FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 04:20:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 ... 131
Author Topic: FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)  (Read 120237 times)
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #875 on: August 12, 2022, 06:33:29 AM »

If Trump gets even a single vote after having been revealed to have stolen nuclear secrets, we have failed as a country.

Spoiler alert: He gets AT LEAST 40 million votes in the general (unless he's an Independent instead of a Republican).
Burke Bro
omelott
Israel

« Reply #876 on: August 12, 2022, 06:46:24 AM »
« Edited: August 12, 2022, 06:50:59 AM by Tortilla Soup »

Trump supporting the release of the search warrant AND even the release of these Documents tells me two things:

# 1 He & his lawyers are confident that whatever the FBI/DoJ found will not be harmful to him.

# 2 He thinks Garland overplayed his hand.

If the ladder proves to be correct Garland/Biden/Congressional Democrats will be in full damage control mode and this whole stunt by Garland will do more harm then good.

Or he’s bluffing. I don’t think you understand just how serious and sound a case has to be for an FBI raid to be approved by the attorney general against a former president. Had Trump released the warrant on his own accord, it would have been harder to control the narrative. The same is true if Trump publicly challenged the release of the warrant by the DOJ. What’s likely to happen now is, once the warrant is released, for Trump to claim the DOJ fabricated the version released to the public. That buys Trump and his team of lawyers more time by diverting public attention and at least gives trump some kind of defense for his recent actions, no matter how flimsy the defense itself is.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #877 on: August 12, 2022, 06:55:57 AM »

It's been pointed out elsewhere but MAGA silence until they get the next approved messaging is always telling.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #878 on: August 12, 2022, 07:47:18 AM »
« Edited: August 12, 2022, 07:51:11 AM by roxas11 »

Trump supporting the release of the search warrant AND even the release of these Documents tells me two things:

# 1 He & his lawyers are confident that whatever the FBI/DoJ found will not be harmful to him.

If the ladder proves to be correct Garland/Biden/Congressional Democrats will be in full damage control mode and this whole stunt by Garland will do more harm then good.

If that was the case he would already have released the warrant to the public by now

Trump knows full well that the info in that warrant is not good for him at all and that is a big reason why he is still hiding it from the public. The only reason he is demanding that the FBI release the warrant right now is because it makes it easier for him to convince his supporters not to trust any of the evidence coming from them...

BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #879 on: August 12, 2022, 08:00:45 AM »

If Trump gets even a single vote after having been revealed to have stolen nuclear secrets, we have failed as a country.

Spoiler alert: He gets AT LEAST 40 million votes in the general (unless he's an Independent instead of a Republican).
...and that is wild lowballing. If Adolf Hitler rose from the grave and somehow was the republican nominee in 2024, he'd still get at least 40% of the vote. That is where we are.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #880 on: August 12, 2022, 08:03:42 AM »

...and that is wild lowballing. If Adolf Hitler rose from the grave and somehow was the republican nominee in 2024, he'd still get at least 40% of the vote. That is where we are.

Nah.  Hitler wasn't a natural-born US citizen. Wink
Spectator
United States

« Reply #881 on: August 12, 2022, 08:12:06 AM »

Nah.  Hitler wasn't a natural-born US citizen. Wink

I mean it’s probably true. “I don’t like it, but at least he ain’t no Democrat”
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #882 on: August 12, 2022, 08:16:22 AM »

This all is a Political Witch Hunt to prevent Trump from running again.

But I am not surprised since Trump ordered Zelenskyy to go after Biden in 2019.

If he had highly classified information about America's nuclear capabilities, he should have the book throw at him. And if any of his terrorist followers want to go on a jihad, they should be made shahid by the wonderful US law enforcement agencies!
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #883 on: August 12, 2022, 08:25:10 AM »

Holy sh**t, Fox News is going to get this guy killed...
Spectator
United States

« Reply #884 on: August 12, 2022, 08:26:36 AM »

Holy sh**t, Fox News is going to get this guy killed...

And then they’ll deny it and act like they’re the victims of people point it out
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #885 on: August 12, 2022, 08:40:00 AM »

Spectator
United States

« Reply #886 on: August 12, 2022, 08:46:37 AM »

Yeah, goin with the old “planting info” talking points

“That’s not mine, Sir.”—every detainee on Cops
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #887 on: August 12, 2022, 08:47:32 AM »

If Trump did indeed have classified nuclear documents, then how can any sane person possibly believe he shouldn’t be arrested?

(There’s a lot more he should be arrested for, to be fair, but come on)
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #888 on: August 12, 2022, 08:47:55 AM »

Nothing official has happened with that 3pm deadline set for today, right? Or am I late to the party again as usual?
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #889 on: August 12, 2022, 08:48:48 AM »

It's latter and another possibility is he knows the documents are coming out (because court records are supposed to be public when possible) and he wants to project the image of innocence to his base.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #890 on: August 12, 2022, 08:54:04 AM »

Nothing official has happened with that 3pm deadline set for today, right? Or am I late to the party again as usual?

Nothing new yet, besides Trump's claim he won't oppose unsealing.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #891 on: August 12, 2022, 09:04:00 AM »

Long thread, so I'll post the details for those who don't have twitter

A group of House Republicans who were planning a morning news conference about the Justice Dept search of Mar-a-Lago have cancelled the news conference

But another group will face reporters.

House Intelligence Committee ranking member Rep. Michael Turner (R-OH) has news conference at 930am

Rep Michael Turner (R-OH): “We are very concerned about the method that was used to raid Mar-a-Lago”… citing nine hour length

He says release of warrant and inventory of search will still leave “unanswered questions”

Turner says House Intelligence Cmte Republicans are sending letter to FBI today with questions about process and relationship of “informant”

Rep Elise Stefanik (R-NY): “Fulsome investigation” is needed into Pres Biden “weaponizing” Justice Dept. against Trump

They have not yet taken questions from reporters. But this press conference has segued to talk of “Russia hoax”, Hunter Biden and the 2017 Congressional baseball practice shooting

These people have absolutely zero shame...
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #892 on: August 12, 2022, 09:05:47 AM »

If Trump did indeed have classified nuclear documents, then how can any sane person possibly believe he shouldn’t be arrested?

(There’s a lot more he should be arrested for, to be fair, but come on)

The bolded word is your answer.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #893 on: August 12, 2022, 09:10:44 AM »
« Edited: August 12, 2022, 10:53:59 AM by Torie »

1. The warrant is unlikely to have much in it of interest, e.g. it won't have the words "nuclear documents" in it. It most likely will have just a general statement that its scope is documents that by law Trump should not have. It might have an attachment stating the potential crime involved, but that might merely reference the statute regarding the improper handling of government documents that became a felony in 2018 in a statute Trump demanded and signed per trying to nail Hillary. Be careful what you wish for.

2. What is not being released, and what Garland did not move to unseal, and what Trump may well now be demanding be unsealed (but won't be by the judge absent DOJ consent), is the affidavit in support of the issuance of the warrant, which would entail the DOJ dropping its pants as it were as to what they have on Trump and where they are going with it.

3. So assuming the words "nuclear documents" is not in the warrant, who leaked those words to WAPO, which would be highly improper?

4. WTF are "nuclear documents" anyway, as someone queried above? Blueprints? What? And such documents were just lying around the oval office for Trump to put in his briefcase as he left? And yes, presumably the DOJ found out about them recently, because if so sensitive they would not have dicked around for months with chit chat and subpoenas and so forth, and of course given that they were on site before, would have picked them up then.

I just cannot conceive what kind of documents these are that would cause such a fuss. If hyper technical keys to the kingdom, POTUS would not have had those documents, and would not have been able to understand what was in them even if he had possession of them. It would be like me having a notebook full of software code. Wut?

Addendum: I forgot about the inventory list that will be revealed, and the NYT's leak source refers to "special access programs." I wonder if Trump knew what he had in his safe. Hopefully not. If he did, he might have already shared it with all the wrong people. I hope that I am being excessively paranoid here.

"But the person briefed on the matter said investigators had been concerned about material from what the government calls “special access programs,” a designation that is typically reserved for extremely sensitive operations carried out by the United States abroad or for closely held technologies and capabilities."

"While the inventory provided to Mr. Trump’s team after the search is unlikely to reveal details about the specific documents he kept, it refers to an array of sensitive material, according to a person with knowledge of the matter."

Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #894 on: August 12, 2022, 09:11:35 AM »

If you want to die quickly, take a drink every time a Republican deflects to Hillary Clinton or Hunter Biden.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #895 on: August 12, 2022, 09:13:56 AM »

If you want to die quickly, take a drink every time a Republican deflects to Hillary Clinton or Hunter Biden.

I just referred to Hillary Clinton in the post immediately above, so I beat the Pubs to the punch and I win. So much winning ...
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #896 on: August 12, 2022, 09:15:50 AM »

I always try to imagine how the GOP would have responded if Obama had every single scandal Trump had. Just imagine that. Him calling for "2nd Amendment solutions" against McCain, bribing a foreign govt to get dirt on Romney, calling violent Antifa "very fine people", siding with Putin over US Intel agencies in public, attempting a coup after losing reelection or to win a 3rd term, taking classified documents with him after leaving office, calling for Biden to be "taken care of" by violent protesters, paying off p**n stars, etc.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #897 on: August 12, 2022, 09:17:01 AM »

I always try to imagine how the GOP would have responded if Obama had every single scandal Trump had. Just imagine that. Him calling for "2nd Amendment solutions" against McCain, bribing a foreign govt to get dirt on Romney, attempting a coup after losing reelection or to win a 3rd term, taking classified documents with him after leaving office, calling for Biden to be "taken care of" by violent protesters, paying off p**n stars, etc.

None of that’s nearly as bad as eating dijon mustard or wearing a tan suit, libtard.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #898 on: August 12, 2022, 09:19:01 AM »

I always try to imagine how the GOP would have responded if Obama had every single scandal Trump had. Just imagine that. Him calling for "2nd Amendment solutions" against McCain, bribing a foreign govt to get dirt on Romney, attempting a coup after losing reelection or to win a 3rd term, taking classified documents with him after leaving office, calling for Biden to be "taken care of" by violent protesters, paying off p**n stars, etc.

None of that’s nearly as bad as eating dijon mustard or wearing a tan suit, libtard.

It definitely wasn’t due to the fact that he had a funny middle name and his father was from Kenya. If you want to boil the white grievance politics down to a science, it all starts with that.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #899 on: August 12, 2022, 09:30:35 AM »

1. The warrant is unlikely to have much in it of interest, e.g. it won't have the words "nuclear documents" in it. It most likely will have just a general statement that its scope is documents that by law Trump should not have. It might have an attachment stating the potential crime involved, but that might merely reference the statute regarding the improper handling of government documents that became a felony in 2018 in a statute Trump demanded and signed per trying to nail Hillary. Be careful what you wish for.

2. What is not being released, and what Garland did not move to unseal, and what Trump may well now be demanding be unsealed (but won't be by the judge absent DOJ consent), is the affidavit in support of the issuance of the warrant, which would entail the DOJ dropping its pants as it were as to what they have on Trump and where they are going with it.

3. So assuming the words "nuclear documents" is not in the warrant, who leaked those words to WAPO, which would be highly improper?

4. WTF are "nuclear documents" anyway, as someone queried above? Blueprints? What? And such documents were just lying around the oval office for Trump to put in his briefcase as he left? And yes, presumably the DOJ found out about them recently, because if so sensitive they would not have dicked around for months with chit chat and subpoenas and so forth, and of course given that they were on site before, would have picked them up then.

I just cannot conceive what kind of documents these are that would cause such a fuss. If hyper technical keys to the kingdom, POTUS would not have had those documents, and would not have been able to understand what was in them even if he had possession of them. It would be like me having a notebook full of software code. Wut?

I'm also wary of the term "nuclear documents" and personally think folks might be rushing to the most extreme conclusion. But who knows? The last six years have definitely made me more jaded (and that's not even accounting for what medical school has done to me!).
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 ... 131  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies