America's Maverick Part 2: Madame President (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:39:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  America's Maverick Part 2: Madame President (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should I switch to using Fox News for this Part of the TL
Stick to CNN

Switch to Fox News

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 23

Author Topic: America's Maverick Part 2: Madame President  (Read 29100 times)
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« on: October 16, 2022, 05:09:23 PM »

OSR,
I wonder if Marco Rubio runs for Governor in 2010 since there is no chance he primaries Senator Jeb Bush.
Maybe he picks someone like Illena Ross-Lehtinen as Running Mate if he wins the GOP Governor Nomination.

Yah he is running and his opponents in the Republican Primary are Rick Scott and Charlie Christ.
Tough Race for Marco! Probably wins the Primary in a squeaker.

I think Crist has a better chance ITTL because he was friends with McCain IRL. Though that might not have been until 2006. Unless he wasn't elected AG in 2006.

I think it's anyone's race, Scott might be at a slight advantage because of his personal wealth, but Rubio's grassroots support, and Crist's "experience" play might all play well.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2022, 07:41:39 PM »

OSR,
I wonder if Marco Rubio runs for Governor in 2010 since there is no chance he primaries Senator Jeb Bush.
Maybe he picks someone like Illena Ross-Lehtinen as Running Mate if he wins the GOP Governor Nomination.

Yah he is running and his opponents in the Republican Primary are Rick Scott and Charlie Christ.
Tough Race for Marco! Probably wins the Primary in a squeaker.

I think Crist has a better chance ITTL because he was friends with McCain IRL. Though that might not have been until 2006. Unless he wasn't elected AG in 2006.

I think it's anyone's race, Scott might be at a slight advantage because of his personal wealth, but Rubio's grassroots support, and Crist's "experience" play might all play well.

Keep in mind that President's and Former Presidents usually do not get publicly involved in partisan primaries for open races (well until Trump IRL) so McCain will probably stay out.

It will still be close given those 3 things you mentioned. The winner of the primary will be revealed in an update where I will list out all the battleground Senatorial and Gubernatorial races right before I cover the midterms.

Yea, but Crist as being a well-known McCain supporter and I assume he has some good photo op's and I think the "McCain wing" would favor him in the primary over the much more conservative IRL Tea Party-aligned guys, when the McCain wing, Moderate Maverick, wing has been prevailing in the GOP quite a bit.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies