FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 05:54:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 ... 131
Author Topic: FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)  (Read 120259 times)
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1250 on: August 14, 2022, 05:34:08 PM »

One thing is for sure: We are going to reign in Merrick "Craptastic" Garland if Republicans take over the House.

Well, if it is you personally who is on the case Garland won't have much to be afraid about, actually.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #1251 on: August 14, 2022, 05:35:20 PM »

One thing is for sure: We are going to reign in Merrick "Craptastic" Garland if Republicans take over the House.

Well, if it is you personally who is on the case Garland won't have much to be afraid about, actually.

Not to mention that he's going to have a difficult time "reigning" anyone in when he can barely speak English.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1252 on: August 14, 2022, 05:37:42 PM »

Merrick Snarkland, you are fired.

The House of Representatives does not have the power to fire the Attorney General, cry harder.
The House of Representatives does have the Power to impeach Merrick Garland and I think he will be impeached should Republicans have House Control in January.

Of Course he always could resign before he is impeached.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1253 on: August 14, 2022, 05:40:06 PM »

The House of Representatives does not have the power to fire the Attorney General, cry harder.
The House of Representatives does have the Power to impeach Merrick Garland and I think he will be impeached should Republicans have House Control in January.

Fyi making you butthurt isn’t impeachable
MichaelRbn
Rookie
United States
« Reply #1254 on: August 14, 2022, 05:40:47 PM »

Why would he resign since there is zero chance he would be convicted.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1255 on: August 14, 2022, 05:42:37 PM »

The House can impeach a Cabinet officer, but it requires 2/3 of the Senate to remove him.  Good luck with that.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1256 on: August 14, 2022, 05:43:12 PM »

What happened to Scott Perry should scare everyone IMO!

Imagine you are travelling with your family and a bunch of FBI Agents show up and take your personal cell phone just because you are opposing the current Political Party in Power?

That's not the reason is was confiscated.
But nice fairy tale. What child's story book did you find that one in?
That is exactly why it was confiscated! He opposes the current Political Party and is a Trump Supporter.

Why wasn't Elise Stefaniks Cell Phone confiscated for example? Tell us.

The FBI doesn't sit down with reporters and answer questions like this during an active investigation. That's common knowledge. We are very likely find out why Stefanik's phone was taken at some point in the future, as this kind of information usually becomes available towards the end of active investigations, or after the fact. Again, this is very normal and standard protocol.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1257 on: August 14, 2022, 05:44:17 PM »

To spare Biden an Embarrassment.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #1258 on: August 14, 2022, 05:45:47 PM »

I am so confused right now...
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1259 on: August 14, 2022, 05:46:38 PM »

Kevin McCarthy s**ting his pants does not embarass the President.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1260 on: August 14, 2022, 05:47:07 PM »

The House can impeach a Cabinet officer, but it requires 2/3 of the Senate to remove him.  Good luck with that.
I know it takes 2/3 to remove him but impeached is impeached. There will be other Investigations like for example why the DoJ and Garland called out parents domestic terrorists.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1261 on: August 14, 2022, 05:50:17 PM »

Do we understand what impeachment means? I would agree that a month ago the Pubs next year would have the votes to impeach a ham sandwich if Trump gave them that marching order, but now I suspect their margin might well be quite paper thin, so McCarthy might ponder whether he might dial back a notch or two in pandering to the Pub crazies, and amoral lean and hungry ones, and those desperate to get to 20 years for a fully vested federal pension no matter how degrading. Otherwise, maybe Torie might be elected Speaker. Yeah, you don't need to be a House member to be elected Speaker. Who knew?  Terrified

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1262 on: August 14, 2022, 05:52:15 PM »

Do we understand what impeachment means? I would agree that a month ago the Pubs next year would have the votes to impeach a ham sandwich if Trump gave them that marching order, but now I suspect their margin might well be quite paper thin, so McCarthy might ponder whether he might dial back a notch or two in pandering to the Pub crazies, and amoral lean and hungry ones, and those desperate to get to 20 years for a fully vested federal pension no matter how degrading. Otherwise, maybe Torie might be elected Speaker. Yeah, you don't need to be a House member to be elected Speaker. Who knew?  Terrified

I support Torie for Speaker.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1263 on: August 14, 2022, 05:52:55 PM »

TL;DR: 2016 is trying very hard to derail the thread.  Just ignore him.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #1264 on: August 14, 2022, 05:53:54 PM »

I support Torie for Speaker.

I second the motion. 
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1265 on: August 14, 2022, 05:57:09 PM »

TL;DR: 2016 is trying very hard to derail the thread.  Just ignore him.

2016 sounds like someone who is on crack right now, so I find him amusing rather than annoying at the moment tbh.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1266 on: August 14, 2022, 05:58:15 PM »

Impeachments generally do not help the party in charge of the impeachment though. Republicans impeaching Clinton(or moving towards doing so) increased President Clinton's approvals and Republicans lost seats in a midterm.

Impeaching Trump in 2019 also resulted in Trump's approvals going slightly up so generally impeachment generally does not work.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1267 on: August 14, 2022, 06:04:12 PM »

Bidens life in the WH will become very miserable just like Garlands life at the DoJ.

Republicans will absolutely do the same thing Democrats did to the Trump WH.

The current Administration will face a lot of Investigations from COVID Mask & Vaccine Mandate overreach to Afghanistan withdrawal, etc, etc, etc. I would suspect.

The House Freedom Caucus & America First Members won't mess around with McCarthy. If he doesn't do what they say he will not be Speaker.

My guess is actually that there will be a compromise among House Republicans and Steve Scalise will become Speaker.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1268 on: August 14, 2022, 06:07:25 PM »

I hope the Republicans don’t do the same thing to the Capitol that they did during the Trump administration.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1269 on: August 14, 2022, 06:07:33 PM »

Junior Chimp

« Reply #1270 on: August 14, 2022, 06:08:42 PM »

Impeachments generally do not help the party in charge of the impeachment though. Republicans impeaching Clinton(or moving towards doing so) increased President Clinton's approvals and Republicans lost seats in a midterm.

Impeaching Trump in 2019 also resulted in Trump's approvals going slightly up so generally impeachment generally does not work.
There has already being Impeachment Articles written against Garland as I type here.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1271 on: August 14, 2022, 06:10:27 PM »

There has already being Impeachment Articles written against Garland as I type here.

For what? Executing a search warrant?
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #1272 on: August 14, 2022, 06:11:17 PM »

Good luck with those articles:

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1273 on: August 14, 2022, 06:14:36 PM »

OMG! Really?
God help us all. This is shocking news. How terrible. The world will surely end tomorrow.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1274 on: August 14, 2022, 06:27:42 PM »

Fuzzy: is the warrant a forgery? Or is the FBI lying? If so, what are they lying about? Did Trump have those documents at Mar-a-Lago, having declassified them before he left office, or did the FBI plant evidence?
You should honestly not even bother. Fuzzy will never engage on any of your questions and will just run away from the thread, hope things die done then come back with a new round of talking points. It’s better to just call him out on his absurdities and leave it at that
He clearly has an attachment to Trump beyond “logic” and that doesn’t make it less valid, it just means understanding it can’t be done through a scientific lens.
It’s quite easy to understand. Fuzzy is a typical cranky old fart who’s mad the world isn’t the same as when he grew up in and Trump hurts and upsets the various groups and elements Fuzzy blames for the changes 

Fuzzy is actually pretty young in many ways :

- He uses Millennial Jargon

- His politics are way more Similar to Under 40 Republicans than Over 40.

- He is definitely less jingoistic than most boomers

Yet another ways, particularly views on social issues he's well over 100.

Pantina of using words like cringe or based doesn't keep someone from being an ancient old fart.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 ... 131  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies