FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 03:46:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 121 122 ... 131
Author Topic: FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)  (Read 120231 times)
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2900 on: June 23, 2023, 08:18:54 PM »

FWIW I've seen plenty pointing out that if Cannon does do something ridiculous, Jack Smith could just file charges against Trump in New Jersey because he also had classified documents at his golf club in Bedminster and as they were different documents it wouldn't be double jeopardy...and no doubt Cannon knows this.

Wait, Trump is only being prosecuted for the documents in Florida? It seems like he's due for another indictment in New Jersey regardless of the outcome of this trial, then.

But these prosecutors are handling him with kid gloves and it's ridiculous. I get it because image as it relates to impartiality is everything, but a six-month delay for Trump to "not talk about the case" with his friend is stupid and asking for a closer date wouldn't sway anyone over who's not already backing Trump. Is there a real purpose to any of this?

Discovery in classified information cases is very slow.  August was never going to happen; it was just a placeholder date.  A December trial date, if that actually happens, would actually be surprisingly fast.  That the DOJ asked for that early a date suggests that they view the case as fairly straightforward.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2901 on: June 25, 2023, 09:21:06 AM »
« Edited: June 25, 2023, 09:26:12 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

As I said we should be concerned about these indictments but not obsessed TRUMP got 3 SCOTUS PICKS ALONG WITH THOMAS AND ALITO THEY WILL AUTOMATICALLY STAY ANY JAIL TIME SHOULD There BE A CONVICTED SENTENCE UP TO 2+YRS, whereas Nixon with D judges during Watergate would have been jailed immediately

BUT TRUMP.IS THE SAME AS JACK RUBY, RUBY WAS THE UMBRELLA MAN inTHE GRASSY Area THAT SHOT JFK RUBY LIKE TRUMP ARE FELONS BUT HAVENT BEEN CONVICTED, RS CAN EXPUNGED IMPEACHMENT BUT THE FACT REMAINS TRUMP IS BEING PROSECUTED , Ruby was a Mobster and took umbrella class

BLUE AVATARS TRYING TO Make TRUMP THE 2016 CANDIDATE need to stop we voted him out already in 20 and voted against Oz in 22 that's not the 2016 Trump and he beat Hillary

Do you really think Biden is gonna lose PA like Hillary that Rs claim no because Erie CTY is solid D now it was R during 2016
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2902 on: June 25, 2023, 09:27:39 AM »

To have it closer to actual voting?
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2903 on: June 25, 2023, 11:12:43 AM »

August is too soon so this is their suggestion for a realistic & firm trial date.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2904 on: June 26, 2023, 03:51:28 PM »

emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2905 on: June 26, 2023, 07:13:14 PM »

CNN obtains the tape of Trump’s 2021 conversation about classified documents

CNN has exclusively obtained the audio recording of the 2021 meeting in Bedminster, New Jersey, where President Donald Trump discusses holding secret documents he did not declassify.

The recording, which first aired on CNN’s “Anderson Cooper 360,” includes new details from the conversation that is a critical piece of evidence in special counsel Jack Smith’s indictment of Trump over the mishandling of classified information, including a moment when Trump seems to indicate he was holding a secret Pentagon document with plans to attack Iran.

“These are the papers,” Trump says in the audio recording, while he’s discussing the Pentagon attack plans, a quote that was not included in the indictment.

In the two-minute audio recording, Trump and his aides also joke about Hillary Clinton’s emails after the former president says that the document was “secret information.”

“Hillary would print that out all the time, you know. Her private emails,” Trump’s staffer said.

“No, she’d send it to Anthony Weiner,” Trump responded, referring to the former Democratic congressman, prompting laughter in the room.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/26/politics/trump-classified-documents-audio/index.html

The audio clip is in the link.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2906 on: June 26, 2023, 07:15:56 PM »

Trump Prosecutors Struggled on Motives. Then They Heard the Tape.
An audio recording became a significant find in the classified-documents case against the former president.

Justice Department and FBI officials disagreed back in August about whether their investigation into the handling of sensitive documents justified the search of Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort. Fewer officials had doubts earlier this month, when prosecutors took an even bolder step: asking a grand jury to indict the former president on 37 counts.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-prosecutors-struggled-over-motives-then-they-heard-the-tape-37a7efed

The rest is paywalled.

Makes a lot of sense after listening to the audio. He talks about it so cavalierly and is joking about Hilary's e-mail sever and Anthony Weiner. (not in the indictment or previous reporting)

I think this also leaves no doubt about whether there actually is a specific document (which he denied in an interview last week). Other people in the room are acknowledging the document he's showing them in the audio.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2907 on: June 26, 2023, 07:49:35 PM »

Somewhere, the ghost of Richard Nixon is shaking his head and muttering, "They learned nothing."
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2908 on: June 26, 2023, 08:03:28 PM »

They handed over all of the grand jury testimony (Washington & Florida). Trump's public statements are also included in the discovery.
Took them less than a week to start leaking this directly to CNN lol
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2909 on: June 26, 2023, 08:05:25 PM »

They handed over all of the grand jury testimony (Washington & Florida). Trump's public statements are also included in the discovery.

I strongly doubt the government is the source of the leak.  It's most likely the witness who provided the recording.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2910 on: June 26, 2023, 08:20:49 PM »

I strongly doubt the government is the source of the leak.  It's most likely the witness who provided the recording.

No, I mean Trump’s team leaked it!

Very funny that Haberman didn’t get this first.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2911 on: June 26, 2023, 08:25:07 PM »

Why do so many white collar criminals record themselves admitting to crimes?
Redban

« Reply #2912 on: June 26, 2023, 09:52:26 PM »

I’m not surprised by that audio tape. Maybe the prosecutors can get a conviction asap and get Trump to drop out of the primary or something

I supported Trump very strongly for 7 years. But I’m ready for someone else now. I just wish other Repubs would do the same and elect someone else in the primary
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2913 on: June 26, 2023, 10:02:58 PM »

I’m not surprised by that audio tape. Maybe the prosecutors can get a conviction asap and get Trump to drop out of the primary or something

I supported Trump very strongly for 7 years. But I’m ready for someone else now. I just wish other Repubs would do the same and elect someone else in the primary

Shocked Wow. Given as steadfastly that you've insisted this was all political witch hunt, Etc etc, your change of opinion when presented with new evidence is genuinely commendable. Kudos.
Yoda
United States

« Reply #2914 on: June 26, 2023, 11:01:20 PM »

Given that what we've seen from the indictment there is a voluminous amount of physical evidence against trump and an apparently very long list of witnesses the prosecution intends to call, how long do the lawyers on here think the trial will take once it actually starts? Are we talking days, weeks months?

Also, as it's criminal, trump would have to be in court all of this time, unlike his civil trial, yes? Potentially smack dab in the middle of campaign season?
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #2915 on: June 26, 2023, 11:13:37 PM »

- It's hilarious that this stupid sh**t is what they are going to get Trump on and not something like ,oh I don't know, stirring up a riot to overthrow an election.

- We now know it's not an act, Trump really is that dumb.

- The ass kissing by Trump's staff even in private is amazing.

- Hard to feel sorry for Anthony Weiner but he has got to be "why are you dragging me into this".
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2916 on: June 26, 2023, 11:16:00 PM »

Given that what we've seen from the indictment there is a voluminous amount of physical evidence against trump and an apparently very long list of witnesses the prosecution intends to call, how long do the lawyers on here think the trial will take once it actually starts? Are we talking days, weeks months?

Also, as it's criminal, trump would have to be in court all of this time, unlike his civil trial, yes? Potentially smack dab in the middle of campaign season?

I have no idea but Cannon estimated 2 weeks when she set the trial date FWIW.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2917 on: June 26, 2023, 11:46:16 PM »

- It's hilarious that this stupid sh**t is what they are going to get Trump on and not something like ,oh I don't know, stirring up a riot to overthrow an election. 

This charge isn't "stupid". It's incredibly serious and Trump deserves prison time for it.

In any case, Smith is also investigating the January 6 stuff and the plots to overturn the election. There's nothing precluding him from indicting Trump on those charges in addition to him keeping the documents. Additionally, election interference is the sole focus of the Georgia investigation.
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #2918 on: June 26, 2023, 11:50:53 PM »

This charge isn't "stupid". It's incredibly serious and Trump deserves prison time for it.

In any case, Smith is also investigating the January 6 stuff and the plots to overturn the election. There's nothing precluding him from indicting Trump on those charges in addition to him keeping the documents. Additionally, election interference is the sole focus of the Georgia investigation.

The charge isn't stupid, the fact Trump got nailed on it is. What did he think was going to happen?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2919 on: June 27, 2023, 12:24:11 AM »

What Trump has been accused of is arguably as bad as January 6th.
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #2920 on: June 27, 2023, 12:40:18 AM »

I don't want to appear to be downplaying what Trump is charged with but I honestly feel Trump's role on Jan 6 was 100X worse. He tried to instigate a coup for christs sake.
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2921 on: June 27, 2023, 12:57:14 AM »

Not even close. I don’t care about classified document BS, I do care about American democracy however.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2922 on: June 27, 2023, 01:27:21 AM »

I don't want to appear to be downplaying what Trump is charged with but I honestly feel Trump's role on Jan 6 was 100X worse. He tried to instigate a coup for christs sake.

Not even close. I don’t care about classified document BS, I do care about American democracy however.

If the documents weren't nuclear, I'd feel differently.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #2923 on: June 27, 2023, 02:00:13 AM »

So according to Republicans Bill Clinton's blowjob was the greatest threat to democracy ever.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2924 on: June 27, 2023, 03:48:07 PM »

I am not giving you any credit for how you now feel.
You acted in a "very strongly" way "for 7 years" that put our nation and Democracy at risk. Why? Why did you do this?
Was it not clear-as-day to you, that trump was a horrible human being, dumb as ****, and would be a complete threat to our country, our military, our allies (NATO) and peace & decency to our society ?
Do you think the troubles and nonsense the rest of us had do endure for 4 years was funny and some kind of game to you? (Hell, the nonsense and troubles with trump for the USA, is now past 4 years and still continuing.)
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 121 122 ... 131  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies