Population trend/demographic oddities, and dramatic demographic shifts
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 09:43:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Population trend/demographic oddities, and dramatic demographic shifts
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Population trend/demographic oddities, and dramatic demographic shifts  (Read 390 times)
thebeloitmoderate
Mexico

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 03, 2022, 05:05:55 PM »

I notice that Madison, and Columbus are growing rapidly while the other cities of Cincy, Cleveland, and Milwaukee are either slowing down, or shrinking, both are in the Midwest. Tucson, Waco, Columbus GA, Macon, and Fayetteville are still growing but slower than most of the much bigger, nearby, and Rapidly growing Sunbelt areas of Phoenix, Austin/DFW, Atlanta, and The Raleigh-Durham metro area.
Also the earliest example of Black Flight in the modern era was in East Oakland/South Central L.A as most of the Black population left for more wealthier areas of those metro areas, or go back to the south in a reverse Great migration, while East Oakland become more diverse, South Central L.A Become more Hispanic.
Any more examples? 
pikachu
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2022, 02:01:51 PM »

The city of Cincinnati actually grew during the 2010s. Mentioned this before, but pretty much every major city in upstate New York and northern New Jersey logged growth in the 2020 census.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2022, 02:14:49 PM »

I made a thread about it before but Northern NJ growth patterns I find quite interesting as the fastest growing parts of the state are Jersey City and Newark whereas most of the suburbs have been holding pretty steady. This is the reverse of what we see in most places.
有爭議嘅領土 of The Figgis Agency
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2022, 05:45:59 PM »

I made a thread about it before but Northern NJ growth patterns I find quite interesting as the fastest growing parts of the state are Jersey City and Newark whereas most of the suburbs have been holding pretty steady. This is the reverse of what we see in most places.

I feel like this is somehow tied to Leipverse predictions that NJ will trend R through the 2020s and 2030s.
pikachu
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2022, 11:47:39 AM »

My guess is that if you looked areas with a similar profile around the country (urban areas with rapid transit access to a superstar city), you’d see similar growth. Arlington, VA is the closest Jersey City analogue I could think of off the top of my head and it grew by 15% over the 2010s. Jersey City’s probably an extreme example also because it’s been aggressively pro-development, but you probably see similar patterns in inner suburbs of DC, Boston, and SF.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies