PA: Fox - Shapiro +10 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:54:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2022 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  PA: Fox - Shapiro +10 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PA: Fox - Shapiro +10  (Read 1687 times)
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« on: July 28, 2022, 07:57:35 PM »

These polls continue to be encouraging, especially with Shapiro, and sometimes Fetterman too being at or close to 50% in so many of them, I am just so scared of another polling error that underestimates Republicans again.

I have to believe that candidate quality matters, as much as it's often derided as a joke, to stay sane. It's kind of our only hope for the midterms to not end up as bad as they could be.

Well 2020 showed us that the Democrats usually win what the polling % says they should- it's probably off a bit but undecided voters make up for it. So Shapiro at 50% with Mastriano back by 10 means Shapiro is favored.
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2022, 02:05:23 AM »

I've personally shifted this race to LEAN-D, but Likely could very well happen if Shapiro holds his lead until ~October.
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2022, 05:42:52 PM »

These polls continue to be encouraging, especially with Shapiro, and sometimes Fetterman too being at or close to 50% in so many of them, I am just so scared of another polling error that underestimates Republicans again.

I have to believe that candidate quality matters, as much as it's often derided as a joke, to stay sane. It's kind of our only hope for the midterms to not end up as bad as they could be.

Well 2020 showed us that the Democrats usually win what the polling % says they should- it's probably off a bit but undecided voters make up for it. So Shapiro at 50% with Mastriano back by 10 means Shapiro is favored.

I suppose that's true. I always tend to think that a consistent showing of 50% or more in polling, if it can be sustained, is a good predictor of an election. In spite of both their races being much closer than expected both Biden and Murphy had this, to name some examples.

So I'm feeling somewhat okay about the Governor's race in Pennsylvania at least. Shapiro's lead just needs to be maintained for another three months.

The same will hopefully happen to Fetterman too, but Senate races don't exist in a vacuum as often as gubernatorial races can. Though Fetterman is obviously running a great campaign so far in defining Oz who is lacking in any real competent defenses. If I wasn't taking the environment into consideration, and factors outside of Democrats' control, I would say he's doing enough to convince me that he'll win. It does look like the easiest win of the big four Senate races though, I would say, and winning it immediately makes the Republican path to a Senate majority more difficult.

Well I think Oz and Mastriano both piss off different parts of a coalition one needs to win as a Republican in PA.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies