49 PM »

From your lips to Al Gore's ears.

I'd be ecstatic with a Gore Presidency, which I think would be inevitable should he get the nomination.

But I don't think he can get the nomination. He's popular and relevant for sure, but he's also inconsistent. His image has changed a lot since 2000. There was a popular perception that he lost his mind (somehow evidenced by his growing of a beard and putting on weight) in 2001-2002. Then he became the anti-war guy, then the climate change guy. These last two aren't necessarily bad, but they make him more open to attacks, especially from fellow Democrats.

I also think that should he run, Hillary will do everything to destroy him. He'd bury Obama by taking away the momentum and star power (leaving Obama with little, really), but he'd face a lot of opposition from Hillary and her supporters. The longer he stays out, the longer Hillary has to consolidate to her advantage.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 01:42:38 PM »

Nobody comes that close can resist a 2nd try.

More relevant than the closeness is that he actually won. Check this out for some serious Bush campaign hypocrosity.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=18438.0
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2007, 01:50:50 PM »

ive been saying this for a while now.

but democrats obviously dont believe gore has the audacity of hope.

remember dems...when your little friend obama was working on municipal parking rules in the illinois state legislature, al gore was winning a presidential election.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2007, 02:02:30 PM »

Gore did not win the election. He won the popular vote, which means he recieved more votes nationwide than Bush. But, he recieved less votes than Bush in the state of Florida, which gave Bush more electoral votes than Gore, and therefore, Bush won the Presidential Election as the constitution and electoral college states.
Bay Ridge, Bklyn! Born and Bred
MikeyCNY

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: -4.87

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2007, 02:02:43 PM »

He'd make a formidable candidate if he just lost some weight and took a shower; he really let himself go after the 2000 debacle.  He can make a Nixon-esque comeback

My opinion, however, is that every presidential election cycle should usher in fresh, new faces.

And speaking of predictions, you wanna hear my prediction?  Hillary Clinton stuns the nation when she announces she won't seek the Dem nomination in 2008.  Pass it on.  Smiley
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2007, 02:06:17 PM »

Gore did not win the election. He won the popular vote, which means he recieved more votes nationwide than Bush. But, he recieved less votes than Bush in the state of Florida, which gave Bush more electoral votes than Gore, and therefore, Bush won the Presidential Election as the constitution and electoral college states.

naso, more floridians intended to vote for gore than bush.  it just so happens, there were some impediments.

im not a gore fan.  but i also dont live in denial.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2007, 02:09:09 PM »

naso, more floridians intended to vote for gore than bush.  it just so happens, there were some impediments.

Bush won Florida, he won the electoral vote, he's a two-term President. It's done.
motomonkey
Rookie

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2007, 02:09:52 PM »

Mikey,

I can actually see your prediction of Hillary making such an announcement.

No candidate has better intelligence, better polling or better advisors.  If they calculate she can't win, she won't run.  Her record on the war in Iraq is not good for Dem and no candidate fires up the right like Hillary. She on the way to Iraq right now, and I expect her to make a postion correcting announcement from Iraq in the next week.

WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2007, 02:10:56 PM »

Bush won Florida, he won the electoral vote, he's a two-term President. It's done.

sure, he legally won.

surprise, surprise.  the voting problems only plagued areas with high numbers of minorities and oldsters.  worked out convenient for bush, eh?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2007, 02:16:42 PM »

sure, he legally won.

surprise, surprise.  the voting problems only plagued areas with high numbers of minorities and oldsters.  worked out convenient for bush, eh?

If they don't know how to accuratley push down a ballot...then they shouldn't vote. I went with my mother to the polls on November 7, 2000 and she let me push in the ballot for Bush. Clearly, if a 12 year old kid knew how, then the people in Florida should have known.
Reignman

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.65

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2007, 02:41:38 PM »

what the hell.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2007, 03:11:04 PM »

Gore could certainly be a top contender if he were to run.  But I've seen nothing that leads me to believe that he's going to run.  In order to be elected president, you first have to be a presidential candidate.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2007, 03:39:10 PM »

I hope you're right, I really do.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2007, 03:40:58 PM »

stupid hack.. if a republican won the popular vote and lose the electoral college you would be mad.. so go to hell

im sick of these rethugicans

Uh, I think some of us are more mature, though, to acknowledge that winning the popular vote doesn't mean winning the Presidency.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2007, 03:46:09 PM »

stupid hack.. if a republican won the popular vote and lose the electoral college you would be mad.. so go to hell

im sick of these rethugicans

Uh, I think some of us are more mature, though, to acknowledge that winning the popular vote doesn't mean winning the Presidency.

umm excuse me, you know damn right that if that happened to a republican you would be whining about it.

and please dont reply saying that I do not like bush, cause i do.. ive always liked him personally

Just because we wouldn't like it wouldn't mean that the guy would have won.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2007, 03:47:10 PM »

umm excuse me, you know damn right that if that happened to a republican you would be whining about it.

Excuse me but please don't make a generalization like that. I accept that the popular vote doesn't make someone the winner in a Presidential election. I expected more from the adult commentators on the other side but that didn't happen.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I have absolutely no idea where that came from or why it would be a topic. Then again, that is common your posts.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2007, 03:54:46 PM »

No news here. Al Gore is the strongest contender for 2008, in any party.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2007, 04:01:30 PM »

Citizen James
James42

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -2.78

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2007, 04:17:15 PM »

Gore could certainly be a top contender if he were to run.  But I've seen nothing that leads me to believe that he's going to run.  In order to be elected president, you first have to be a presidential candidate.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Let me see if I can explain why we are frustrated over Bush's 'win' in conservative terms.

Imagine that a major mob boss is on trial.  It is beyond obvious that he is guilty.  However a key piece of evidence is ruled inadmissable because of a small mistake by a rookie.  He laughs at the police and boasts about how his case was thrown out and how that obviously means he did something wrong.  Besides, if the cops are too dumb to handle evidence correctly, he deserves to be free.

You might as well pull a Pat Robertson and claim that America 'deserved' 9/11 because our intellegence services weren't working hard enough.  (or were working on the wrong things - like trying to find a 'smoking gun' from the Clinton administration of some sort of major wrongdoing)
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2007, 05:52:27 PM »

sure, he legally won.

If they don't know how to accuratley push down a ballot...then they shouldn't vote. I went with my mother to the polls on November 7, 2000 and she let me push in the ballot for Bush. Clearly, if a 12 year old kid knew how, then the people in Florida should have known.

The ballots in Ohio were a bit different than the ballots in Florida where the problems were.  Not to mention the amount of voters who were 'mistakenly' removed from the voter roles, which happened to be a disporportanate amount of African Americans and more Dem areas.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2007, 05:53:30 PM »

sure, he legally won.

The ballots in Ohio were a bit different than the ballots in Florida where the problems were.  Not to mention the amount of voters who were 'mistakenly' removed from the voter roles, which happened to be a disporportanate amount of African Americans and more Dem areas.

Boo-frickin'-Hoo. It's over. Bush won Florida.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2007, 06:23:04 PM »

Gore has to actually get into the race to win. I still don't see that happening.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2007, 08:13:19 PM »

Nobody comes that close can resist a 2nd try.

More relevant than the closeness is that he actually won. Check this out for some serious Bush campaign hypocrosity.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=18438.0

You can't become president for more than two terms. If Al Gore won  the election, George Bush would probably concede the 2000 election to him on 1/19/09.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2007, 08:17:02 PM »

sure, he legally won.

Well said. I did the same thing with my mom for Bush in '04.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies