Ron Johnson suggests ending Medicare and Social Security as Mandatory Spending Programs (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:25:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Ron Johnson suggests ending Medicare and Social Security as Mandatory Spending Programs (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ron Johnson suggests ending Medicare and Social Security as Mandatory Spending Programs  (Read 1045 times)
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: August 04, 2022, 08:41:25 PM »

"Make it discretionary spending" = steal money from Medicare and use it to give tax cuts to rich people and corporations that they don't need. Disgusting.

This.

But you know what, THIS IS VERY GOOD. Nothing like this will EVER become law in practice, but all it does is give ammunition to the Democratic nominee in WI this year. I want to see WI Democrats running ads and SLAMMING and HAMMERING Johnson on this. SLAM him. Wisconsinites don't want to throw the elderly under the bus, and older Wisconsinites won't respond well to this AT ALL. Time to make this a centrepiece of the Democratic campaign for Senate in WI. If Johnson continues making moronic statements like this, Democrats may defeat him.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2022, 08:44:02 PM »

The Republicans could end up blowing the midterms. They've recruited some horrific candidates, and these ttpes of comments from the current crop of bozos in charge aren't going to play well.

If Democrats were smart, they'd just run these comments in every media market in the US.

Agreed on this too, 100%.
It's not just Johnson. I can think of several other terrible GOP candidates who have been nominated in competitive races: Mastriano (PA-GOV), Walker (GA-SEN), and Masters (AZ-SEN). Masters, for instance, similar to Johnson, advocated privatising Social Security. Mastriano is just far-right, period, and alienates moderates and Biden voters at every possible turn. And Walker is a joke of a candidate who cannot speak coherently, let alone get through a debate, and who has scores of skeletons (not to mention secret children) in his closet.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2022, 12:26:03 AM »

The Republicans could end up blowing the midterms. They've recruited some horrific candidates, and these ttpes of comments from the current crop of bozos in charge aren't going to play well.

If Democrats were smart, they'd just run these comments in every media market in the US.

Agreed on this too, 100%.
It's not just Johnson. I can think of several other terrible GOP candidates who have been nominated in competitive races: Mastriano (PA-GOV), Walker (GA-SEN), and Masters (AZ-SEN). Masters, for instance, similar to Johnson, advocated privatising Social Security. Mastriano is just far-right, period, and alienates moderates and Biden voters at every possible turn. And Walker is a joke of a candidate who cannot speak coherently, let alone get through a debate, and who has scores of skeletons (not to mention secret children) in his closet.

There's got to be a "Masters & Johnson" joke lurking somewhere.

They're already both jokes, I think a funnier matchup would be putting Matriano and Walker together in the same room as neither seem to be particular smart when it comes to what they say whereas at least Johnson and Masters seem to be calculated

I didn't get the joke until I consulted the ever-faithful Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masters_and_Johnson
See for yourself.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies