Opinion of the FBI
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 10:16:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Opinion of the FBI
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Opinion of the FBI
Freedom Agency

Horrible Agency

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 75

Author Topic: Opinion of the FBI  (Read 1917 times)
Fuzzy Bear Loves Christian Missionaries
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2022, 10:07:14 PM »

They are politicized from top to bottom.  It's nothing new.  The present FBI leadership is as corrupt as J. Edgar Hoover.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2022, 10:09:02 PM »

They are politicized from top to bottom.  It's nothing new.  The present FBI leadership is as corrupt as J. Edgar Hoover.

The present FBI leadership also happens to be appointed by Donald Trump. I guess irony can be pretty damned ironic sometimes.
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2022, 10:10:01 PM »

The present FBI leadership also happens to be appointed by Donald Trump. I guess irony can be pretty damned ironic sometimes.

I would prefer if the FBI wasn't appointed by the executive branch at all. Most other countries have non political civil servants.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2022, 10:12:28 PM »

Wray's appointment was a pick forced on Trump after firing Comey.  He was hardly "his" pick, any more than Louis Freeh was a Clinton partisan.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2022, 10:14:28 PM »

Wray's appointment was a pick forced on Trump after firing Comey.  He was hardly "his" pick, any more than Louis Freeh was a Clinton partisan.

If Donald Trump was just a powerless figurehead anyway what would be the point of electing him in 2024 again?
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2022, 10:19:26 PM »

If Donald Trump was just a powerless figurehead anyway what would be the point of electing him in 2024 again?

Trump was not a powerless figurehead.  If he had been, people on your side would not be so bent out of shape over him.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2022, 10:28:37 PM »

Trump was not a powerless figurehead.  If he had been, people on your side would not be so bent out of shape over him.

So, Trump was not a powerless figurehead because he happened to make people angry?

I guess by that definition you must be one of the most powerful people on this forum then. Congrats.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2022, 11:22:29 PM »

Hard HP.

It's still an oppressive agency that would back-up a typical GOP President's crack-down on civil liberties if needed. Just cause they understand the unique threat of Donald Trump, who also isn't very subtle about his crimes, doesn't mean they aren't heavy-handed state actors who do a lot of harm for every good thing they do.
Nutmeg
thepolitic
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2022, 11:33:39 PM »

People should complain about the NSA, DEA and CIA (especially the last one.) Not them.
Whats wrong with any of those?
A is terrible, B is misused, and C is like A but for developing countries.

I don't understand this. Would you please elaborate?
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2022, 11:49:08 PM »

People should complain about the NSA, DEA and CIA (especially the last one.) Not them.
Whats wrong with any of those?
A is terrible, B is misused, and C is like A but for developing countries.

I don't understand this. Would you please elaborate?

Illegal spying operations but in oil-rich developing states.
vitoNova
United States

« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2022, 01:35:03 AM »

Pre-Waco = massive HP

Post-Waco = massive FF
MiddleRoad
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2022, 02:01:18 AM »

Pre-Waco = massive HP

Post-Waco = massive FF

All they managed to do at Waco was kill a bunch of largely innocent people besides Korean. Women, kids, all burnt to death. They didn’t deserve to die.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2022, 02:27:05 AM »

Reminder that Trump fired Comey for insufficient personal loyalty
MiddleRoad
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2022, 03:36:04 AM »

And…? Doesn’t mean that it’s not corrupt.

General rule for thumb: Federal investigate agencies are, always have been, and always will be corrupt. They are not and have never been “good” institutions, but necessary evils.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2022, 04:35:30 AM »

Good work today, but we can never, ever forget what evil it brought onto the world on 10/28/2016, the precursor to the darkest day in history (11/8/2016).

The "darkest day in history" isn't when Hitler came to power?
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2022, 04:39:05 AM »

General rule for thumb: Federal investigate agencies are, always have been, and always will be corrupt. They are not and have never been “good” institutions, but necessary evils.

Were they corrupt when they chose to investigate Hillary Clinton?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2022, 07:58:54 AM »

So who forced Trump to pick Wray?

I thought the whole argument in favor of Trump was that he was going to drain the swamp and couldn't be pushed around by the so-called deep state.
MiddleRoad
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2022, 02:07:24 PM »

Were they corrupt when they chose to investigate Hillary Clinton?

Yes. I personally am not a fan of Hillary Clinton (I love her husband though), but, I will readily admit that she was subject to a political witch hunt, as were the others involved in that scandal like Huma Abedin and such. There was no need for a 60 something at the time woman to testify for 11 hours straight, either; that at that time struck me as insanely excessive. The whole thing was just bullying and petty.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2022, 02:12:48 PM »

He Garland said that he doesn't have a case yet against Trump that's all he said and we know that already
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2022, 02:19:13 PM »

Historically a very racist organization led for too long by J. Edgar Hoover, a terrible human being who used the full power of the United States government to target and harass Black people.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies