County where Biden and Trump netted the most raw votes by state

<< < (2/2)

ProgressiveModerate:
Mohave County (and for that matter Yavapai County) are a lot larger than people tend to give them credit for, and both are relatively high turnout and seeing strong growth. Both have over 200k people as of the 2020 census and collectively land at about 450k. Collectively they singlehandedly net Trump 100k votes in 2020, which is essentially the same amount as Pima (Tucson) netted for Biden. I think what's annoying is a lot of the precincts in both counties are insanely large giving many the impression they're super sparse rural counties when that isn't true.

How much these counties continue to grow while staying extremely R will have a great impact on AZ's future politics, though it isn't neccessarily the best from a vote distribution standpoint since you essentially get R packs in Northwest AZ.

If my soul was made of stone:
Quote from: ProgressiveModerate on September 21, 2022, 07:44:28 PM

Mohave County (and for that matter Yavapai County) are a lot larger than people tend to give them credit for, and both are relatively high turnout and seeing strong growth. Both have over 200k people as of the 2020 census and collectively land at about 450k. Collectively they singlehandedly net Trump 100k votes in 2020, which is essentially the same amount as Pima (Tucson) netted for Biden. I think what's annoying is a lot of the precincts in both counties are insanely large giving many the impression they're super sparse rural counties when that isn't true.

How much these counties continue to grow while staying extremely R will have a great impact on AZ's future politics, though it isn't neccessarily the best from a vote distribution standpoint since you essentially get R packs in Northwest AZ.

Yavapai seems to be attracting a more "alternative" clientele as of late, what with Arcosanti and its share of Sedona and all the scenery, but Mohave is a strange, insular, deeply unsettling part of the world (Lake Havasu City *shudders*) which lacks any appeal outside of Mormons and Gosar types.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page